The Revenant - IDM Beards/10 - Fairly entertaining, but highly fictionalized from the actual events. Beautiful cinematography and score from Alva Noto, but it was overly long and could have been cut by 10-15 minutes. A long movie does not an epic make. Leo's hair was a character unto itself, and I didn't even recognize Lucas Haas.

does anyone on watmm not like blade runner?

me

get out scum

no I'm kidding. it seems to be the most universally loved film on watmm, was curious.

the problem I've had it recently is the flying cars .... I'm not expecting to see them very soon ...

post-19649-0-19559100-1452295448_thumb.jpg

Hateful 8, Tarantino keeps on getting worse innit 3/10

Seriously, watch the great silence instead of this junk.

Edited by Gocab

Knock Knock (2015) - you are an architect and a former DJ who still can do harmonic mixing on the fly, you are putting finishing touches on your project in your beautiful home while your wife and kids are away ... then you hear knock knock and there are two (kind of hot ...) girls outside, lost and with dead phones - should you be a good, hospitable person and try to to help them or should you just let the little sluts rot in the rain outside? watch this movie and find out!

hard to watch but couple of excellent jokes will lift your spirits in the end. '

as companion piece to Knock Knock, i watched Hard Candy .... almost had to quit very early in the movie but I'm glad that I persisted ... a thought provoking movie with some out there dark humour that lighten up the mood .. still hard to recommend this as a movie to see on your first date with a nice girl ....

Carrying on your lolita theme - try The Babysitter, Wild Things, Boxing Helena and both Lolita's.

just saw The Babysitter - made 20 years ago .... the main actress the babysitter was Alicia Silverstone who's the daughter of the singer of aerosmith, and her father was a co-producer of the movie if I'm not mistaken ... when I saw the credits I start to wonder if even a rock singer with a reputation of being or having been a depraved junkie would have his daugher to play a psycho bitch or a dirty sick slut .... but she was a good girl who just happened to be an object of male desires ... the movie interestingly was showing the desires in the fantasy sequences all the time ... usually teh fantasy sequences were triggered by the surroundings, what was present but not always, it looked like once there was even an shared fantasy and once the fantasy was flowing in to real events in another place ... making it a non realist account ... it didn't resolve as clearly distinct reality and personal, subjective individual psychological thing .... there was no evil sick people in it, the escalation of the drama wasn't maybe set up convincingly but I'd say it was quite allright movie ....

I'd actually kinda like to agree because the man is an idiot, but his last two films have been his best (discounting hateful 8 because I haven't seen it yet).

forgot to mention how bad the timestretched dialogue was in the slomo scenes for h8ful

I'm preeeeeetty sure that was intentional

really?

i mean it sounded so cheap and digital which seems to go against the authentic filmic notions of shooting in 70mm (and his aesthetic in general). just sloooooow iiiiiittttt doooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwnnnnnnn

I'd actually kinda like to agree because the man is an idiot, but his last two films have been his best (discounting hateful 8 because I haven't seen it yet).
Cristoph Waltz was just about the only good thing in those two films. He's not in this one.

Spectre, mehish with good parts. Good opening sequence followed by the worst title sequence/song combo in Bond history. Really dragged in between the action bits, which were pretty good, except the car chase - which was incredibly boring. Waltz was good, though the escape from his lair was a bit too easy and uneventful, the end bit was quite good though. A lot more Bond-like than the previous one, which had started off well but was crap for the final third.

Knock Knock (2015) - you are an architect and a former DJ who still can do harmonic mixing on the fly, you are putting finishing touches on your project in your beautiful home while your wife and kids are away ... then you hear knock knock and there are two (kind of hot ...) girls outside, lost and with dead phones - should you be a good, hospitable person and try to to help them or should you just let the little sluts rot in the rain outside? watch this movie and find out!

hard to watch but couple of excellent jokes will lift your spirits in the end. '

as companion piece to Knock Knock, i watched Hard Candy .... almost had to quit very early in the movie but I'm glad that I persisted ... a thought provoking movie with some out there dark humour that lighten up the mood .. still hard to recommend this as a movie to see on your first date with a nice girl ....

Carrying on your lolita theme - try The Babysitter, Wild Things, Boxing Helena and both Lolita's.

just saw The Babysitter - made 20 years ago .... the main actress the babysitter was Alicia Silverstone who's the daughter of the singer of aerosmith, and her father was a co-producer of the movie if I'm not mistaken ... when I saw the credits I start to wonder if even a rock singer with a reputation of being or having been a depraved junkie would have his daugher to play a psycho bitch or a dirty sick slut .... but she was a good girl who just happened to be an object of male desires ... the movie interestingly was showing the desires in the fantasy sequences all the time ... usually teh fantasy sequences were triggered by the surroundings, what was present but not always, it looked like once there was even an shared fantasy and once the fantasy was flowing in to real events in another place ... making it a non realist account ... it didn't resolve as clearly distinct reality and personal, subjective individual psychological thing .... there was no evil sick people in it, the escalation of the drama wasn't maybe set up convincingly but I'd say it was quite allright movie ....

You got the girls mixed up, that's Liv Tyler. Alicia Silverstone was the other girl in Aerosmith's "Crazy" video, alongside Liv.

I saw The Martian - I really liked it, I though it was really well made. A really entertaining watch!

Liv Tyler is Steven Tyler's daughter, the other chick from the Aerosmith videos lol

Liv Tyler is Steven Tyler's daughter, the other chick from the Aerosmith videos lol

sorry, I managed to get it all mixed up ...Tyler Perry, Steven Tyler, Steve Perry ... the producer was actually the last one, not related .... it was the Aerosmith video that I was thinking and that got me off tangents ... BTW, is there any music more nauseating than 90's "power ballads"?

it did have tim roth doing his best christoph waltz

i did get the feeling the part was initially written for waltz. disturbingly so. totally ruined my emersion. just like tarantinos voice overs, btw. wtf was he thinking!?

after watching h8ful eight i did watch reservoir dogs again, and i must say, even though i still prefer reservoir, tarantino did improve his filmmaking over the years. but i'm not sure whether his writing improved. h8tful was better on almost all points, except the most important: the dialogues/monologues. i prefer reservoirs bullshit dialogues over any from h8tful.

Yeah, there was a lot of trademark Tarantino dialogue, but none if it was particularly well written or interesting.

Picnic at hanging rock

Was expecting a lil' more than I got from this, but perhaps thats more my problem than the films - much respect to it, but just didn't hit me in the right spot

maybe a rewatch sometime/10

Maze Runner - 10/10

I watched this, without any foreknowledge whatsoever - which is exceptional for me, but actually interesting, and I need to do it more often - I was wondering, what is this a "Lord of the Flies" variant?, but then I realized it was a "boys' adventure" , but it didn't feel childish, like Star Wars for instance and the lack of "mature content" didn't bother me at all ... I liked it.

cure (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0123948) - a most excellent lynchian headfuck psych-thriller, i loved how it made japan look all eastern european, decayed and depressing. the sound design and the camerawork are very impressive too. i couldn't make any sense of it but it was very engrossing.

This thread is great for entering a random page number then finding a recommended film. This film is on youtube (HDRIP) and is about to be watched. Thanks for the recommendation.

Crimson Peak - boring and predictable. Set design, acting, music everything is so over the top it just shatters any suspense, emotional response, immersion. You just end up looking at this flamboyant goth carnival, hoping it will end soon. If you're a thirteen year old goth girl I guess it works. I'm not. Neckbeard/10

Edited by Gocab