When I worked in a bookshop Louis Theroux asked me where something was and didn't say thanks when I told him. It still hurts.

"Ordet", that Dreyer film from 1955. Didn't like it at first but was almost hypnotized after 45 minutes or so. Perhaps I should give "Passion of Joan of Arc" another chance but I doubt it'll top this one. Best regards, old fart.

Lights Out - jump scares/10

I'm a sucker for horror movies even though none of them are ever actually any good. But if they're effective in what they set out to do then I'm sold.

This one had it all: poor acting and tons of jump scares. And that's pretty much all they need.

I just watched Triple 9. this movie had a lot of promise and I'm a fan of quite a few involved in this film but in the end, especially in the last third, I couldn't shake the nagging feeling that they must've spent more on their outrageously star-studded lineup - like seriously too much for one film - than resolving the actual plot in an interesting way. the ending was especially meh. quite rough around the edges and unfinished. still worth one watch though, and still a cut above your average flick.

Alien Nation

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094631

"buddy cop" goes alien..rererewatchtchtch...semi-cheese late 80s spoof but quite likeable

sam francisco

:emotawesomepm9:

great film, never realised Mandy Patinkin played the alien. I liked that the aliens loved gone off milk for some reason.

remember the tv version?

remember the tv version?

nah, never saw the series and/or the tv movies..must have a look at my local global streams&rips emporium

Edited by iococoi

Blair Witch 2016

Orificial Trailer *drops pants*

I don't intend to watch this again but was the scary bit at the end flying tents?

is there anything at all worthwhile in theatres right now...?

worst summer hole ever imo.

(missed out on Green Room.. not playing anymore)

Guest bitroast

have been working thru Red Letter Media's bandcamp page recently, syncing it with the films (sometimes the films sync perfectly ... Masters of the universe for example was a different version to mine and jumped in and out of sync all over the place).

it's essentially a live audio commentary over the films with the RLM guys just talking shit over it. has the air of a casual twitch stream to it .. or its a wee bit like MST3k i guess ?

probably recommending this only for the RLM fans who may have overlooked it.

https://redlettermedia.bandcamp.com/audio