IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

More as things develop - enjoy the crazy ride for now, and a HUGE thanks to everyone who has not only supported WATMM over the years, but everyone who believed in this project.

*crawls under desk to get some sleep*

Yeah man, you've been wheeling and dealing, take a breather and thanks so much!

100%

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine recently got 100 copies of a 2xLP compilation pressed for $2000, so it's not cheap, but definitely doable if we have enough backers.

Probably a bit of a logistical pain in the arse. Joyrex would have to get them all pressed, work out which of the hundreds of people had funded extra and then ship them all over the world and no doubt then have the worry about some not turning up, there being a problem with some pressings etc ....

Shit, that's a lotta moola. Good job everyone. I'm guessing there won't be cashback? I'm fine with giving the other 3rd to charity as well.

Has anyone else thought this overwhelmingly favourable response to a 20 year old unreleased album might just encourage AFX to release some new music?

Papa Joyrex had this theory when we were brainstorming this thing.

edit: I trust we'll be syncing this on CHATMM on the release date? No sneaky peeksies!

Edited by chim

GWC: hey so are u keen to put some new trax now? warp or rephlex??

RDJ: wots reflects?

GWC: rephlex

RDJ: ?

GWC: that label we started

RDJ: eh?

GWC: braindance

RDJ: *farts*

GWC: ...richard are u ok?

rDVIM1P.jpg

Jesus, lot of reddit folks and others are already bitching and derp derping about the whole thing. Man, I hate being in the know about a subject and then watching the public self-congratulate their loud ignorance regarding the said subject at hand.

I feel like this a lot of the time.

I would love to destroy what little faith I have left in humanity... please link the thread(s).

Joyrex would have to get them all pressed, work out which of the hundreds of people had funded extra and then ship them all over the world and no doubt then have the worry about some not turning up, there being a problem with some pressings etc ....

I was suggesting Rephlex do the pressing since, you know, it's their label and all. Deliver the excess cash to Rephlex if they agree to finally release it on wax for the masses.

Joyrex would have to get them all pressed, work out which of the hundreds of people had funded extra and then ship them all over the world and no doubt then have the worry about some not turning up, there being a problem with some pressings etc ....

I was suggesting Rephlex do the pressing since, you know, it's their label and all. Deliver the excess cash to Rephlex if they agree to finally release it on wax for the masses.

Yeah, no way I would undertake that without getting paid - that's a hell of a lot of work. Plus, I highly doubt Rephlex would go for that. We'll see though - 29 days to go! *falls over into potted plant*

Jesus, lot of reddit folks and others are already bitching and derp derping about the whole thing. Man, I hate being in the know about a subject and then watching the public self-congratulate their loud ignorance regarding the said subject at hand.

Examples pls. I'm curious

me tu

I would love to destroy what little faith I have left in humanity... please link the thread(s).

Well, a skeptical (but polite) friend messaged me. He also sent me this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/electronicmusic/comments/22q4xs/aphex_twins_unheard_caustic_window_lp_is_going_to/

I only use reddit for AMAs I care about. This is why I avoid it.

Edited by joshuatx

Now we're so rich and powerful like. Yo richard, plz plz plz throw in a couple of new tracks secretly into the *.rar file for us to find and go nuts over. PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE.

problem is, now i've said it they'll never do it. Those guys are so mean :cry: and sensitive :cerious: need to toughen up and stay the course with the cool new tracks hidden in our easter egg :wink: .

Shit, that's a lotta moola. Good job everyone. I'm guessing there won't be cashback? I'm fine with giving the other 3rd to charity as well.

No thirds should go to charity, as most money you give to a charity goes to administration fees, which really just means high paid arse sitters who enjoy plenty of junkets and freebies all round. There is only one charity that is beyond reproach which i mentioned in some other thread, that being The Cornwall Retired and Homeless Tank Shelter run by a Mr. James Esq.

So, how about upping the promotion factor?

It's only the second day and we're already way ahead of schedule. If this gets the right promotion, Joyrex can buy himself a new house and pay bandwidth costs for watmm for the rest of our lives. :D

Well, a skeptical (but polite) friend messaged me. He also sent me this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/electronicmusic/comments/22q4xs/aphex_twins_unheard_caustic_window_lp_is_going_to/

I only use reddit for AMAs I care about. This is why I avoid it.

That's not too bad... compared to say the hateful ignorance over at xlt, or the insane amounts of butthurt over at Fred's Island for Misfit Toys™...

Super LOL @ the guy who wants 'proof' - does he really think I would stick my neck out like this to publically scam 90% of my own forum members? How some people think...

Give the rest to the twin!

This is for insurance not charity.

Insurance for a new release.

I don't think Richard has any doubts (even before this) anything he released would sell well...

A lot of my life has been influenced by aphex twin, autechre, squarepusher.

Were it not for crazy-ass people, I would get an address or a wire, some kind of confirmation of authenticity, and send my cash directly to them.

I like the idea of the barter -> exclusivity (in the digital domain? oxymoron...) for work/value. As in, their shit for mine.

But in my old age, the meme "shut up and take my money" is too vulgar; and they don't have time to hear my life story. So, have some of my cash, and thanks for signing my hoodie back in Chicago in '08, Rob. I've pirated and purchased their music many times over, as a conscientious fan it's difficult to abstain from both.

It does need to be spelled out clearly, as otherwise is being stated as already listenable tracks via Wikipedia's track listening of 'caustic window', that these tracks are things that haven't been heard. "Unreleased" is a term that was important before the digital age hit.

All in all, it seems like hype - but once again, the deafening roar of ascii chars typed and data pushed in response to it is still quite exciting :)

I stay neutral on this, but it's great to have something to have a response to.

There seems to be a lot of doubt in that reddit thread as to the validity of the record. Even though Joyrex has been in contact with Grant and subsequently RDJ who have confirmed it and authorized it's distribution

Guest Harmac2

There seems to be a lot of doubt in that reddit thread as to the validity of the record. Even though Joyrex has been in contact with Grant and subsequently RDJ who have confirmed it and authorized it's distribution

People on reddit like to think they know what they are talking about when actually they don't.