IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Any news on the news?

over in the thread about it jr hinted about gear again. i'm thinking it'll be a video performance with his electro-mechanical stuff.

That would be great. he did say something about hat music at some point, but he also hinted at the names of the next two album so...at least I think he did.

Hate to say it, but have heard Syro only 5 times, haven't heard it for two weeks and I haven't had any urge to hear it again...

Exactly this.

I love some of the tracks in it, but I have over 1k tracks to listen to... no time left for multiple listens.

And I don't really feel the urge either, iunno, it's odd.

Any news on the news?

over in the thread about it jr hinted about gear again. i'm thinking it'll be a video performance with his electro-mechanical stuff.

That would be great. he did say something about hat music at some point, but he also hinted at the names of the next two album so...at least I think he did.

All I know is that Joyrex was going crazy about the whole "badger" thing for quite a while. My bet is that it has to do something with a badger.

I have been listening to Syro daily since release. Usually multiple times straight through. It keeps getting better and better each time. It makes me want to stop whatever i'm doing and just LISTEN. Not enough music compels me this way.

I feel like it's a totally different experience based on however i end up listening, be it vinyl on headphones vs speakers, or various qualities of digital on headphone or speakers. Every configuration is unique. This album fascinates me as both an obsessive fan of music and compulsive maker of music.

Edited by omnii

I have been listening to Syro daily since release. Usually multiple times straight through. It keeps getting better and better each time. It makes me want to stop whatever i'm doing and just LISTEN. Not enough music compels me this way.

I feel like it's a totally different experience based on however i end up listening, be it vinyl on headphones vs speakers, or various qualities of digital on headphone or speakers. Every configuration is unique. This album fascinates me as both an obsessive fan of music and compulsive maker of music.

QFT

Finally got round to making an account, what did i miss?

was just checking your soundcloud profile(s) it's quite incredible, mind blowing,

great stuff man, i don't see those tunes downloadbale anywhere, any chance i can hear this is top quality ?

*sorry off topic*

QFT

yeah i came here to write something like this

this lp sounds so amazing blasted out loud on a soundsystem i think.

Hate to say it, but have heard Syro only 5 times, haven't heard it for two weeks and I haven't had any urge to hear it again...

Exactly this.

I love some of the tracks in it, but I have over 1k tracks to listen to... no time left for multiple listens.

Admittedly, after I wrote that I forcefully put on Syro and really enjoyed it, even to such a degree that I played it three times in a row and was humming some parts constantly at a party that night. But after that I still had hardly any urge to hear it again (but when I do...!). Like you said, there's so much good stuff to listen to. We are really spoiled basically :)

Exactly this.

Admittedly, after I wrote that I forcefully put on Syro and really enjoyed it, even to such a degree that I played it three times in a row and was humming some parts constantly at a party that night. But after that I still had hardly any urge to hear it again (but when I do...!). Like you said, there's so much good stuff to listen to. We are really spoiled basically :)

:beer:

giving it a listen now!

edit: fcuk I love this album

Edited by MIXL2

Finally got round to making an account, what did i miss?

was just checking your soundcloud profile(s) it's quite incredible, mind blowing,

great stuff man, i don't see those tunes downloadbale anywhere, any chance i can hear this is top quality ?

*sorry off topic*

Gonna start work on my bandcamp page shortly, more to come, high quality downloads will be available for purchase soon, i will give you all a shout

Exactly this.

I had exactly the same experience but with Druqks when it came out. Was such a massive disappointement after all the classic 90's albums. I liked it but it was blah. Took me maybe 5-10 years to fully appreciate it for what it is and to detach myself from the initial disappointment. Syro on the other hand is the album I was expecting when Druqks came out so it was an instant love affair.

Exactly this.

I had exactly the same experience but with Druqks when it came out. Was such a massive disappointement after all the classic 90's albums. I liked it but it was blah. Took me maybe 5-10 years to fully appreciate it for what it is and to detach myself from the initial disappointment. Syro on the other hand is the album I was expecting when Druqks came out so it was an instant love affair.

Drukqs blew me away when I first heard it and Syro was an instant hit for me.

Edited by Aural Unrest

Exactly this.

Drukqs blew me away when I first heard it and Syro was an instant hit for me.

See, every story is unique! :)

play this album, even if you don't have the urge to listen to it. you don't have the urge, because you haven't given it a chance yet, obv. it takes many a listens to fully wrap your head around his music, remember? you have to let it soak; rinse, repeat. play it so much that it becomes background noise to you, so you're not even listening at many points, and then when a poignant moment occurs it'll jolt you out of your slumber, and then you'll start to take notice of it's brilliance, i promise. the lansdcapes begin to form, and your free to explore. let the sounds soak subconsciously, through the pineal,. the quicker you tune out drope in or wehatever, the quicker you'll love this music