IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Where's that beat on "how much I wanted you" that breaks in briefly from? Start as you mean to go on? Also reminds me of that track off "feed me weird things"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been answered earlier in the thread:

Come On You Slags

Where's that beat on "how much I wanted you" that breaks in briefly from? Start as you mean to go on? Also reminds me of that track off "feed me weird things"

This has been answered earlier in the thread:

Come On You Slags

Cheeeerrrz

35 Japan sounds a lot like Balam Acab 10+ years before Balam released anything.

yeah it does ,but way better. I think it's a pretty nice reminder to a lot of newer producers today like Balam Acab that a single electronic musician invented/refined so many original styles over such a relatively short period of time. I would like to think of it as some kind of challenge and encouragement for new producers especially to break out of the box more and not feel comfortable staying with one genre/sound palette too long, and hopefully see why its a good thing to keep trying new types of sounds

Yeah. There aren't any newer contemporary electronic artists that are as prolific/varied/innovative as AFX was in the 90's that I can think of. Not saying there aren't any great artists right now or anything. Just nobody seems to have that amount of freedom and abandon in their work.

Coil is one of the only other acts I can think of who explored such varied territory (if we're talking strictly 'electronic music')

its just very inspiring. I know that the same can be gathered from just listening to his discography, but this just blows the doors off everything for me. Its very hard to explain. like i was saying in earlier post, the implications this has not just for fans but for the entire world of electronic music will not be felt immediately but will have a huge impact. Maybe im just a really excited fan who is losing my grip on reality

Another one of my very favorite groups, definitely top 5. It would be difficult for me to give someone not familiar with their work a starting point because it is so varied.

yeah it does ,but way better. I think it's a pretty nice reminder to a lot of newer producers today like Balam Acab that a single electronic musician invented/refined so many original styles over such a relatively short period of time. I would like to think of it as some kind of challenge and encouragement for new producers especially to break out of the box more and not feel comfortable staying with one genre/sound palette too long, and hopefully see why its a good thing to keep trying new types of sounds

Yeah. There aren't any newer contemporary electronic artists that are as prolific/varied/innovative as AFX was in the 90's that I can think of. Not saying there aren't any great artists right now or anything. Just nobody seems to have that amount of freedom and abandon in their work.

Coil is one of the only other acts I can think of who explored such varied territory (if we're talking strictly 'electronic music')

its just very inspiring. I know that the same can be gathered from just listening to his discography, but this just blows the doors off everything for me. Its very hard to explain. like i was saying in earlier post, the implications this has not just for fans but for the entire world of electronic music will not be felt immediately but will have a huge impact. Maybe im just a really excited fan who is losing my grip on reality

as a huge coil fan, i agree, and i was about to suggest it would be great if they did something like what afx just did too... but :(

Guest bitroast

Here are a couple of files I remastered for you all. A louder sounding version of bellbrk with the loud subs made a bit more managable, and utopia with the low mids softened and those hi-freq fm sounds less harsh.

bellbrk (limited/compressed): https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5oeo6phip6mwt8/bellbrk%20%28limited%29.mp3?dl=0

utopia (EQ): https://www.dropbox.com/s/25tniohmlvcb4t0/8%20utopia%20%28EQ%29.mp3?dl=0

awesome thank you!!

bellbrk was definitely a song that took a while to really listen to and i think the muddy eqing and audio levels was playing a part to that.

if you do any more pls share! :)

Here are a couple of files I remastered for you all. A louder sounding version of bellbrk with the loud subs made a bit more managable, and utopia with the low mids softened and those hi-freq fm sounds less harsh.

bellbrk (limited/compressed): https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5oeo6phip6mwt8/bellbrk%20%28limited%29.mp3?dl=0

utopia (EQ): https://www.dropbox.com/s/25tniohmlvcb4t0/8%20utopia%20%28EQ%29.mp3?dl=0

Thanks, man.

Truth is, it saddens me that some of these tracks go trough life unmastered and unreleased. There's plenty potential for a couple of classic afx albums in this 'dump'. Bellbrk and Utopia are good examples. With the original mastering it doesn't quite comes to life as it could. Or should even. Properly mastered, Bellbrk would have fitted great on ICBYD. Utopia possibly too, but that one is more difficult to place in his discography. At least, to me it is.

Might be a good idea to rerelease old albums with an extra disc of chosen tracks from the vault which match the album, I think. All mastered properly. I understand Richie wont be interested in going through all the shit to do such a thing. But somehow I believe his involvement could be minimised. He's the executive calling the shots. Other people can do the dirty work. He just needs someone he could trust mastering his tracks, I guess.

...nvmnd though, I'm too naive for this shit. Just think these tracks deserve more.

Just wondering has anyone bothered to upload all of the files to one dropbox link now they can all be downloaded at 320kbps?

Yeah this. Please? Pretty please? Help me help my newborn daughter care because you do.

It surprises me to read so many calls for a traditional release, and efforts to somehow categorise this and seperate the tracks into years, aliases etc. To me, this past week has been the exact opposite of that, and something I've been waiting for for years. Somebody embracing the web and breaking free of that ancient 'twelve songs on a disc for a tenner' mould entirely. For me, this IS the album and the delivery method. It's new and unexplained and chaotic and unwieldy but isn't that everything RDJ has always been? I'd much rather hear him move on to his next project than wait six months for this stuff on a bunch of discs.

But that's just me / not that there's anything wrong with that etc

Edited by Ohm

Thanks!

It surprises me to read so many calls for a traditional release, and efforts to somehow categorise this and seperate the tracks into years, aliases etc. To me, this past week has been the exact opposite of that, and something I've been waiting for for years. Somebody embracing the web and breaking free of that ancient 'twelve songs on a disc for a tenner' mould entirely. For me, this IS the album and the delivery method. It's new and unexplained and chaotic and unwieldy but isn't that everything RDJ has always been? I'd much rather hear him move on to his next project than wait six months for this stuff on a bunch of discs.

totally agree

Thanks!

totally agree
+1

as a huge coil fan, i agree, and i was about to suggest it would be great if they did something like what afx just did too... but :(

actually this Aphex soundcloud dump makes it even more weird imo that the guy who runs Brainwashed has possession over Peter's unreleased Coil collection, from his description he made it sound like Coil had several unreleased full albums and also entire album length outtake alternate version of existing albums that only he has heard. Hope he sees this example and decides to release what he has free of charge

Guest daswurzelwerk

why did I miss this? Love you Rich!!

slo bird whistle is cute btw ... chirp chirp!

so much to listen to for free, I'm simply speechless!

i keep listening and listening, i love the spotlight and playlist order he's chose

fun fact that he removed all the stats, it's also smart, numbers and stats are always more negative than positive

35 Japan is clearly THE masterpiece to me, it's mysterious, torn, haunting, gives me goosebumps and 11 minutes length of outstanding indus/hiphop beats

3 hollow alias ab6

4 how to science ab6

5 how to science 2 ab6

2 dual acid ab6

= bitrate 256

vibert remix 5 edit max c

= bitrate 192

(vocoderdisco)

= bitrate 160

4 the rest i don't listen, but a lot of are 320 as bitrate...

nobody wants 2 answer me & prefer 2 leave me in doubt ... :cry:

Well, I thought I had listened to everything officially released, but I never came across 35 Japan. Could you tell me where you get it from?

Check this out

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgFqZngDOQvgdF9VUDdablNwMDRaQVJTMmN1N3VybEE&authkey=CMfYxLgG&hl=en&authkey=CMfYxLgG#gid=0

Woa, cool list. Never heard some, gotta check richards hairpiece, perc 6 and shotkeya

Shotkeya? What? Never listen this tracks! Who can help me, please? Want 2 listen it! :spiteful:

Finished organizing my files, and I've uploaded them in case anyone wants them, free account though so I don't know how much bandwidth/how many downloads I'm allowed:

https://mega.co.nz/#!oQYhiZLR!0JgeqyNmIi2kCJDCTuO3-6Dt3tnKFk1r9K2TO1kb4Yo

112 tracks (110 downloaded from Soundcloud + the 128 kbps streaming versions of the 2 that were only briefly available).

I've left the filenames unchanged, but tags are as follows.

Artist: AFX (it's the hashtag he added to nearly every track and I thought it unnecessary to make exceptions for the couple of aphex/pbod/... ones).

Album: user48736353001

Track number: Order they were uploaded

Title: As on Soundcloud (so sometimes different from the file name)

I also added his comments and embedded the artwork for each track.

If someone downloads this and finds anything wrong with it (bad files or errors in the tags or whatever), let me know.

That would be nice if it's with dropbox... but I will not make my shit disturber, I leave you alone... :rolleyes:

dl1.png

dl2.png

Oh yeah! Thanks! I wanted an answer, and it took me to read many pages to get there ... I wanted a quick answer: I have two days to have it! lol :catbleed:

Guest bitroast

Bellbrk would have fitted great on ICBYD. Utopia possibly too, but that one is more difficult to place in his discography. At least, to me it is.

SAW85-92 !

I think Shotkeya is just Schottkey 7th Path, you're not missing anything

Thanks! I believe it's another version of it... but if you tell me it's the same track... i believe in u ;-)

It's one of my favourite "Weird introspective feeling" tracks, so if there is another version floating about in the nether, I'd love for it to surface.

I think Shotkeya is just Schottkey 7th Path, you're not missing anything

Thanks! I believe it's another version of it... but if you tell me it's the same track... i believe in u ;-)

Shotkeya is exactly the same as Schottkey 7th Path but wrongly titled underneath the video that it was accompanied it, just like Ageispolis became 'Aegosopolis' (although that was MTV's Party Zone).

http://www.discogs.com/Various-3-Lux-3/release/339476