Mirrors - what the fuck am I doing with my life/10

hahahaha, I've got that in a folder of films to watch somewhere. I put it off every time I browse in there.

It was on Netflix so my girlfriend and I thought "fuckit" and put it on. I regret it. I need a good horror movie.

If you find one let me know, watched A Lonely Place To Die, it closed Frightfest film festival but isn't a horror at all, just Deliverance without the hilarious rape.

The Other Side Of The Door isn't good and is probably a bit racist but has a couple of fun jump scares.

There's a Belgian film you might be interested in then... It's not horror either but it's kinda fucked.

Calvaire

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407621/

I'm a big fan of Calvaire, two friends went to a ghastly nightclub in Magaluf and recreated the dance the locals in the pub do.

Mirrors - what the fuck am I doing with my life/10

hahahaha, I've got that in a folder of films to watch somewhere. I put it off every time I browse in there.

It was on Netflix so my girlfriend and I thought "fuckit" and put it on. I regret it. I need a good horror movie.

If you find one let me know, watched A Lonely Place To Die, it closed Frightfest film festival but isn't a horror at all, just Deliverance without the hilarious rape.

The Other Side Of The Door isn't good and is probably a bit racist but has a couple of fun jump scares.

There's a Belgian film you might be interested in then... It's not horror either but it's kinda fucked.

Calvaire

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407621/

Will check that Squee.

Have you watched Clown?

The American horror film, not the comedy.

It surprised me in how entertaining it is and has some laughs.

Nothing really scares me now except the news.

Dug out a bunch of old DVDs for 2nd nightshift, from back when I used to order loads of ultra low budget horror films.

Currently watching Ice From The Sun (1999)

Amazingly terrible, and what a synopsis:

An alternate reality encased in ice, a woman who is turned into a dimension-hopping assassin, and a wizard's apprentice who is so evil he is a common enemy to the angels in heaven and the devils in hell.

I might have to send this to RLM for Best of the Worst

Yeah, i'm finding some Hooper gems on there. 'Eaten Alive' and 'Lifeforce' have been on i think...and they say Hooper lost his touch in the 80's. The acting and writing isn't as good as he used to do it but he still has his creativity and creatures. Best film i've seen on horror channel though is Henlotter's Frankenhooker.

finally saw the room: tommywiseau/10

Good, right?

indeed. it's so horribly bad in such interesting ways that i have a hard time believing it was intentional. both me and the wife enjoyed it way more than we thought we would

watched bvs extra long super edition. don't get all the hate. i mean, sure, it's not a good movie, but it's basically like a darker avengers where they shoehorn too many stupid plot points into a single film.

TerrorVision

Oh lordie - what a gem! If you like the shlock, this boy packs it hard! Has all the tropes of a b-movie - yet the acting, special effects, story are all top quality. Big budget stuff (for a movie of this standard) Somehow this gets 0% on rottentomatoes but boy is it a goodie! Highly recommended...and guess what, it's on youtube in 1080! huzzah!

body morphing swingers/10

green room

a little weird watching a movie about kids so invested in hardcore punk. that shit is dead guys, it's not the 80s anymore. anton was channeling hudson from aliens, was expecting him to say "game over maaaan" at some point. deece movie for about half its run time, then it lapsed into some absurdly dumb horror stuff and never recovered.

I watched two films by Canadian director Villeneuf , Enemy and Prisoners, both were very good and both had strikingly excellent endings.

I saw the Prisoners first ... I didn't know what expect, it seemed very naturalistic, and real, events seemed to be random and disconnected like in real life, but then pieces start to fall in their places ... I had become emotionally involved to the extent that I started to think oh shit are they going to go for "dark, pessimistic" ending, I'd rather take a cheesy happy end instead .... but it was just perfect!

Enemy apparently has confused some viewers, but there is rather simple "Freudian" reading that fits like a glove ...

the truth maybe hard to accept, because it can be seen as "misogynic" and non-PC ...

In Freudian dream analysis, the Spider represents the Devouring Mother,

and there is this thing about marriage ....

Edited by Dorian Mode

Watched Grave Encounters because I was desperate for a decent horror flick and some reviewers gave it above average reviews. Don't make the same mistake, absolute garbage. 1/10

the way it portrayed how the skinheads were trying to deal with this ordeal was interesting and unorthodox. felt weird and disturbing at the same time, kinda the feels you would get by watching some anthropological docu about some fucked up tribe or something. they were not like typical criminals trying to tidy up things, there was some actual sense of a different culture and this fascist discipline, yet corrupted to the core. but yeah, besides that there wasn't much to it, just a typical slasher who thinks itself original by throwing in unpredictable deaths/gores, which by itself becomes predictable very quick. and the dialogue of the punksters wasn't interesting at all and took a lot of the screen time in the second half.