IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

lol this article talks about what we discussed last week : http://www.poorkaraoke.co.uk/aphex-twin-syro-secret-exposed/

EDIT: another: http://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/2lry1s/mu_has_found_a_possible_secret_song_on_syro/

Edited by Anchio Arch io Son Pittore

i'm really starting to get into syro at the moment, enjoying it for what it is, instead of 'omfg, a new afx album'

I think that's really the key. It happened for me a couple months after the album was released...only just now truly absorbing the depth of it all. It's an absolutely immaculate album; I've warmed up partly to 180db_ but not at all to aisatsana. It's a great track, but it just doesn't work with the rest of the album at all, even being tacked on the end.

i'm really starting to get into syro at the moment, enjoying it for what it is, instead of 'omfg, a new afx album'

I think that's really the key. It happened for me a couple months after the album was released...only just now truly absorbing the depth of it all. It's an absolutely immaculate album; I've warmed up partly to 180db_ but not at all to aisatsana. It's a great track, but it just doesn't work with the rest of the album at all, even being tacked on the end.

I thought the same about aisatsana. Great on it's own, just not with the album. I've now changed my mind. I listen to the album with the Japanese bonus track all the time now. Great finish to a fantastic album. The more you listen the more depth you realise there is to it. Always hearing something new. This is fast becoming better than the tuss for me and I'm a big fan.

Oh and I too am warming to 180db lately:-)

Guest kymppinetti

when syro were released, i listened it every day like 3 moths through. and not just one time, many times in a day. there were times when i got home from work, i would listen syro to the end of the day. when i would go to sleep. i was preatty obsessed of it. i even talked to my fellow workers of: that how i found a new layer from a track or some hidden trick. and they didn't have any idea what i was talking about. haha i just needed to talk about it with somebody.

and now i'm back on syro. gotta say, it's a good album. could it be even better than last times.

Amazing release - listen to tracks off it practically every day, and they get better with every listen so I keep coming back to it. One of his best records so far. Skillfully crafted lushness.

Guest kymppinetti

Do you guys think XMAS_EVET10 is too long? I find myself not paying attention after a few minutes in.

no, to me it's the opposite. longer track kind a challenges the listener, takes much more time to 'know' the whole track. it's soo rewarding when you can beat through some long track, such track as XMAS.

Do you guys think XMAS_EVET10 is too long? I find myself not paying attention after a few minutes in.

no, to me it's the opposite. longer track kind a challenges the listener, takes much more time to 'know' the whole track. it's soo rewarding when you can beat through some long track, such track as XMAS.

Agreed. Once you get to grips with it, seems shorter than 10 minutes.

Agreed. Once you get to grips with it, seems shorter than 10 minutes.
I'm into it.

To me, that track is his "Station To Station" (David Bowie). I never feel like much time has passed when listening to it because it creates a mood so well that I zone out and ignore everything else.

http://youtu.be/ZY77zDzNmYw

Edited by J3FF3R00

I don't think it's a bad thing, perhaps the fact that all the track titles have bpm attached suggests they are club fodder or something, not to diminish from the album at all, it's multi-purpose

Has anyone managed to "play" that limited edition track that came with the super deluxe vinyl lottery box?

Would this thing do it?

http://canyouactually.com/when-you-put-tree-rings-on-a-record-player-the-sound-is-unexpectedly-beautiful/

Did you even read the article?

"sensors work together to gather information about the wood’s color and texture and then uses an algorithm that translates variations into piano notes."

So yeah, no. Wouldn't work.

Someone got pretty close to 'translating' it. From what I remember, it sounded like a CCAI-esque track hidden behind a wall of static.

Yup, and someone else on here did a pretty good noise reduction on the rip we already had. I think it was a piano track, definitely CCAI-style!