IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

after quite a few listens now,i think TH is ace,its definitely designed to be listened to all the way through,the beatless tracks are some of the best on this imo,and the tracks with beats come across like classic mid nineties warp artists output,such as aphex/plaid and even a hint of leftfields leftism on a couple of tracks

Guest Gravity

It's very easy to listen to from beginning to end, yeah. Also the string of tracks from Nothing Is Real to Semena Mertvykh is impeccable.

Also as much as I do really dig this album, there is a part of me that misses their more playful side (Aquarius, Roygbiv) and their more direct beats (Happy Cycling, Kid For Today, Everything You Do Is A Balloon, Pete Standing Alone etc etc).

yeah they've obv matured... i miss breaking my neck to boc fat beats... but these days i'd probably pull something so it's just as well.

maybe there's something less "concept" in the pipeline.

Also as much as I do really dig this album, there is a part of me that misses their more playful side (Aquarius, Roygbiv) and their more direct beats (Happy Cycling, Kid For Today, Everything You Do Is A Balloon, Pete Standing Alone etc etc).

yeah they've obv matured... i miss breaking my neck to boc fat beats... but these days i'd probably pull something so it's just as well.

maybe there's something less "concept" in the pipeline.

I'm fully expecting an ep.

Edited by acroyear

The lp has grown on me but i wish that after 8 years, Boards of Canada had reinvented themselves (see Oval "O" tracks that sounds nothing like Ovalprocess).

I hope they'll put out some unreleased tunes from Boc maxima, the old tunes tapes etc.

If an EP should come, I would definitely prefer that it drop out of nowhere. Just an email in my box saying "new EP from Boards of Canada- out now". It's a fantasy, but it could happen, and for the reason Jules mentioned. Certain tracks probably just didn't fit in with the theme of the album.

Edited by acroyear

I haven't even got a shipping confirmation yet with any USPS tracking number...

You must have got something by today... no??

Yeah, ironically, I come home, and there it is, sitting on my doorstep. Interestingly, it has a tracking sticker that states "release 7 june", which makes me think they did ship it on the 7th, and arrived to me on the 11th. Not bad timing at all, actually. The packaging was new too (not anything like those shots of all the cardboard wrapped with green tape we've seen; it was in a professionally made box, and had this weird hexagonal-mesh packing material, with top and bottom crumple zones to prevent the corners being bent. Both the CD and the vinyl are in immaculate condition, and the vinyl is staying sealed.

Absolutely no stickers, extras, postcards, etc. - probably my first order from WARP that didn't come with anything. Hell, I used to get goodies with the promos WARP sent me back in the day - and I didn't even request the promos!

I haven't received anything like a sticker, postcard, promo CD since the Warpmart days...

Anyway, TH is #3 in the UK album charts, which is pretty good going: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/update/albums

Thats pretty interesting, I don't remember Exai getting into the top 40. Must have shifted quite a few copies.

I haven't received anything like a sticker, postcard, promo CD since the Warpmart days...

Anyway, TH is #3 in the UK album charts, which is pretty good going: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/update/albums

Thats pretty interesting, I don't remember Exai getting into the top 40. Must have shifted quite a few copies.

probably due to people buying multiple copies, because they had no choice considering that Bleep fucked up the delivery, so people had to go to retail shops and buy it again.

Guest jasondonervan

tumblr_moakycVxpz1spvmh6o1_1280.jpg

I didn't include the UK cos it's currently 2nd place. We are Ridiculous People (WARP257)

probably my first order from WARP that didn't come with anything. Hell, I used to get goodies with the promos WARP sent me back in the day - and I didn't even request the promos!

Lucky you then, I started buying stuff from Bleep like 3 years ago and never got anything from them

I didn't include the UK cos it's currently 2nd place. We are Ridiculous People (WARP257)

ZOMG, I just now realized that We Are Reasonable People, can be abbreviated to WARP.

mind asplodes

Edited by azatoth