Pretty heavy doc on Golden Gate Bridge suicide jumpers. It appears that they filmed the bridge for a year, captured the jumps and then followed up with families and witnesses. If you can stand 140p and feelings of great dismay, here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryV4rhYdc9I

I've seen that before, really depressing. Seeing anyone try to take their own life is heart breaking.

I tried to watch one called The Falling Man about the image from WTC on 9/11 and I had to stop it mid way.

048e0f05901672c2205a6eeafa69b4be.jpg

classic film. everything about this film is perfect- especially the script written by ray bradbury. 10/10 gregory peck's

Never seen this! Welles and Bradbury symbiotically sucking at each other's creative teets for nearly two hours. A must see.

Reading WIRED Mag today with JJ.. The guy is carrying a burden. He's a special man. To take a this on and not fuck it up would be an achievement.

Creep 8/10 - Mark Duplass will tear your soul apart

LOL the sequel no one asked for. Btw Will Smith is dead in this movie.

I remember like 6 months after Independence Day came out there were already rumors of sequels being planned. It sure took them a while to figure out that this would be the best worst idea ever. Buy hey, Goldblum is back.

Finders Keepers - it was decent, I liked the vibe. I kept thinking it reminded me of the King of Kong, turns out it's by the same director. Dunno, 6/10 definitely watchable, but nothing of real substance.

What's Holy River?

Edited by Gocab

Finders Keepers - it was decent, I liked the vibe. I kept thinking it reminded me of the King of Kong, turns out it's by the same director. Dunno, 6/10 definitely watchable, but nothing of real substance.

What's Holy River?

Oh shit, I meant Lost River. It was so bad I mistyped the title.

Creep 8/10 - Mark Duplass will tear your soul apart

What, more found footage wank, where someone strays daftly into harm's way, even though he's given every chance to gtfo way b4 the finale?

2/10 @ best if only for the constant pantomime of "he's behind you AND crazy" bollix. Sick of this genre - trying to staple shit stories and shit footage together, Blair Witch is what, 15+years ago? I can only assume you were drunk with or w/out pizza &/or incredibly stoned.

#snotty-tone ;)

The Night of the Hunter (1955 and Charles Laughton's only filem as director apparently) - Robert Mitchum does evil as fuck in both subtle and graphic pauses, chasing 2 nippers who know all about his scheming after a buried inheritance. The scene along the river with the 2 kids in the boat as all the little animals observe them from the riverbank is 1 of cinema's greatest achievements in depicting the true innocence of childhood.

11/10 - gets the Spinal Tap 11 treatment for Mitchum's performance alone...

1380682467265089.jpg

Creep was a decent watch. With found-footage you have to suspend your disbelief a bit more than usual - even for horror - and this was a prime example of that. It sounds like you already had your mind made up before you went in, cwmbrancity. It got very silly, but I think it was intentionally funny at times, the bathtub scene established that pretty clearly I thought, and Duplass was just really watchable and intense which turned out to be enough for me and probably a lot of other people. 3/5

mark duplass playing mark duplass, boring and nagging...

it's not just him, all these actors that lately come from sitcoms and comedy shows, they can't act, they simply play themselves... what turns out sometimes is that i actually like them and have good times watching them playing themselves.... but this mark duplass dude is just meh...

Oh shit, I meant Lost River. It was so bad I mistyped the title.

what? ryan wrote and directed a movie?

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

Amy doc was really good, didn't really know anything about her. But I liked Montage of Heck more. They may be my two favorite movies of the year along with Going Clear and I've never been much of a doc guy. Curious what everyone's favorite movies/films/digitals released this year are. I'll circle back to this with my tops after seeing a few more in the next couple weeks.

what? ryan wrote and directed a movie?

ya. I couldn't even make it to the end.

i made it!!! :doge:

the movie didn't really made me feel what it was obviously aiming for... which in this case is frustrating because you get the impression it's not really working, but i don't know, i might be biased, the movie is highly influenced by what i consider to be some of my favorite stuff in cinema so, it fell a bit like a fail?

really nice photography here and there, some nice acting and tense wtf scenes, but i couldn't get rid of an enormous contrived feeling all the way...