IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

Downloading now. Very excite!

Also, that’s the first time I've ever seen VAT explicitly added when paying for a bandcamp purchase through PayPal. I just assumed it was always encompassed within the price shown on the bandcamp page. Has something changed recently? :huh:

first time I'd noticed the VAT thing as well.

Footage from a few days ago. Looks amazing, sounds amazing (are those all tracks from Level 14?). Really pumped for the upcoming colundi gig now.

Also, Level 14 is great, the faster tracks are a very welcome addition. I love how upbeat yet delicate the tracks on here turned out, and then that 12th track

Guest bitroast

Nice one, liking the artwork already :) will sit down with this right away.

Price sure has gone up with that added tax though. €12,- for a one hour digital release is maybe a bit too much (which is what I just paid)...

yeah. added 10-14 in bandcamp shopping cart earlier and total was ~$90 aud.

giphy.gif

was a tad too "premium" pricing for digital only album.

To quote the unsuccessful kickstarter from a while ago,

colundi is a theory of Energy (currently represented by cooking/painting/writing/dance/gardening ET CETERA.), involving techniques in Sound & Music, featuring a microtonal Musical Scale, passed on to colundi’s “colleagues” by “The One”.
A Microtonal scale considers all sonic frequencies rather than, for instance, standard chromatic scale (which use 12 pitches per octave, e.g. black and white keys of a Western Piano keyboard).
colundi works on the assumption that taste is based on knowledge and experience and that music can be beneficial regardless of that; relying on nature alone. It incorporates the use of sine waves and colundi waves.
By an ancient alchemy now known as “Braindance”, The One translated the common virtues of colundi into a sequence of distinct audio frequencies and colours and passed them on to a colleague (notable as co-founder of Rephlex records, NME’s “Coolest Record Label on Earth”, 2001) who promptly closed down the imprint after 23 years, to become one of colundi’s custodians.
There are 128 distinct colundi frequencies that resonate or evoke all manner of benefits (chosen via experimentation and philosophy, each value translating or resonating or relating to a specific human bio resonance, psychology, magic, belief, physics, astronomy, maths, chemistry and points beyond language)…
Sounds like crazy talk to me, even though i honestly don't care because the music is one of the best stuff i heard in a while. And the sheer amount of it is amazing :)

fuck that looks like the most annoying show ever tho.

Middle class people (predominantly white and male) awkwardly shuffling from side to side in a poorly lit venue whilst a man on stage bounces up and down a bit looking at a mac laptop - Isn't that pretty much every IDM gig ?

also, does anybody know a bit more about Colundi sequence level 9?

As i've gathered, they wanted to "release" level 9 as a piece of land in england, that's what the aforementioned kickstarter was about.
But i can't find "level 9" as an album anywhere.
I did notice AP Musik's page on discogs lists catalogue numbers, so "level 8" is APMU10 and "level 10" is APMU12
:shrug:

also, does anybody know a bit more about Colundi sequence level 9?

As i've gathered, they wanted to "release" level 9 as a piece of land in england, that's what the aforementioned kickstarter was about.
But i can't find "level 9" as an album anywhere.
I did notice AP Musik's page on discogs lists catalogue numbers, so "level 8" is APMU10 and "level 10" is APMU12
:shrug:

APMU11 = Level 9. Plan is to release it as a part of land that has to be bought collectively. There have been a few attempts now and it seems to be getting closer. Check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/we.at.colundi.dot.net/?fref=ts:)

To quote the unsuccessful kickstarter from a while ago,

colundi is a theory of Energy (currently represented by cooking/painting/writing/dance/gardening ET CETERA.), involving techniques in Sound & Music, featuring a microtonal Musical Scale, passed on to colundi’s “colleagues” by “The One”.
A Microtonal scale considers all sonic frequencies rather than, for instance, standard chromatic scale (which use 12 pitches per octave, e.g. black and white keys of a Western Piano keyboard).
colundi works on the assumption that taste is based on knowledge and experience and that music can be beneficial regardless of that; relying on nature alone. It incorporates the use of sine waves and colundi waves.
By an ancient alchemy now known as “Braindance”, The One translated the common virtues of colundi into a sequence of distinct audio frequencies and colours and passed them on to a colleague (notable as co-founder of Rephlex records, NME’s “Coolest Record Label on Earth”, 2001) who promptly closed down the imprint after 23 years, to become one of colundi’s custodians.
There are 128 distinct colundi frequencies that resonate or evoke all manner of benefits (chosen via experimentation and philosophy, each value translating or resonating or relating to a specific human bio resonance, psychology, magic, belief, physics, astronomy, maths, chemistry and points beyond language)…
Sounds like crazy talk to me, even though i honestly don't care because the music is one of the best stuff i heard in a while. And the sheer amount of it is amazing :)

thank you. pretty time-cubey, but very pretty musicky

and does anyone know what do they actually plan on doing with these nodes (seemingly random plots of land they keep buying everywhere)?

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

Found a normal quote:

Wilson-Claridge says of their invention: “Instead of dividing the keyboard into octaves with semitones, we have chosen specific frequencies to work around... The scale is 128 resonant frequencies chosen via experimentation and philosophy, each relating to a specific human bio-resonance, or psychology, traditional mysticism or belief, physics, astronomy, maths, chemistry.”

So i assume all the songs were composed in that scale.

also found a cool pic of the keyboard

colundi_sequence.jpg

Gotovo, you might want to browse through this thread as this is all been posted before :) a scan of the article (from Wire magazine) that went with that photo is in there too.

and does anyone know what do they actually plan on doing with these nodes (seemingly random plots of land they keep buying everywhere)?

Seems quite open to interpretation, vacation / camping, festivals, Cornish pasties bakery maybe?

Gotovo, you might want to browse through this thread as this is all been posted before :) a scan of the article (from Wire magazine) that went with that photo is in there too.

Seems quite open to interpretation, vacation / camping, festivals, Cornish pasties bakery maybe?

I second the motion for Cornish pasties bakery.

I'm still new to the forum format, when i see 50 pages i get discouraged :P

you can remove the post it if you want.

you can remove the post it if you want.

I'm still new to the forum format, when i see 50 pages i get discouraged :P

Don't worry about it :) welcome!

Looked it up for you, here is the article again: http://forum.watmm.com/uploads/monthly_03_2015/post-2656-0-35479900-1425499128.jpg

Nice new level, sounds indeed reminiscent of L3... but I guess I'm more a Level 13 guy.

I'd love to hear Aleski using his Colundi frequencies in some kind of Astrobotnia / Project V / Mental Union reminiscent material. Don't get me wrong, I loooooove the Colundi series, but I also miss the diversity and melodic playfulness/lushness of his older material. Not to mention the drum programming.

I'll buy and love the remaining 7 levels anyway.