Wow.

Hyper hyper

That's one hell of a trailer.

Edited by Gocab

Finally watched Requiem for a Dream: Great film. Great acting, especially the mom, and a little sad, but really predictable, tho I didn't expected it to be deep (actually I did, but I dunno, there's something that bugs me about Aronofsky films). 8.8/10

Also, I hate the theme song.

Edited by logakght

saw Joy the other night. I liked it. was better than American Hustle but not as good as I Heart Huckabees (my favourite film of his). this is the best I've seen Jennifer Lawrence as well. haven't really been a fan but I guess I am now. supporting cast/roles were great too.

Knock Knock (2015) - you are an architect and a former DJ who still can do harmonic mixing on the fly, you are putting finishing touches on your project in your beautiful home while your wife and kids are away ... then you hear knock knock and there are two (kind of hot ...) girls outside, lost and with dead phones - should you be a good, hospitable person and try to to help them or should you just let the little sluts rot in the rain outside? watch this movie and find out!

hard to watch but couple of excellent jokes will lift your spirits in the end. '

as companion piece to Knock Knock, i watched Hard Candy .... almost had to quit very early in the movie but I'm glad that I persisted ... a thought provoking movie with some out there dark humour that lighten up the mood .. still hard to recommend this as a movie to see on your first date with a nice girl ....

Carrying on your lolita theme - try The Babysitter, Wild Things, Boxing Helena and both Lolita's.

Carrying on your lolita theme - try The Babysitter, Wild Things, Boxing Helena and both Lolita's.

heh it's more like I endured instead of enjoyed Knock knock, and Hard Candy ... and Lolita is the only Kubrick movie I haven't seen and probably will rather rewatch his other films or that 's how it feels now ...

Wild Things is movie that I tried to recall in an another thread where neo noir recommendations were asked .... thanks for reminding me - I had a vague feeling that it was a movie starring maybe a Baldwin and it had two psycho bitches destroying man's life .... it would have been a hard task to google it on that basis ... there is difference between a classy femme fatale and a psycho bitch and having had too much of the latter IRL I nowadays prefer the old stuff as an escapist entertainment.

going from the name I guess the Babysitter might be similar to Hand that rocks the cradle - I thought that was ok, so maybe I'll try the Babysitter - the movie I mean

hateful 8 in 70mm. fell asleep like 10 times before the intermission (had a short nite and log day prior). managed to stay awake once the violence started. maybe my least favorite tarantino? the atlanta 70mm presentation was a fucking joke. talked to one of my old coworkers and he said they just trucked in some ancient 70mm projector w/o doing any refurbishment. it jumped horribly and was slightly out of focus. it was also on one of the smallest screens in the theatre. would've been pissed if i paid a premium to watch it.

got a commemorative slice of 3 frames in 70mm tho woohoo!

does anyone on watmm not like blade runner?

me

i thought it looked great. especially for its time but found the movie to be a bit zzzzzzzz

I think that's the general consensus, isn't it

The film looks and feels fantastic but the actual story could've easily been told in half an hour

does anyone on watmm not like blade runner?

me
get out scum

no I'm kidding. it seems to be the most universally loved film on watmm, was curious.

I liked h8ful a lot, twas a brilliantly well written mystery, I just wonder if the inherent Tarantinoinisms detract a little. The story and characers were well fleshed out and engaging, QT just like to put his stamp on it regardless, perhaps to it's detriment. Also, I would have loved to have seen Tim Spall play Oswadlo Mowbray.