IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

5 sline is my no.1 favourite tune right now.. Sounds early Gescom.

I love sline too; I think the higher synth sounds like a Novachord, although I'm not aware of RDJ having one, nor am I in any way a synthly knowledgeable person so probably disregard

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Have the likes been disabled on the tracks? I don't know much about soundcloud but they've suddenly disappeared for me.

Looks like likes and number of plays have been hidden - for Richard's eyes only from now on. Actually bodes well for possible release of the most popular tracks possibly?

Btw if you get youtube-dl and run this command in your terminal, it will download all of the original files.

youtube-dl "https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001"

Thanks for the suggestion!

Btw, if you look at the metatags on VLC player (on OSX at least) it shows which software was used for encoding. The majority of the tracks are encoded with iTunes 12.0.1.26 (which I guess is the latest itunes avalaible, so it's a fresh compression), AB6 is encoded with iTunes v5.0.0.35, Luke Vibert remix with iTunes v4.6.0.15, and so on... the only track not encoded with itunes is (vocoder disco) is encoded with SoundJam v2.5.3

Edited by pierlu

Have the likes been disabled on the tracks? I don't know much about soundcloud but they've suddenly disappeared for me.

Looks like likes and number of plays have been hidden - for Richard's eyes only from now on. Actually bodes well for possible release of the most popular tracks possibly?

Yes.

This is all idle speculation, but if the plans from that 2010 interview come to fruition (like Syro and the modular trax did) then maybe he is planning an unreleased best of and this whole endevour might be an overly generous marketing/promotional experiment to help him finally whittle down a tracklist for a single release. It would explain why Warp seem to be ok with it if they're gonna see some cash at the end.

If that's true then we might be able predict what will appear judging from reactions on here/elsewhere and the last known play/likecount.

Guest Londonskater

It's kind of funny that we get 112 tracks, almost 9 hours, of new music, and so many people are pointing out the "Japan" track that was released over 20 years ago as a highlight lel

I mean, what are you doing listening to 9 hours of leftovers when you haven't even listened to the official releases

The problem is it actually is a highlight because it's fucking excellent.

I guess not hearing a total of 3 or 4 tracks that aren't widely distributed anymore means I can't aphex. Oh well, I won't be losing any sleep over it.

That's not my point though, I mean, I don't care that you didn't listen to every single obscure track like a TRVE APHEX FAN should, don't take it so seriously. But I still find it funny that, of the more than a hundred new tracks we got, people gush over the only one that's already been released. Not in a "oh god why haven't you listened to every single track like a REAL FAN LIKE ME" way, but in a "well that's ironic" way

Makes sense to me, though.

It confirms that this track was "the one" to release.

Correct choice made, RDJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that and Shit Smothered

Actual lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is looking to make their own 320 version like i did, Red Calx [slo] needs to be sped up by 100% to match the original. It's worth it.

Edited by omnii

Any thoughts on why the Red Calx metronome just drops out after the first minute (or half minute)?

I'd assume it was cut from an improvisation or similar where he had a metronome going while recording the loop into a sequencer, then dropped it out when it was done.. or something.

It's such a dry metronome sound! Would be great through some reverb like blue calx/stone in focus.

Yes.

This is all idle speculation, but if the plans from that 2010 interview come to fruition (like Syro and the modular trax did) then maybe he is planning an unreleased best of and this whole endevour might be an overly generous marketing/promotional experiment to help him finally whittle down a tracklist for a single release. It would explain why Warp seem to be ok with it if they're gonna see some cash at the end.

If that's true then we might be able predict what will appear judging from reactions on here/elsewhere and the last known play/likecount.

i'm dreaming already!!!

btw 28 organ is "non playable" now ??!! ideas? :emotawesomepm9:

Yes.

i'm dreaming already!!!

btw 28 organ is "non playable" now ??!! ideas? :emotawesomepm9:

It's playing here, but it looks like the tracks are being moved around again, a few are now showing above the 'All' playlist on the profile.

Guest cult fiction

Love the little details on the vibert remix file:

vibert remix 5 edit max c
tahnees18@yahoo.co.uk

luke viberts mum

This must've been the original mp3 he sent in, classic

35 Japan brings me back to the ol' days were I was a 14/5 years old shy, introvert pseudoautistic boy imagininh how to kill everyone.

what's with the random avatar then ;)

Edited by B1000

35 Japan brings me back to the ol' days were I was a 14/5 years old shy, introvert pseudoautistic boy imagininh how to kill everyone.

what's with the random avatar then ;)

she's hot, I know :) she and me had some history but not anymore, tho I still love how beautiful she is.

I was thinking about doing that, but mostly for homemade comps of favorite tracks -that sort of thing. Not sure I'll actually follow through with that. Most of these tracks match up remarkably well sonically with one another.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova