IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Anyway, I apologise to anyone who thought I was being elitist. On a brighter note, my LP came today and it's a totally different experience to listening on headphones. Metz feels longer for some reason, and 180db makes a lot more sense with these loud speakers.

Hope anyone without a copy gets theirs soon!

syro u473t8+e really reminds me of latter day c64 demo tunes both in instrumentation and style.

(ffwd to 16:25)

This is really good. I was thinking the other day how interesting it would be if Richard did a release made using only the Elektron Sidstation. I think he could enjoy that kind of challenge. Richard are you reading this?

This is really good. I was thinking the other day how interesting it would be if Richard did a release made using only the Elektron Sidstation. I think he could enjoy that kind of challenge. Richard are you reading this?

interesting yeah i wondered before what he would come up with using lsdj or nanoloop on gameboy.

got my blerp vinylz today (Monday) in flyover nowheresville midwest usa

DAMN!!!

I'm not pre-ordering from Bleep again. I live in LOS FUCKING ANGELES and my package tracking says

• "Expected Delivery Day: Thursday, September 25, 2014"

suicide.gif

That's what I get for pre-ordering the instant it goes live.

If it doesn't come with crazy swag, I'm gonna raise hell.

I pre-ordered about 10 hours after you, I live in LA, and mine is supposedly out for delivery today. It's being shipped via UPS Ground and the tracking originated in Ypsilanti, Michigan. I dunno wtf

ypsi, Mi. that's an interesting spot for shipment origination. Lotta drugs up in that town, so maybe makes sense.

Update: I just got two, count 'em, two, new dispatch notices from Bleep saying my order of Syro Vinyl has just been dispatched today, even though it's currently on the UPS truck for delivery, and I got the shipment notification for today's delivery last week.

Dunno if I'm getting three vinyl Syros now or what, but uh....

Bleep pls

You can use the spares as frisbees.

syrobonkus

Thank you again for releasing the album :)

brian is not the anal chosen one

He said soooomething earlier that made me wonder. But you are probably right.

https://bleep.com/release/9618-aphex-twin-richard-d-james-album

Vinyl is up for pre-order for those who don't know.

I was going to ask: anyone know anything about this pressing? There's a ton of the "1972" versions floating around in the States right now, but those are basically just CD versions pressed to vinyl, right?

Guest HokusPoker

By the way, I'm also still waiting for my vinyl I ordered from Bleep when in Germany, it was released on the 19th… Don't really care though, I don't think I'd be able to tell a difference between vinyl and my MP3s. Still it doesn't feel right, and I'd like to finally put my dirty fingers on that white perfection.

One question regarding those [XYZ mix] we see on this and many other albums: does that mean that he actually creates truly different mixes of his tracks and chooses one of them when he releases an album? Or is it just a nice way to add some more funky words to a track title? I know there's the Ventolin EP with six mixes of the original Ventolin, but these are clearly unrelated to oneanother, so he probably doesn't take that too seriously.

got my blerp vinylz today (Monday) in flyover nowheresville midwest usa

DAMN!!!

I'm not pre-ordering from Bleep again. I live in LOS FUCKING ANGELES and my package tracking says

• "Expected Delivery Day: Thursday, September 25, 2014"

suicide.gif

That's what I get for pre-ordering the instant it goes live.

If it doesn't come with crazy swag, I'm gonna raise hell.

I pre-ordered about 10 hours after you, I live in LA, and mine is supposedly out for delivery today. It's being shipped via UPS Ground and the tracking originated in Ypsilanti, Michigan. I dunno wtf

ypsi, Mi. that's an interesting spot for shipment origination. Lotta drugs up in that town, so maybe makes sense.

Update: I just got two, count 'em, two, new dispatch notices from Bleep saying my order of Syro Vinyl has just been dispatched today, even though it's currently on the UPS truck for delivery, and I got the shipment notification for today's delivery last week.

Dunno if I'm getting three vinyl Syros now or what, but uh....

Bleep pls

You can use the spares as frisbees.

I had a similar thing happen, I got two different dispatch emails saying it had been shipped on two different days.

I was going to ask: anyone know anything about this pressing? There's a ton of the "1972" versions floating around in the States right now, but those are basically just CD versions pressed to vinyl, right?

See Warp's original announcement of those represses: http://warp.net/records/aphex-twin/new-vinyl-represses

"'...I Care Because You Do' will be recut from the original vinyl production master tape. 'Richard D James Album' will be re-cut for vinyl from the CD master by Kevin Metcalfe, the original mastering engineer on '…I Care Because You Do'."

So, presuming the Bleep preorder is for another pressing of the above-mentioned reissue, the release is cut for vinyl from the CD master by someone who knows what he's doing, rather than some shit reissue label that acquired the US rights and the CD master.

Even if the 1972 and Warp reissues were sonically the same in every respect, the Warp reissue is 180g.

I have both the 1972 and Warp 2012 reissues of ...ICBYD, and the Warp reissue is just better in every possible way. Even the quality of the card stock used for the sleeve is better on the Warp reissue.

On a different vinyl note, does anyone know if there ended up being different contents inside of 3xLP copies sold by indie record stores as opposed to Bleep or other stores' copies?

Edited by bopslayer

So far...

- Still waiting for my Bleep LP (hoping it has goodies)

- Got my cd from amoeba yesterday. It came with a dropcard. I took the dropcard in to the store today. No dice. All of the extras were given away at the pre-release listening party (2 days prior to official release) that only people who followed the STORE ... not RDJ, Warp or Bleep ... in social media. Kinda lame.

- Picked up my other LP pre-order at another indie record shop in LA (Origami... I was the first one to do so when they opened... They'd been sitting on these LPs for 3 days. I know because I saw them behind the counter). Zero goodies.

just got mine today from bleep, several sticker things and bag, it came in a plastic clear case thinh with his face engraved on it.

surely a mistake, its not what i ordered, ah well, gotta love bleep for happy mistakes.

. art thou earnest?

See Warp's original announcement of those represses: http://warp.net/records/aphex-twin/new-vinyl-represses

"'...I Care Because You Do' will be recut from the original vinyl production master tape. 'Richard D James Album' will be re-cut for vinyl from the CD master by Kevin Metcalfe, the original mastering engineer on '…I Care Because You Do'."

So, presuming the Bleep preorder is for another pressing of the above-mentioned reissue, the release is cut for vinyl from the CD master by someone who knows what he's doing, rather than some shit reissue label that acquired the US rights and the CD master.

Even if the 1972 and Warp reissues were sonically the same in every respect, the Warp reissue is 180g.

I have both the 1972 and Warp 2012 reissues of ...ICBYD, and the Warp reissue is just better in every possible way. Even the quality of the card stock used for the sleeve is better on the Warp reissue.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

I keep getting momentarily excited when I see SAWII pop up in Amoeba Records, but I've been able to come to my senses upon seeing 1972 on the back.

just got mine today from bleep, several sticker things and bag, it came in a plastic clear case thinh with his face engraved on it.

surely a mistake, its not what i ordered, ah well, gotta love bleep for happy mistakes.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Dibs on unwanted stickers!