IGNORED

How Daft Punk Created Their "One More Time" Sample

Joyrex

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My son likes some bland hip hop track that samples 2 Weeks by Grizzly Bear... I showed him in ableton how to do it. Took the exact samples they used and added my own beats and shit!

That's a nice example of sampling. Am not too angry/pissed off at Daft Punk for sampling it. They did put it together the way they did. In my experience, people who are pissed at Daft Punk for doing so are just displaying envy (and won't admit it).

that's the reason I don't like Daft Punk that much in the artistic aspect. Most of their hit tracks are just samples. Damn, for me that's stealing. And Daft Punk is shit since Human After All.

My favourite "daft punk sample revealed" video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5uMctGxJwI

My ocd compels me to say that the second chord in the sequence is wrong. They either pitched it down a whole step or grabbed a chord from somewhere else in the tune.

But anyway I find these videos very interesting.

that's the reason I don't like Daft Punk that much in the artistic aspect. Most of their hit tracks are just samples. Damn, for me that's stealing. And Daft Punk is shit since Human After All.

dj_shadow-endtroducing-gatefold_scan-med

Sampling is awesome.

If you don't like sampling then you won't like Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Luke Vibert, Bibio, Autechre...you know, musicians that use sampling.

Sampling is awesome.

If you don't like sampling then you won't like Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Luke Vibert, Bibio, Autechre...you know, musicians that use sampling.

It's somewhat akin to posting on a punk rock forum how you don't like distorted electric guitars.

it's quite easy not to like punk guitars and still like distortion in say metal

hypocritical? maybe. but easy.

That wasn't really my point, but yes, there are usually exceptions to the rule.

dj_shadow-endtroducing-gatefold_scan-med

I know. But Daft Punk use samples as whole tracks. At least DJ Shadow arranged creatively.

Sampling is awesome.

It's somewhat akin to posting on a punk rock forum how you don't like distorted electric guitars.

same as above, yo

Archived