44 minutes ago, cern said:

Must been 15 years since I saw Twin Peaks. 
I had forgotten almost everything but Twin Peaks is like the wholy grail of series.. The best ever!

I don't know why but this is the scene I never forget.. It is pure genius I think.

Lynch little son doing magic:

This is Lynch's son now. Feel old yet?

_methode_times_prodmigration_web_bin_ee0e365b-6505-31db-889a-2e720628eb5a.jpg

• Haha 8

5 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

song from this scene👇

ah yeah i figured as much googling the link, forgot to add.. thanks tho 🙂 fantastic bit, god I want more twin peaks in my life.. on that note, there was some speculation with this image this week:

photo_2023-09-11_11-55-07.thumb.jpg.8de5933f0d6fbd93cae087081bcf3c2c.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Can not stop think about Twin Peaks. 

I watched the whole serie 2 months ago then I watched Twin Perfects 4 hour explanation video on Youtube and it just blow my mind like almost nothing else.
Total genius! 

The genius himself in action

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cern said:

Can not stop think about Twin Peaks. 

I watched the whole serie 2 months ago then I watched Twin Perfects 4 hour explanation video on Youtube and it just blow my mind like almost nothing else.
Total genius! 

The genius himself in action

Aw yeah, welcome to the club of what comes first, season 4, lynch dying or the inevitable heat death of the universe (lynch lives in this scenario) :sorcerer:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oscillik said:

Season 4 ain't happening.

I don't need a Season 4 but a grande finale Ultimate Twin Peaks Movie would be amazing! 

But Im afraid time is running out.. Everyone start to get too old now! Log-Lady died 2017 😪

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

“I’m writing the script for Dune II. Dune II is totally Dune Messiah, with variations on the theme. ... Dune Messiah is a very short book, and a lot of people don’t like it, but in there are some really nifty ideas. I’m real excited about that, and I think it could make a really good film. It starts 12 years later, and this creates a whole new set of problems. ... It should have a different mood. … It should be 12 strange years later.”David Lynch, Starburst #78 (January 1985)

• Like 1

It’s been 40 years since David Lynch’s Dune first brought Frank Herbert’s 1965 novel to the silver screen, and to mark the occasion, the epic space opera will return to theaters once again. Presented by Fathom Events, the two-day 40th anniversary celebration will land on February 18th and 19th, with many theaters across the country offering a number of showtimes. Tickets for the event are on-sale now

Dune-furyosa-2.jpg

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/dune-40th-anniversary/

• Like 2

Why are people so concerned with the meaning behind the art ? Shouldn't the things you felt be the only thing that mattered?

Like after listening to some instrumental music do you care about a meaning ? I feel like in music we only really care about the feeling why is that so different with visual art?

• Like 2
  • Big Brain 1

1 hour ago, Wunderbar said:

Why are people so concerned with the meaning behind the art ? Shouldn't the things you felt be the only thing that mattered?

Like after listening to some instrumental music do you care about a meaning ? I feel like in music we only really care about the feeling why is that so different with visual art?

The things you felt are the meaning (or part of it I would guess).

This is an interesting question, though. Music on its own does not have any explicit images that are present, only images in one's mind if they happen to have a visual memory or are good with visualization mentally. We recognize the images in visual art (or attempt to understand what they might mean), and there is also (in the case of film or television, or anything that pairs images with a soundtrack) explicit language where we can understand the words. We are encountering different kinds of information in each case (music vs. visual art). One has information for the ear and body (if listening to music on a quality sound system), and the other has information for the eyes added. There are probably also rare cases with people who have synesthesia where the matter is not so simple as this.

In the case of Twin Peaks or other Lynch work, him and his team who help with audio and post-production, it seems like they pay very careful attention to the sound and this helps communicate the dream-like quality of the imagery. To be honest, though, I do not really know the answer to this question. I also have never really delved too deeply into biology or evolution or evolutionary psychology, but I wonder if the ways that our organs for hearing and seeing, how they evolved over time, might be one perspective to help shed light on these questions.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1