IGNORED

Ae_Krakow

eclipsis

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with eclipsis, he is not exploiting anything, he's just put a lot of effort into capturing this awesome mix for us. I mean just recording it alone is a pain in the ass. You gotta bring a recording device, find a good spot and basically stand there and divert half of your attention to making sure the recorder is still running and isn't being muffled at all. You can't walk to the bar to get drinks during the show, you can't take a leak, you can't have any sort of dialog. That's a gigantic pain in the ass when all you really want to do at a show like this is dance like a maniac - an act that likely would jeopardize the quality of the recording.

Then on top of it he masters it and uploads it for us. So he wants to drum up a bit of web traffic in the process. Victimless crime. If S&R want to release official recordings then I would consider it morally reprehensible but since they don't (and they have explicitly condoned it) I don't see any issue. The recording doesn't have advertisement at the beginning or end or anywhere throughout, and I found it was incredibly easy to just go there and download the recording. At no point did I feel like I was being marketed to, but the site was there and I could have checked it out tangentially if I was so inclined.

Jev, get off your high horse. He's not selling it, he's not even really advertising at all. He's just making a point that he went to the effort and provided a good quality recording and maybe you want to see what else he's good at. Plain and simple.

Eclipsis don't feel bad, there are always people who will find some reason why anything you could possibly do is wrong.

Thank you, man! I'm glad you can see it from my point of view.

yep, you don't like his attitude, we get it. also you didn't like the performance itself. why so many posts, jev?

Haters are always the most vocal. They're angry because something that appeals to a lot of people doesn't appeal to them and they feel like they have to express it over and over again. The best way is to ignore people like that. They will get tired eventually.

Also Sean messaged me that what I'm doing is fine and even smart. (Btw. I won't quote the exact words or post any pics because I think it's rude to publish a personal conversation like that so please don't ask me to do that.)

Fucking fuck fuckers! Just found this and listening now. Absolutely undiluted STORMING Autechre.

Bloody nora!

That has made me feel much better after all that Syro bollocks.

All hail Autechre. This is massive.

Jezzbus so much bitching over a bootleg recording. Thanks again eclipsis, really appreciate you recording the gig. I would be the worst person for standing still in a sweetspot to record an entire performance - I generally end up all over the place, leaping and screaming like a mad lord

fuck me that thing that starts at ~31min is so mental and groovy at the same time.

that youtube clip quality is better indeed so that biz with eclipsis's lame promotion can be closed as he's no longer relevant.

yep, you don't like his attitude, we get it. also you didn't like the performance itself. why so many posts, jev?

Because people are replying to me with different arguments that I want to answer?

Haters are always the most vocal. They're angry because something that appeals to a lot of people doesn't appeal to them and they feel like they have to express it over and over again. The best way is to ignore people like that. They will get tired eventually.

Are you calling everyone with different opinion than yours haters? I believe I am using completely valid, non-offensively written arguments to express my personal opinions and beliefs about art. I also honestly thanked you for recording and releasing the bootleg. Is that making me a hater? I don't get it.

guys, check this out - great quality recording.

http://youtu.be/iyIfXFsdNAE

Amazing. Thank you very much. It sounds very good indeed.

Jev I don't think anyone is calling you a jerk but at a certain point as a creator you have to decide when to consider criticism and when to just start ignoring it.

Fair enough, mate. That is enough indication for me to stop this.

Just downloading the mp3 now, so this is better quality than the eclipses version (no offence fella)?

To me, this recording has much more prominent rhythm elements and therefore I consider it better. Eclipsis' recording sound colour might be better for someone. Oh, and eclipsis' recording is more complete while this new one is missing a bit of a start.

Jev I don't think anyone is calling you a jerk but at a certain point as a creator you have to decide when to consider criticism and when to just start ignoring it.

Fair enough, mate. That is enough indication for me to stop this.

nice

Just downloading the mp3 now, so this is better quality than the eclipses version (no offence fella)?

To me, this recording has much more prominent rhythm elements and therefore I consider it better. Eclipsis' recording sound colour might be better for someone. Oh, and eclipsis' recording is more complete while this new one is missing a bit of a start.

EDIT: Actually this is the sound quality I would love to hear live on the venue. With such clarity I would definitely be satisfied. I wonder where in the room it was captured.

Non offence taken, guys :). The recording is somewhat superior in sound so I understand why you like it but I'll keep listening to mine because it is tight to the place where I lost my ae-live-virginity :D.

Non offence taken, guys :). The recording is somewhat superior in sound so I understand why you like it but I'll keep listening to mine because it is tight to the place where I lost my ae-live-virginity :D.

That is very understandable. Emotions are powerful things.

OK, this new recording is definitely recorded close to one of the speakers (therefore the bass clarity and less room tone) as some panned sounds are much less prominent than on eclipsis' recording. And because eclipsis was in the middle under the small frontal speaker that was there.

So both recordings has their strengths and weaknesses.

Archived