IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest escmode

I can't get over how good this is. Way better than Compilation, in my opinion....

I have no friggen clue why this was never released.

Perhaps he was so involved with his Warp releases that by the time it was to be released he was on to more futuristic sounds? I dunno

You could be right. Maybe by 96' when this was ready for release he thought it sounded outdated. Considering he was almost ready to release rdj album....

Makes sense. This album is awesome though.

That makes sense and imagine how he might feel now, 18 yeas on. Does he want this album, which he put to bed 20 years ago, to be the last release we associate with him? I'm (optimistically) thinking that the only reason he agreed to this whole thing, is because he already had an imminent release planned ...which will supersede this in our collective psyche. Right???!!! :music:

FLAC downloading - 19 seconds left! Gonna be a great night from what I have read from the last few pages of this thread!!!!

So no AIFF/WAV format available after all?

I can't get over how good this is. Way better than Compilation, in my opinion....

Perhaps he was so involved with his Warp releases that by the time it was to be released he was on to more futuristic sounds? I dunno

You could be right. Maybe by 96' when this was ready for release he thought it sounded outdated. Considering he was almost ready to release rdj album....

That makes sense and imagine how he might feel now, 18 yeas on. Does he want this album, which he put to bed 20 years ago, to be the last release we associate with him? I'm (optimistically) thinking that the only reason he agreed to this whole thing, is because he already had an imminent release planned ...which will supersede this in our collective psyche. Right???!!! :music:

I would like to be be as positive as you guys but I don't know.

Whatever happened? I mean, we have gotten no word from him as to why he stopped releasing, there must be a reason for this, my fear is whatever that reason was is still valid.

I feel it man, radio silence.

/2am post

Edited by MIXL2

Guest Retrig

I would like to be be as positive as you guys but I don't know.

Whatever happened? I mean, we have gotten no word from him as to why he stopped releasing, there must be a reason for this, my fear is whatever that reason was is still valid.

I feel it man, radio silence.

/2am post

I've given up on holding my breath or speculating or thinking about it. If we get a new release, it will be a fantastic surprise. If not, he left at a perfect place. Drukqs and Tuss (as he drops the mic and walks offstage).

From what I've been told, he's just busy being a dad.

Guest escmode

I'm halfway through listening... wow.... what an experience this is... for me SAW 85-92 is still his most sublimely consistent album and I hear fragments of that mood in some of these tracks (i.e fingertrips). For those who followed him since Didgeridoo, this is kinda like having something returned that was stolen 20 years ago...

Edited by escmode

This is wonderful. This is my summer jam. I can see why he didn't release it but honestly If this had come out in the 90's it would have been a favorite. I'll just have to enjoy it now instead.

I was dubious when I heard this was going to be a vinyl rip because I've rarely heard vinyl rips done right, but it sounds awesome.

Oh btw I listened to it, not all that impressed honestly. A few really good tracks, but many were weak on the first listen. Not really regretting not buying it. Glad everyone is enjoying it though, just not me too much. Such is life! :cry:

It's only $16. Do you work at walmart and have 14 kids to feed or something? lol Why did you get to listen to it without paying/backing the kickstarter?

You don't have to enjoy it but to steal it and then complain about the price... =/

Edit: sorry, you didn't explicitly complain about the price. But the fact that you pirated it or otherwise listened to it illegally instead of paying the small amount of $16... well.. you get it =P

Edited by StephenG

It's only $16. Do you work at walmart and have 14 kids to feed or something? lol Why did you get to listen to it without paying/backing the kickstarter?You don't have to enjoy it but to steal it and then complain about the price... =/

Well, some people are programmed to complain about everything they have and everything they don't have. It's never up to their standards. Always too expensive, never good enough. Too bad for them. Let's enjoy this album anyway! It's great to see so much positive feedback from the fans.

It's only $16. Do you work at walmart and have 14 kids to feed or something? lol Why did you get to listen to it without paying/backing the kickstarter?

You don't have to enjoy it but to steal it and then complain about the price... =/

Edit: sorry, you didn't explicitly complain about the price. But the fact that you pirated it or otherwise listened to it illegally instead of paying the small amount of $16... well.. you get it =P

He doesn't want to have bought it to listen to it because he now understands that he doesn't like it, so it worked out for everybody. Posting where it's available for preview will be edited though. Not like anyone couldn't figure it out but you know.

He doesn't want to have bought it to listen to it because he now understands that he doesn't like it, so it worked out for everybody. Posting where it's available on youtub will be edited though.

Fair enough. I'm just very anti-pirate/music theft. You should know that by know.... =P

It's only $16. Do you work at walmart and have 14 kids to feed or something? lol Why did you get to listen to it without paying/backing the kickstarter?You don't have to enjoy it but to steal it and then complain about the price... =/

Well, some people are programmed to complain about everything they have and everything they don't have. It's never up to their standards. Always too expensive, never good enough. Too bad for them. Let's enjoy this album anyway! It's great to see so much positive feedback from the fans.

Helllll yeah bruddah. I'm super happy with this release. =)