IGNORED

Alfonso Cuarón - Gravity

Redruth

GbfZirS.jpg

"A medical engineer and an astronaut work together to survive after an accident leaves them adrift in space."

[youtubehd]ufsrgE0BYf0[/youtubehd]

Sandra Bullock as Dr. Ryan Stone

George Clooney as Matt Kowalsky

Ed Harris as the voice of Mission Control

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1454468/

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im honestly really pumped to see this movie. good director, and it reminds me of that ray bradbury story from the 50s(i think there was a comic version of it?) The concept is utterly terrifying.

Guest Gary C

Oh God, I forgot this was out. Is it out? My girlfriend asked whether there was anything at the cinema this weekend and I said no.

If it's out my shitty local cinema ain't showing it.

Might just rewatch Children of Men instead.

I kinda like Sandra Bullock. I think George Clooney looks like kind of an ass, but seems like a fun guy as well. Alfsono Cuaron is great. Children of Men really shaped the sculpture of me being 23.

Will probably check it out using my voucher I got from the bank for saving 500 quid.

Topsport, innit mate?

Guest Shit Attack

i dont really dislike em ..........then again i dont really like em either ...... so if they want to fall thru space for 2 hours thats coool

I'm a huge sucker for movies set in space and I'm an extreme fan of Children of Men, what a fantastic film!

Now we all know that trailers always suck nowadays, regardless of the quality of the actual movie. So does this one, but that doesn't put me off the film.

Yet the idea of this film existing sounds like a bit of a fever-dream, really. Alfonso Cuarón directing a film with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney in space? How did that happen? They both come along like two overpaid mainstream-actors who need to retire already... actually, Sandra Bullock ain't that bad of an actress, now that I recall her performance on Murder by Numbers, she just did a bunch of bullshit besides of that for some reason, or at least that's what I associate with her somehow (coincidentally, "Speed" is on German TV right now). Clooney, however, is just a photo model.

Children of Men has these super-long one-take-scenes that I love so much... I wonder whether he pulls this off in this one, too. It would probably even be easier to do than in CoM, actually, considering the setting and amount of actors involved.

I would love for this film not to have too much CGI and two actually talented low-profile actors I haven't seen on the cover of men's health or shoe's weekly or whtever... guess I ain't gonna get these two things. Still, I'm mad curious about the result of this odd mixture and am probably gonna watch this, maybe even in cinema.

edit: OH COME ON, 3D AGAIN? No way. I swore I ain't gonna watch another 3D movie. Fuck this I'm out unless 2D version.

Guest Shit Attack

edit: OH COME ON, 3D AGAIN? No way. I swore I ain't gonna watch another 3D movie. Fuck this I'm out unless 2D version.

they usually release 2d + 3d versions of shit at the same time. havent watched a 3d film for about 2 years anyways

can't imagine why you'd watch this at home. seems like for it to be any good, you have to watch it in the cinema.

yeah, agree (or on a projector) - I just want to avoid the 3D, not the big screen.

they usually release 2d + 3d versions of shit at the same time. havent watched a 3d film for about 2 years anyways

They do sometimes, but being in Germany, you don't always get 2D+English screening... sometimes the only English version is in 3D, sometimes it's in 2D. It's just luck, depending on what the cinema bought. There's never four different versions for the same film, I have picked English+3D over German Dub+2D a couple of times before, but it's kinda pick-your-poison, really, when you despise both! :dry:

Guest Shit Attack

o ok that sucks..........cant imagine the dialogue in this film would be worth much too to be honest tho other than like "help me george im faaaaaaalling"

Possibly yes, but dub is a no-go for me, it renders almost any film unwatchable. Older films are exceptions as they used to put a lot of effort into creative translations and actually had the dubbing actors re-enact the scenes together and such. Nowadays, they often even have the individual actors record their lines separately while the others aren't even present. The results are terrible, not to mention the wrong translations, lost puns, lost performance of the original actors ...

I wish Germany wouldn't be so used to its dubbing actors. The Netherlands, Sweden, most of the cool European countries are much more foreign-language-friendly than Germany. They show subtitled stuff on TV all the time, resulting in a population who is better at foreign languages and gets to see and hear the actual film. It's win-win. But Germans are lazy. Many of my friends are used to watching dubbed versions, and their argument against original audio is "Nah then I need to concentrate too much, can't relax!" etc ... to which I usually reply you're not supposed to relax and let the film numb your head, you're supposed to watch the film, ffs... and so on.

So much for my rant. What's this thread about again?

for this, the only thing that is really bothersome for me is bullock. although, she does have a fair amount of range as an actress, she can be very cute and endearing or the opposite; we will have to see if she can break her formula a bit and bring us something new?

i imagine myself floating away into space; alone ..forever and it terrifies me. i imagine i would have extremely honest moments if i were still sending audio. this leads me to believe that this film will be weepy and emotional. i will likely cry a big snotty wet one. has anyone been to a film were someone was really having a good cry at it? i mean, they were really crying their eyes out, blowing snotty tissues?

has anyone been to a film were someone was really having a good cry at it? i mean, they were really crying their eyes out, blowing snotty tissues?

yes, the ending of Leon The Professional did this to me, as she walks out of the all-girls school and plants the tree, holy fuck. after all she had been through, i could cry just thinking about the emotional content of that film.

i will see this. love Cuaron, unsure about Bullcock and Clooney though

has anyone been to a film were someone was really having a good cry at it? i mean, they were really crying their eyes out, blowing snotty tissues?

yes, the ending of Leon The Professional did this to me, as she walks out of the all-girls school and plants the tree, holy fuck. after all she had been through, i could cry just thinking about the emotional content of that film.

right, she is so sweet and fragile. the professional gets me every time. high quality filmmaking.

Archived