IGNORED

Ae_Krakow

eclipsis

Another message from "that" guy:

take that Ae live set down please
its a bootleg of copyrighted material, you do not have permission to host or share
i have sent the link to sean and rob and passed your details on the web sheriff and warp digital

And this is the guy https://www.facebook.com/shaunkendrick

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahhahaha

web sheriff...

Another message from "that" guy:

take that Ae live set down please
its a bootleg of copyrighted material, you do not have permission to host or share
i have sent the link to sean and rob and passed your details on the web sheriff and warp digital

And this is the guy https://www.facebook.com/shaunkendrick

now, this is entitlement

what a mossy prude

The recording of our beloved band will not only reach the wider audience but also support me a little bit as an artist with a chance to be more recognized.

I am sorry, but this is unacceptable for me. You should not use other artists to promote yourself. Ask Ae if they agree to use their set to promote you. Otherwise you should not do that. It is beyond me how it crossed your mind, really.

lel

the entitlement...

No entitlement. It is my personal opinion as an artist. You should promote yourself by your product, not product of someone else. I would be so ashamed of myself to do that.

yeah, just joking. but I don´t think he´s really using them. jost pointing the fact that there's a chance, some people sharing this beast, might get curious about his music too

Yes, I would understand that if it was just a "coincidence". But he explicitly told us his intention to promote himself through the work of someone else. Morally unacceptable for me.

I bet Sean and Rob never ever played their own music during their DJ sets or when they were doing the pirate radio shows. Probably never even popped on their music when they were hanging out with friends and guessed they might like it. And god knows they've never sampled or remixed any other artist ever, because that could construed as using someone else's work to promote one's own music.

I know that the only reason I heard of them was not because they were associated with other artists I liked on a label who poured money into promoting the talent, but instead because I was literally alphabetically listening to every musical release that has ever existed...luckily their name starts with A! LOL I've heard lots about this Squarepusher cat but I'm only up to the E's right now; might make it to S before my 50th birthday.

Remixing, DJing etc. is a completely different thing to me than posting stuff of different artist on "my website" to promote myself. Remixing and DJing is an art in itself and therefore valid in my eyes. Pirate radio shows were hardly made in a name of Ae.

Jev, are you on drugs or something? I recorded, mastered and released a bootleg via my website. What the hell is wrong with that? I put a lot of time and energy into that recording. I just basically asked if you like my work (recording, mastering) please like my page. You seriously consider this behaviour bad?

Remixing, DJing etc. is a completely different thing to me than posting stuff of different artist on "my website" to promote myself. Remixing and DJing is an art in itself and therefore valid in my eyes. Pirate radio shows were hardly made in a name of Ae.

Well I listened to his stuff and it wasn't half bad. I was also grateful that he recorded and then mixed the recording as best he could. I don't find anything wrong with what he did; but you calling him out that he should or should not do anything is morally unacceptable to me. HOW U LIKE DEM APPLEZ

The recording of our beloved band will not only reach the wider audience but also support me a little bit as an artist with a chance to be more recognized.

I am sorry, but this is unacceptable for me. You should not use other artists to promote yourself. Ask Ae if they agree to use their set to promote you. Otherwise you should not do that. It is beyond me how it crossed your mind, really.

lel

the entitlement...

No entitlement. It is my personal opinion as an artist. You should promote yourself by your product, not product of someone else. I would be so ashamed of myself to do that.

yeah, just joking. but I don´t think he´s really using them. jost pointing the fact that there's a chance, some people sharing this beast, might get curious about his music too

Yes, I would understand that if it was just a "coincidence". But he explicitly told us his intention to promote himself through the work of someone else. Morally unacceptable for me.

I bet Sean and Rob never ever played their own music during their DJ sets or when they were doing the pirate radio shows. Probably never even popped on their music when they were hanging out with friends and guessed they might like it. And god knows they've never sampled or remixed any other artist ever, because that could construed as using someone else's work to promote one's own music.

I know that the only reason I heard of them was not because they were associated with other artists I liked on a label who poured money into promoting the talent, but instead because I was literally alphabetically listening to every musical release that has ever existed...luckily their name starts with A! LOL I've heard lots about this Squarepusher cat but I'm only up to the E's right now; might make it to S before my 50th birthday.

so what if he promotes himself? in the worst scenario people will hear ae live (that he recorded) and will know about him and his website. that'd be the end of the world, really!

thank you eclipsis, an incredible gift

if anybody's interested in remaster of the master here it is: https://www.sendspace.com/file/n3toou

big thnx to eclipsis!!!

recorded and mastered by eclipsis

remastered by xox

damn, fantastic job on that... have you remastered any other live sets?

can't remember uploading any other here. if you have some particular live on your mind i'd be glad to try. maybe the LA2008? i think i have the original somewhere.

xox, LA2008 would be great; any audience recording of the Quaristice or Oversteps tours would be amazing really, but do what you can. Sadly don't see any of the 2010 era stuff in the downloads section! i have some on an old external hd i can dig up if needed.

so here's the LA2008 live, mastered by me, my fav of that year. share this thing ppl! enjoy! can someone pls upload it to the watmm storage?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pbde3u

for 2010 lives please ask someone else. mastering + exporting + uploading this thing took me half of this day. can't any-mo-re...

if anybody's interested in remaster of the master here it is: https://www.sendspace.com/file/n3toou

big thnx to eclipsis!!!

remastered by xox

can't remember uploading any other here. if you have some particular live on your mind i'd be glad to try. maybe the LA2008? i think i have the original somewhere.

xox, LA2008 would be great; any audience recording of the Quaristice or Oversteps tours would be amazing really, but do what you can. Sadly don't see any of the 2010 era stuff in the downloads section! i have some on an old external hd i can dig up if needed.

so here's the LA2008 live, mastered by me, my fav of that year. share this thing ppl! enjoy! can someone pls upload it to the watmm storage?

for 2010 lives please ask someone else. mastering + exporting + uploading this thing took me half of this day. can't any-mo-re...

I think the Melbourne set is the best 2010 recording out there

Jev, are you on drugs or something? I recorded, mastered and released a bootleg via my website. What the hell is wrong with that? I put a lot of time and energy into that recording. I just basically asked if you like my work (recording, mastering) please like my page. You seriously consider this behaviour bad?

A lot of time and energy? Tell this to somebody who does not have any experience with audio and music production. Not me. Nothing you do with the bootleg will justify promoting your own production through the work of another artist. If you have not said your intentions explicitly, I could let it be. But you said it explicitly and that upset me. Share the bootleg, promote the bootleg, spread the Ae truth but don't promote yourself and your work explicitly using the bootleg. I am not on drugs. I have some moral principles (maybe drugs for you?). That is all.

I do it because I respect Ae's work and because I respect honest artists that does not need to use cheap advertisement methods. Sorry.

so what if he promotes himself? in the worst scenario people will hear ae live (that he recorded) and will know about him and his website. that'd be the end of the world, really!

This is simply about moral principles of artists. Nothing else.

big thnx to eclipsis!!!

remastered by xox

I think the Melbourne set is the best 2010 recording out there

the melbourne sounds the best but the LA is the only one i've heard that's flawless regarding synchronizations of melodies and rhythms. there are others but for example take the melody that kicks at 26:21...it's rightly synced only on the LA2008 recording.

now the LA2008 sounds the best ;)

oh shit! you were talking about 2010?!

Basically. The whole problem for me is that you, eclipsis, have shared your calculated intentions explicitly. I have no problem with the bootleg being on your facebook page.

i'll try to remaster the LA2008 and to upload some of the 2010 lives or at least the best sounding one.

Well, looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking Ayahuasca

heh...from the next monday then?

Will agree with Jev on this: it's one thing going to a gig, recording the whole thing with permission from the artist and uploading; and another thing attempting to promote one's recording/mastering 'work' through releasing a bootleg.

I'm on the Jev's side in principle (though there is too much of Jev lately and it clearly fuels his relentlessness - no i'm not asking for the drawn-out discussion of this audacious remark), yet by taking a look at eclipsis' page he really doesn't look like someone who's into shameless self-promoting, the guy takes music production seriously and, i guess, he's a bit tired by the lack of audience, so he took this chance to attract attention of people who's likely happen share his taste. It's a really minor human weakness that anybody's prone for.

I somehow suspected that releasing this would backfire. Well here we go. But there are always haters. So I guess I'll just...

Mate, there is absolutely no problem in releasing a bootleg with an artist's permission.

The only thing that is against my moral principles is this text of yours (and therefore your mindset):

"I'm now having an idea to spread it even more, could you please share this facebook post if you happen to have a facebook account? The recording of our beloved band will not only reach the wider audience but also support me a little bit as an artist with a chance to be more recognized. And if you want to thank me directly you can like my fb page (I know that some of you did and appreciate it dearly!!)."

I understand you are probably in some way desperate (no offence at all) as you have, clearly, invested some time and effort in doing art. I just don't think this is a good way of promoting yourself really.

We are happy you have provided us with the recording (and that you have even cared to ask Ae for permission) but the promotion part of the release is a completely different thing that I cannot agree with.

This is nothing personal against you. I am just an artist with principles.

I'm with eclipsis, he is not exploiting anything, he's just put a lot of effort into capturing this awesome mix for us. I mean just recording it alone is a pain in the ass. You gotta bring a recording device, find a good spot and basically stand there and divert half of your attention to making sure the recorder is still running and isn't being muffled at all. You can't walk to the bar to get drinks during the show, you can't take a leak, you can't have any sort of dialog. That's a gigantic pain in the ass when all you really want to do at a show like this is dance like a maniac - an act that likely would jeopardize the quality of the recording.

Then on top of it he masters it and uploads it for us. So he wants to drum up a bit of web traffic in the process. Victimless crime. If S&R want to release official recordings then I would consider it morally reprehensible but since they don't (and they have explicitly condoned it) I don't see any issue. The recording doesn't have advertisement at the beginning or end or anywhere throughout, and I found it was incredibly easy to just go there and download the recording. At no point did I feel like I was being marketed to, but the site was there and I could have checked it out tangentially if I was so inclined.

Jev, get off your high horse. He's not selling it, he's not even really advertising at all. He's just making a point that he went to the effort and provided a good quality recording and maybe you want to see what else he's good at. Plain and simple.

Eclipsis don't feel bad, there are always people who will find some reason why anything you could possibly do is wrong.

Eclipsis don't feel bad, there are always people who will find some reason why anything you could possibly do is wrong.

With this sentence, you have completely devalued the post.

I would never ever criticize his effort with the bootleg if it wasn't for the advertisement thing. I am not that kind of guy. I really appreciate that he has delivered the bootleg and I thanked him for it. I just simply don't agree with his mindset and intentions that accompanied the release. That is all.

With the logic you describe, it would be honourable for me as an artist to be working hard on an album for few years and then advertise it in connection with my already popular favourite artist. The artist would not be acquainted of it.

I am sorry, but that would completely devalue me as an artist and my hard work. I don't see any honourable reason for doing this.

Archived