The Night of the Hunter: Good suspense. Good acting. Good music. Though I don't know what's the problem with old films with an incredibly shallow ending. 9/10

Lost in Translation: Good acting. Good theme. Good music. Tokyo. 10/10

Fire Down Below

Sudden Death

Hard Target

There's been a rash of shitty, generic 1990s action flix on this weekend. They've done some good getting me through the misery of this job search. I'm almost disappointed that Terminator 2 is on deck.

Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens

Just what I needed/10

i watched it too back when i watched a new hope. money saved.

Is it a coincidence ANH is at the top of the iTunes Charts again, or are people watching it again when they get home thinking "I got ripped off"

A bit late but just wanted to say It Follows sucked. It was like all the components of a horror movie glued together to make something not quite really a horror movie. So many cliches and asking for too much suspension of disbelief.

Yeah, sure, analog synths (probably VA) but if you want some campy new retro horror, You're Next slays it.

A bit late but just wanted to say It Follows sucked. It was like all the components of a horror movie glued together to make something not quite really a horror movie. So many cliches and asking for too much suspension of disbelief.

Yeah, sure, analog synths (probably VA) but if you want some campy new retro horror, You're Next slays it.

If anything, it was not so many cliches for a modern horror. It clearly followed a nightmare logic with all the mixed historical details and sometimes nonsensical actions - yet those were not the same stupid bullshit you see in every fucking horror.

Tarantino gave it an accurate description in my view:

Among the many interesting reveals from Quentin Tarantino‘s recent wide-ranging interview was that he “really liked” David Robert Mitchell‘s indie horror hit It Follows. “It was the best premise I’ve seen in a horror film in a long, long, long time,” said Tarantino.
However, he continued, he had some problems with the premise’s execution: “It’s one of those movies that’s so good you get mad at it for not being great.”

The Revenant - a tidy western in the wilds, the director should do Blood Meridian

It's not out for a month?!

the internet is your friend here chap!

on reflection, its ok, it has some truly memorable moments involving LDC's dead missus (not exactly a plot spoiler), Tom Hardy does wild eyed a bit OTT and the ending kinda dragged a bit

and lots of beards too if yer into the hairy bear scene (ambiguous pun intended)

The Revenant - a tidy western in the wilds, the director should do Blood Meridian

It's not out for a month?!

the internet is your friend here chap!

on reflection, its ok, it has some truly memorable moments involving LDC's dead missus (not exactly a plot spoiler), Tom Hardy does wild eyed a bit OTT and the ending kinda dragged a bit

and lots of beards too if yer into the hairy bear scene (ambiguous pun intended)

Quality rip, mayne?

gripped an ok screener, looked decent on t'telly, but yer right with resolution/big screen experience.....i just couldnt face 2&half hrs in the cinema with awkward seats & fucked pelvis/legs that dont mix well, plus they dont take kindly to u vaping up certain special-fx in their gaff, understandably

this is whats kept me from the new Star Wars......

round my Ma's for sunday dinner earlier and to keep her chipper watched, or is that grimaced, through Love Actually. Pre-recession Britain. You know, the kind that would never have robbed & raped & pillaged its way round the globe. Jesus wept, even Sir Alan of Rickman couldnt pull off the supposed gags. Or was that gagging. Yes its easy to critique twee humour for ladies, but wtf. Which world did these cunts actually live in? Even Cinderella had to get home b4 the spells wore off. Cunt after cunt after Hugh Grant after all the self congratulatory bollix. Utter twats chasing summat like junkies on heat. The same kind of Britain depicted in 4 Weddings & Funeral. Privileged cunts doing privileged things, and hugging every cunt every fkn time (i thought the English were more stoic than this?). Oh well. My own fault for suggesting the tv be truned off. Rockin dinner doe.

1 positive and sexist thing i did realize was that Emma Thompson would surely be a banging shag. Nevermind all those fake weaves/tits/tans, i reckon she'd grind the life out of you in the best way. Here i am Em, do what you feel......

The revenant - outstanding film, best I've seen in many years. Music is wonderful, cinematography outstanding (Roger Deakins of course), acting top notch, and brilliantly directed.

Also saw Sicario at weekend, very good.

Star wars pretty good, a good homage to the originals nothing else.

Edited by caze

Over the weekend I also watched Ace in the Hole (great, a classic) and Champion (mildly diverting boxing picture) in honour of Kirk Douglas, who turned 99 the other week.

Edited by caze

double indemnity - awesome. quite a straight-forward story for a classic noir and it benefits for it. great writing, acting and directing.

Hell yes, been rewatching some Billy Wilder recently, man was a genius.