IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

i totally agree to what FRANKLY white on KICKSTARTER.

1) Do not hand it off to the WATMM member with a Technics turntable to rip, as planned. That's utterly ridiculous. Use some of the raised funds to hire a professional transfer house to do it.

considering aphex dj's for like 20-40grand, why not actually get him to play? looks like there'll be enough cash for a set both sides of the atlantic.

1) Do not hand it off to the WATMM member with a Technics turntable to rip, as planned. That's utterly ridiculous. Use some of the raised funds to hire a professional transfer house to do it.

This would be the wisest option. Get it professionally transferred and even then there would probably be money left over. Donate that lot to charity. Then some more will go to something good.

considering aphex dj's for like 20-40grand, why not actually get him to play? looks like there'll be enough cash for a set both sides of the atlantic.

I mentioned this earlier, make it happen :D

He would just drop the needle on his test pressing of Caustic Window, let it play while laying on a couch. Perhaps get some hired rhubarb bears to flip the record once one side is played.

This would be the wisest option. Get it professionally transferred and even then there would probably be money left over. Donate that lot to charity. Then some more will go to something good.

Isn't that already the case? Joyrex is going to ship the Vinyl to somebody with professional equipment from what I understood.

I think Joyrex said he's going to color the grooves in with a Magic Marker, make an imprint on some construction paper, and then scan it into an .ac3 file. That's probably all a professional would do anyway.

Maybe we can spend the extra dollars on an elusiv4 world wide tour, visiting watmmembers listening areas and making acoustic adjustments?

finally registered for kickstarter and backed this morning.

i vote for sending it to the 1 watmm member who has a technics to play and record it. it would be best probably to record it with your iPhone mic to capture the warmth of the room instead of doing some techy rip thing. I'm pretty sure someone here has one of those record player things right?

Edited by jules

Isn't that already the case? Joyrex is going to ship the Vinyl to somebody with professional equipment from what I understood.

From what I gathered it was initially to someone who just had the equipment to rip the vinyl, not a professional establishment who does this sort of thing everyday. The latter would be feasible and the smartest thing to do with all the extra dosh the kickstarter has collected.

But then again, I am not interested in this so I don't really care. Just think that the thing should be done as well as possible since a lot of money is involved.

I don't have a technics turntable (since only one of us WATMM members have it), but I have a Crosley turntable briefcase. If you want warmth, the internal speakers on this thing are *hot*. You won't believe the quality of a rip I can get off that thing, using my Sony TCM 323 Cassette-Corder. What do you guys think?