IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Guest cult fiction

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait for the audiophiles to slow down Bleep's servers with their 24 bit WAV downloads while other people will simply want the MP3/FLAC files once the album is available for download.

what a lovely WATMM-like jaded opinion!

completely disregarding the fact that just the traffic to Bleep for pre-ordering a physical product alone brought Bleep.com and Warp.net to their knees, you seem to disavow the very likely scenario that the sheer amount of traffic of patrons who just want MP3/FLAC files would cause the exact same issue.

lol as if they would host the flacs on their normal webspace. if rephlex makes use of AWS bleep will so too. They tried to buffer the traffic with clouldflare when the latest boc release launched but failed as it was not properly installed

I can't wait for the audiophiles to slow down Bleep's servers with their 24 bit WAV downloads while other people will simply want the MP3/FLAC files once the album is available for download.

completely disregarding the fact that just the traffic to Bleep for pre-ordering a physical product alone brought Bleep.com and Warp.net to their knees, you seem to disavow the very likely scenario that the sheer amount of traffic of patrons who just want MP3/FLAC files would cause the exact same issue.

lol as if they would host the flacs on their normal webspace. if rephlex makes use of AWS bleep will so too. They tried to buffer the traffic with clouldflare when the latest boc release launched but failed as it was not properly installed

the release of Exai was a painfully slow download. yes it was using amazon. it was still slow due to being hammered.

the release of Exai was a painfully slow download. yes it was using amazon. it was still slow due to being hammered.

then it was not scaled up properly. Its a cloud network - you can go as big as you want with a few clicks and scale it down again when the traffic is back to normal.

then it was not scaled up properly. Its a cloud network - you can go as big as you want with a few clicks and scale it down again when the traffic is back to normal.

okay. now go tell Warp? because i guarantee exactly the same shit will happen when Tomorrow's Harvest is released, just like it has with every major Warp release.

okay. now go tell Warp? because i guarantee exactly the same shit will happen when Tomorrow's Harvest is released, just like it has with every major Warp release.

try I guess its more a lack of profession than knowledge

LOL

I miss him. We could need a couple extra shit-stirrers! =D

Who elusive4 ? He's still here ...

He should post more. ;D

try I guess its more a lack of profession than knowledge

I think it's really a case of companies not wanting to spend money. This shit happens all the time with everything - games, music, movies. Companies figure the cost of paying for some cloud scaled option and then just decide 'Fuck it', because they know people will keep coming back until they get what they want.

So they get a little heat and grumpy people like me who can't get 24bit WAV files quick enough. It doesn't matter to them. They put up with the complaints because it sure beats paying for some service they're going to need for about forty-eight hours.

OH MY GOD: My informant/friend (who is also a fellow watmmer, but I won't name him) was now offered to attend the listening session (which is apparently taking place pretty much right now, and assumably in or somewhere near Cologne, Germany) himself (!!!) to write an article about it, which he REFUSED because he doesn't really like Boards of Canada.

I can't get over this. :mellow:

OH MY GOD: My informant/friend (who is also a fellow watmmer, but I won't name him) was now offered to attend the listening session (which is apparently taking place pretty much right now, and assumably in or somewhere near Cologne, Germany) himself (!!!) to write an article about it, which he REFUSED because he doesn't really like Boards of Canada.

The Fuck?!

I'm not even kidding. He's working for some magazine and they were looking for someone to review the album, so he had the chance and refused as he didn't feel he'd be the right man for the job. He listened to Music Has The Right To Children like two times and says he doesn't get why BoC are such a big deal. It's so ironic.

Hopefully I'll still get some 2nd hand info from the guy who took his place!

i can only hope he isn't your friend any longer

Oh, well. It's probably for the best that he didn't go, actually. That's cool that he recognizes that he's not the right one for the job, given his feelings on the matter--glad he didn't sabotage the early review pool (I could imagine a spiteful person wouldn't have been so decent).

I'm looking forward to reading some of the initial impressions. Keep us posted if you hear anything.

blackmetal.gif

come on now, it's just music :sleep:

... quite good music though! - but yeah, I'll keep you posted, assuming I get any info prior to the release of the article at all now... Well, I can still at least translate the article otherwise.

A listening session? This is so... 1990! Honestly, I am a journalist AND fan of BOC, but still I couldn't be bothered to go to Cologne just to listen to an album once. This is too much ado about nothing. They take themselves too serious. Besides I wouldn't write a review if I have listened to the album just once with 10+ strangers in the same room who will probably talk all the time because they feel so privileged. WTF does Warp think they are?

A listening session? This is so... 1990! Honestly, I am a journalist AND fan of BOC, but still I couldn't be bothered to go to Cologne just to listen to an album once. This is too much ado about nothing. They take themselves too serious. Besides I wouldn't write a review if I have listened to the album just once with 10+ strangers in the same room who will probably talk all the time because they feel so privileged. WTF does Warp think they are?

They clearly want to out-punk Daft Punk. FACT posted their album review based on private listening session. Was it advertisement or privileged blowjob I don't remember.

I mean, what can I expect from a journalist who gets a very privileged private listening session? An objective review? A real opinion?

I don't think so! This is journalism as a promo stunt and takes all the reviews ad absurdum.

I'm not even kidding. He's working for some magazine and they were looking for someone to review the album, so he had the chance and refused as he didn't feel he'd be the right man for the job. He listened to Music Has The Right To Children like two times and says he doesn't get why BoC are such a big deal. It's so ironic.

Who is he on here? I'll ban him NOW :emotawesomepm9:

Who is he on here? I'll ban him NOW :emotawesomepm9:

Now, that's a rule I'd support :biggrin:

I don't believe the cologne story. Berlin would make sense as Berghain has strong Warp connections but Cologne makes no sense as all warp acts besides Autechre play in the Netherlands or Berlin most of the time

Archived