IGNORED

Midlife crisis

kakapo

Penis incompatibility.

Edit: I should say gristly thighs pushing my testicles forward equals penis/skinny jean incompatibility

Edited by kakapo

yeah, i'd have no hope. Why weren't the fashionable when i was a young waif. (oh that's right cause i prefered more roomy options, skate trousers and the like anyway.).

If you just buy them like one size too large or find the right brand you won't have issues with your balls anymore than with a regular fit. If you have an enormous cock you should just flaunt it in my opinion.

If it's any consolation, I'm approaching 30 and haven't yet ever gone on a date before. Not sure if that's good or bad.

how is that possible do you look like george rr martin ?

i ain't on the market either. can't be bothered. So if you're wondering amber, 10 years later, you still won't feel regret. heh. It seems like a parallel human reality, this partnering up thing. Something i don't understand nor have any desire to find out about.

Should have posted this in first world successes.

My main worry is that I haven't got off to the best of starts in my career and time is ticking. I've got some experience but I wouldn't say I'm competent enough to carry out certain jobs. I worry that by 30 I still might be in the same situation, no solid career path and if the teaching thing fails, I'm sat on my arse again, with little worth in the bank and the pressure of fulfilling my way of thinking, huge.

My futureproof plan if everything fails is to drop everything, flee to China and give my life to the Shaolin Monastery. To cleanse this filthy western bod.

Maybe I worry too much, so I'm not sure if this fits into this thread particularly. I'm sorry in advance. I guess it could be seen as a pre-midlife crisis. Perhaps?

I can recognize a lot of what you're saying. Having "serious talks" with my S.O, when I'm still working on the foundations for that kind of thing and probably will be for some time, is scary as shit.

What I wanted to say was that it's all pretty normal when this kind of thing comes around, and the worries start piling up, because the freedom of being young is still palpable and conflicts with this new reality of long-term concerns. But there's a very fine line between accepting that you can't do magic, and doing everything you can to improve your situation. You have to make sure that you don't get your head overstressed over impossibilities, while you aren't totally giving up and still doing your best.

In my experience, the most important thing I've learnt is that it's getting very old-fashioned to do one career for the rest of your life and kind of slowly climb up that ladder to have a "safe spot". Today, it's normal to switch between different areas of a field, and switch career paths depending on the job market.

Other than that, most of the time you really don't have much of a choice except to be wise and frugal with money, but the good thing is that it really makes a difference.

Anyway, the thing I really wanted to comment on is these monastery ideas, which are so fascinating because I see them in a lot of people our age (I'm 25). It's like there's a stress kill switch in the back of our heads, that "if everything fails I'll devote myself to either a monastic life or become a hermit in nature". I have a lot of contact with monks and people with monastery experience, and have practiced in centers that aren't monastic but somewhat representative of those paths.

The thing is that I get the impression that most people who are entertaining that idea have no clue how difficult and painful it really is. It's an extremely harsh environment, easy to glorify but it's foolish to concieve of it as an escape from "hard times". It's much, much easier to have a difficult life in society, the kind that you would want to escape from. The kind of freedom that comes with a monastic life doesn't come overnight. How are you going to deal with the pain of putting absolutely everything you've ever known and loved behind you? So it's like people imagine that if their life doesn't go the way they planned (which it never does), they still have a failsafe plan, but fail to grasp that the only kind of "zen" you're going to find is the one you take with you, and if your psyche is already in a chaotic state when you are still having all kinds of needs met, it is going to be pure hell in a monastery situation.

The important thing I've learnt from my correspondences, and from my own experiences, is that there isn't some "somewhere else" where you can easily learn to do this, because we take our mind with us wherever we go. If you want some peace of mind you have to learn to do it with this body, this situation, these difficulties. After that, you can start thinking about going off somewhere else.

getting desperate, could date some trashy women, but im terrified of gettting someone pregnant, and you know its always those trashy girls.

i don't want the regular middle class ideal. you know, wife, kids, house, good job, 2 cars. fuck off. i doubt i'll get married, i doubt i'll ever have (or want) kids. i have no desire to own a house. but i do want to find someone to spend a great deal of time with, some one i love. pretty sure i know who it is but it's a stupid situation right now.

but my life is great.

I know a guy who wears skinning jeans and his wife complained to my sister about his huge dick

Edited by marf

i don't want the regular middle class ideal. you know, wife, kids, house, good job, 2 cars. fuck off. i doubt i'll get married, i doubt i'll ever have (or want) kids. i have no desire to own a house. but i do want to find someone to spend a great deal of time with, some one i love. pretty sure i know who it is but it's a stupid situation right now.

but my life is great.

High fucking five!

• 2 months later...

Just bought six pairs of Calvin Klein underwear, and have my eye on some overdesigned Nikes. Appear to be reliving my 90s in sequence. Thinking about buying an audi tt and going to speed garage nights and getting a tribal tattoo and a girlfriend called Sharmelle.

That sounds quite a lot like she male. Freudian slip.