IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

It's kind of funny that we get 112 tracks, almost 9 hours, of new music, and so many people are pointing out the "Japan" track that was released over 20 years ago as a highlight lel

I mean, what are you doing listening to 9 hours of leftovers when you haven't even listened to the official releases

The problem is it actually is a highlight because it's fucking excellent.

I guess not hearing a total of 3 or 4 tracks that aren't widely distributed anymore means I can't aphex. Oh well, I won't be losing any sleep over it.

With the praise both this one and Space Beat are getting, I imagine a lot of people are going to be digging out 26 Remixes and discovering some underrated gems.

8 utopia isn't getting enough attention. It's like a prostate massage. Not that I've ever had one but I guess that's how it feels.

So far, I've been coming back to that one the most.

Any thoughts on why the Red Calx metronome just drops out after the first minute (or half minute)?

Also, tracks like Organ, the later stuff, I think were not release ready but were more like detailed sketches leading up to release ready versions.

Do we have a download link knocking around for the 320k versions? When i download them off soundcloud only gives me 75 tracks...

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:FE653M2DT47WTDHSDIZP3SCYZEFC7DJR&dn=earlyAFX320&tr=udp://open.demonii.com:1337/announce

It's kind of funny that we get 112 tracks, almost 9 hours, of new music, and so many people are pointing out the "Japan" track that was released over 20 years ago as a highlight lel

I mean, what are you doing listening to 9 hours of leftovers when you haven't even listened to the official releases

I guess not hearing a total of 3 or 4 tracks that aren't widely distributed anymore means I can't aphex. Oh well, I won't be losing any sleep over it.

With the praise both this one and Space Beat are getting, I imagine a lot of people are going to be digging out 26 Remixes and discovering some underrated gems.

26 mixes is an amazing collection, oft overlooked IMO.

Guest Londonskater

Yep. I definitely have two different versions of 11 phlangebeat - as I mentioned before.

The longer works its way into Ventolin (Praze-An-Beeble) for a good few bars unlike the shorter one which kind of just hints at it.

I'm without Internet (aside from my phone) until tomorrow. At that point, I'll upload both so someone infinitely wiser than me can dissect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My ipod is small and shitty and I can't fit every song in it.

Someone make me a Best of CD.

Now.

Right.

Now.

just bring your laptop out so you can carry on f5ing the sc page while on the bus, walking the dogs, food shopping etc..,.

That's not my point though, I mean, I don't care that you didn't listen to every single obscure track like a TRVE APHEX FAN should, don't take it so seriously. But I still find it funny that, of the more than a hundred new tracks we got, people gush over the only one that's already been released. Not in a "oh god why haven't you listened to every single track like a REAL FAN LIKE ME" way, but in a "well that's ironic" way

Guest Londonskater

That's not my point though, I mean, I don't care that you didn't listen to every single obscure track like a TRVE APHEX FAN should, don't take it so seriously. But I still find it funny that, of the more than a hundred new tracks we got, people gush over the only one that's already been released. Not in a "oh god why haven't you listened to every single track like a REAL FAN LIKE ME" way, but in a "well that's ironic" way

Makes sense to me, though.

It confirms that this track was "the one" to release.

Correct choice made, RDJ.

yes indeed ! the mike flowers pops remix is an all time fav !

Guest Xtal WAVsurfer

Do we have a download link knocking around for the 320k versions? When i download them off soundcloud only gives me 75 tracks...

I dig this one.

Guest Londonskater

The Nine Inch Nails remixes are beautiful.

have you performed the ritual?

I touched my tones whist reciting the Formula maths out loud.

I dig this one.

And it worked! thanks!

My favourites are probably:

Gentle People - Journey (aphex twin care remix)

The beatniks - Une Femme N’est Pas Un Homme (Aphex Twin Mix)

Nobukazu Takemura - Let my fish loose (aphex twin remix)

My favourites are probably:

The beatniks - Une Femme N’est Pas Un Homme (Aphex Twin Mix)

Nobukazu Takemura - Let my fish loose (aphex twin remix)

good choice . The gentle people remix is deep !

Guest colonelchibbers

Does anyone understand why a huge number of the later tracks take on the same regular rising and falling wave shape? Were they like that before and I just didn't notice or does that have something to do with his mastering?

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

:catsalute:

how am i supposed to do things when 8 1/2 hours aphex 320

sorry i couldnt make it because aphex made his songs downloadable and they're at 320

lol. I know this feel

Oh man, listening to red calx then red calx [slo] was fucking profound. Like some Disintegration Tapes up in here.

Mmm, Disintegration Tapes :catcry:

i think thats a default soundcloud thing when the page hasn't loaded fully etc

Does anyone understand why a huge number of the later tracks take on the same regular rising and falling wave shape? Were they like that before and I just didn't notice or does that have something to do with his mastering?

Edited by Kingdom of Heaven