IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Many people hate to leave their comfort zone while listening to music and because of it they become stuck.

Is that similar to constantly walking around during a concert to find the best listening spot?

Yes, but opposite.

Guest WNS000

Many people hate to leave their comfort zone while listening to music and because of it they become stuck.

Is that similar to constantly walking around during a concert to find the best listening spot?

Ha ha, definitely.

For me, even attending a show is really far out of my comfort zone...

Yes, but opposite.

Heh

I don't find it his weakest album by a long shot.

Subjective, it is.

yeah, I mean, I love it, but I still think that if there's an "award" RDJ deserves is a life-time achievement or some shit like that, because I personally don`t like to judge Aphex music with albums, there are so many tracks, good/bad, that it's impossible for me to say I only prefer some albums, I always say tracks.

Edited by logakght

That is such a bullshit...

Sorry, but I think Syro is just selling well, isn't it...

maybe that afx is such a irish ...

isn't it...

hope he wins :rhubear3: lol what a list

Syro is sounding damn good to me right now after hearing about the EP coming out. Just knowing new stuff is coming so soon makes me love this release even more. I really don't know why..

Syro is sounding damn good to me right now after hearing about the EP coming out. Just knowing new stuff is coming so soon makes me love this release even more. I really don't know why..

Because it won't be the latest thing in the discography? That it will age somehow? I often had this strange feeling about new albums that they were some strangers in a discography. When their successor came out, they suddenly became good old buddies (provided they were good in the first place) :-)

Just finally got around to buying the album a few nights ago, and I feel like we've been given a real gift. I didnt wanna listen to the album in any form until i bought a physical copy once i finally had the mindset & space to listen and it was well worth the wait. He's back and is delivering again... Cant believe its been 14 years since an official Aphex Twin release... and the best part is that with Syro, i feel like rich isnt trying to rehash glory-day aphex nor is he simply making an analord pt 2 (both of which i would happily welcome- but would be a move id expect from anyone who hasnt released in so long). Instead he puts out a wall of futuristic liquid beats, both simple and complex, both acid-licious robot funk (windowlicker-ish / analordy ) and bullet spraying idm broken beat mindfuckery (ala drukqs) that manages to actually transcend those said releases, fuse parts of them together and propel the sounds into a completely new territory. Even though some may disagree or say Syro is lacking on production or cohesiveness, I feel like he's pushed the boundaries in subtle but still noticeable ways. Theres a sort of minimalism in these tracks which is hard to imagine how he attained, given that they are still relatively complex, layered and colorful. Track 3 is my current fav right now.. His incredible use of atmosphere, jazzy downtempo grooves and openness is refreshing and a perfect example of newish territory for Aphex. The color scheme/presentation on the art/casing is super fitting and brilliant. I actually hear white with some black and some green in the music so props to TDR for getting it spot on!

Looking fwd to the upcoming EP and to soaking in the album. Cheers to Syro!

Because it won't be the latest thing in the discography? That it will age somehow? I often had this strange feeling about new albums that they were some strangers in a discography. When their successor came out, they suddenly became good old buddies (provided they were good in the first place) :-)

I think you're on to something there. Funny how that works.

This might belong on its own 'silly' thread but do you think its possible that people on the autism spectrum have a better chance at liking Aphex?

thanks btw

|

v

lol. No problem.. but at least make it grammatically correct. 'about what is possible people' I lost you at that part.