IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Guest cult fiction

This listening party thing is their new leak-prevention-stunt, it seems ... I very much doubt Cologne is the only place this is happening. Maybe they throwing one of these at all places they've got a "trusted Warp employee" at.

I asked him where and how exactly this is going down, he still hasn't replied.

I think he made the right call, I probably would have refused myself, due to factors stated by Bertold Brechtakt.. wouldn't wanna hear the album in such conditions.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the odds of there having been a number of listening parties already? We would have known, right? Where o where is pixelives these days. Since his 1st april f#ckup he's been awfully silent. :(

lol, o00o, this whole story is so absurd, I wouldn't believe it myself. I can not confirm the Cologne-location, I just assumed it's there because he was offered the thing only today and he's from that area.

Couldn't imagine the magazine to offer him a 100€ ticket and a 4-hour-ride to Berlin on the fly like that.

To Cologne's defense: The only Autechre-Show I attended was at Cologne.

I think we're overblowing the proportions of this "listening party" - it's probably just some brightly lit room with one Warp-Employee pushing play for a bunch of unenthusiastic journalists seated in camping-chairs trying to figure out how to get a free snickers off the snack-bar without having someone else take their seat.

So the Cologne-location was indeed correct. But I don't know much other than that. Gotta wait a few days.

Apparently all guests had to sign something to make sure they won't write anything about it prior to a certain date. I don't know whether I'll get anything at all.

But the location should be confirmed at some point, so at least I won't be looked upon as a liar! :tongue:

So the Cologne-location was indeed correct. But I don't know much other than that. Gotta wait a few days.

Apparently all guests had to sign something to make sure they won't write anything about it prior to a certain date. I don't know whether I'll get anything at all.

But the location should be confirmed at some point, so at least I won't be looked upon as a liar! :tongue:

I reckon anything written about it won't surface until WARP decides to release the digital files (which I'm hoping will be around the Japanese T'sH release or sooner).

lol, o00o, this whole story is so absurd, I wouldn't believe it myself. I can not confirm the Cologne-location, I just assumed it's there because he was offered the thing only today and he's from that area.

Couldn't imagine the magazine to offer him a 100€ ticket and a 4-hour-ride to Berlin on the fly like that.

To Cologne's defense: The only Autechre-Show I attended was at Cologne.

I think we're overblowing the proportions of this "listening party" - it's probably just some brightly lit room with one Warp-Employee pushing play for a bunch of unenthusiastic journalists seated in camping-chairs trying to figure out how to get a free snickers off the snack-bar without having someone else take their seat.

Well, the BoC listening parties for Geogaddi were replete with projections, etc. and set in churches, so hardly a small affair, and that was only after a 4 year hiatus (not counting IABPOITC prior to that).

The 'tone' of the album would be nice to know - I'm guessing dark, more Geogaddi-like.

Really unsure what to expect of this album. In some ways I would be disappointed if they greatly changed their style and it was a lot more droney. But it's been so long since they released anything that they can't really win. If it's in similar style to their older works, people will ask why they haven't moved on and if it's vastly different the diehard fans may not take to it.

I'm not even sure what I'm saying. I bet it'll be fucking magic whatever style it's in

Well, the BoC listening parties for Geogaddi were replete with projections, etc. and set in churches, so hardly a small affair, and that was only after a 4 year hiatus (not counting IABPOITC prior to that).

The 'tone' of the album would be nice to know - I'm guessing dark, more Geogaddi-like.

True, but were the Geogaddi-parties for press only? This seems pretty much just like a necessary leak-preventage to me so far.

About it being potentially a dark release: Track-titles certainly suggest so ... while I didn't like them at first, it's actually interesting how much impact a title like "Sick Times" has when it comes from BoC. You'd expect another "1963 Sunset Drive" or "Lilac Shepherd" from them, not something so downright... threatening? Well, thinking about it, Lilac Shepherd is a great title for something odd.

edit: Lilac Shepherd actually exists ... damn.

Wasn't there multiple Geogaddi listening parties in churches both in the US and overseas?

I don't think they were all in churches. I remember one being in a hip lounge at a performing arts center in NY or something like that. And didn't someone say they were serving brownies?

edit: from boc pages

London: Union Chapel, Islington (30 January 2002)

New York City: Angel Orensanz Foundation Center for the Arts (30 January 2002)
Tokyo
Edinburgh: St. Johns church (28 January 2002)
Berlin: Roter Salon, Volksbühne (30 January 2002) [3] [4]
Paris

lol, leak preventage.

you can't prevent a leak unless you intentionally release it early.

Of course you can.. .Give it to nobody before the release date then hey presto no leak

Guest dylanmcknd

I never would've thought they would do another listening party. But then again, I never would've thought they would've done the cryptic number shit at this point either.

lol, leak preventage.

you can't prevent a leak unless you intentionally release it early.

Of course you can.. .Give it to nobody before the release date then hey presto no leak

ahh so we're never getting a new BoC release then? awesome!

don’t get what you mean? What I was saying was if they released it without giving out any promos what so ever, no listening parties nothing there would be no leaks. That’s common sense no?

Like if at the end of all the weird promo shit they had literally just released the new album there would have been no leaks.. Personally think that’s what they should have done..

don’t get what you mean? What I was saying was if they released it without giving out any promos what so ever, no listening parties nothing there would be no leaks. That’s common sense no?

Like if at the end of all the weird promo shit they had literally just released the new album there would have been no leaks.. Personally think that’s what they should have done..

nope it's not common sense.

almost all leaks happen at the manufacturing stage.

if they had released the digital files straight after that promo campaign with physical to follow how would that have leaked? Did MBV's new album leak? did it fuck... leaks are not inevitable

Archived