IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

papat4 live papat4 live papat4 live tunage!!!

anyway I was watching arca because I thought they're gonna play a bit togheter on the same stage and I believe I've seen Weirdcore shit on her visuals... did I really?

anyway, it took a complete stranger to tell me that I was on the wrong stage... I almost missed Richie, again...

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Haha 2

On 8/31/2023 at 10:20 PM, diatoms said:

to celebrate the end of summer aphex tour

what are your stories/memories/influences/favorite songs/favorite afx shows/wisdom of aphex twin

write your piece about aphex as something fun for rdj to read and see how much he's really made a difference in our lives

thanks rdj!!!

all emotion/reactions left on all posts from the bottom pulldown (love, happy, sad, confused, big brain, thanks, burger, farnsworth and pitcard facepalm) from now til tuesday september 12 @ 16:20 irish time will be added up and one london 19.08.23 card will be gifted to the aphex fan that gets the highest:)

:aphexsign: thanks for all the acid  :aphexsign:

I was only in my earliest teenage years after Drukqs came and it changed my whole view of music and electronics in general. 
I literally started to became interested in electronic inventions after hearing it. 

Back then I only listen to HipHop. I was a graffiti writer so I hang out with them and some b-boys and drug users. 
One of my friends at the home party gave me the Drukqs CD to listen to. And back home I was totally blown away.. 
I did research and his aliases and so much music in different flavor was everywhere suddenly and I thought he was some kind of Electronic music giant that was superior of everyone and everything in the music scene. 

Under that time of the teen years your emotions are much stronger to stuff ofc.. I find out more about different artists like Ae, BoC, Squarepusher etc... 
But Aphex Twin stood out for sure. Then Analord came and that was the time I was even more blown away! :aphexsign:

I got tons of sad stories which his music has helped me alot to keep pushing and want to continue. Even with darkest thoughts of ending it all I was too touched of music and curiosity so I couldn't do it.. I want to explore, listen and hearing this music over and over again.. Still to this day I can easily pick upp a hand full of Aphex tracks to have on loop all days long!
Then I feel home and safe in myself. Like I'm a part of this music.. Maybe we are a cult? lol 

Peace! Thank u RDJ! 💜

• Like 7

Just woke up and the first thing I heard is RDJ played this track last night in Bristol.. 
I just had to put it on! Blast in full volume and It is still so unbelievable good! :aphexsign:

• Like 4
  • Big Brain 1

19 minutes ago, cern said:

Just woke up and the first thing I heard is RDJ played this track last night in Bristol.. 
I just had to put it on! Blast in full volume and It is still so unbelievable good! :aphexsign:

My fave!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cern said:

One of my favourite Analords!

• Like 3

On 8/31/2023 at 8:20 AM, diatoms said:

to celebrate the end of summer aphex tour

what are your stories/memories/influences/favorite songs/favorite afx shows/wisdom of aphex twin

write your piece about aphex as something fun for rdj to read and see how much he's really made a difference in our lives

thanks rdj!!!

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with my life before I heard aphex for the first time two decades ago. Today I make my own oscillators in Reaktor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

had the most amazing weekend :aphexsign: lisbon and bristol had incredible sound, raved my ass off. i'm gonna go over the bristol show and find that chest shaking bass track that was the heaviest i've ever experienced, shook the flim loose, ha:)

met up with @cruising for burgers and raved and talked before and after. gave me a car ride to the airport and put on blackbox ep for the journey, magic:)

@Mattthegoone the LEGEND!! got me a tape at bristol (THANKS!) cause i didn't show up until 19:40 with gates closing at 20:00. didn't catch up with him until the aphex afters with vibert. that was a fun night:)

i remember luke vibert also playing synthacon 9, got real excited hearing it twice within a couple of hours. i don't know if he would've known aphex only just played it at forwards. they know each other so well maybe they were on the same frequency 🙃

best summer of me life :aphexsign:

just noticed the center writing is back since i stopped writing in the middle but i'll not use it except in special occasions, ha:)

• Like 6

On 9/1/2023 at 12:19 AM, Bubba69 said:

once.. up - on - a - time... there - were .. 3 - bears... mum - my - bear... dad - dy - bear ...

once.. up - on - a - time... there - were .. 3 - bears... mum - my - bear... dad - dy - bear ...

dadddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyw9ubuasbdousadbf -- daddy - b - b -buuuuuuuuuuu - bay -bee - bearrrrrrrr .... eaeaaeae

EDIT: jinx

@Bubba69 in the lead with a week left to go,    7  e moji

the more you moji others they may return the love

i'm putting one on all the posts to be neutrally positive:)

:aphexsign:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, diatoms said:

had the most amazing weekend :aphexsign: lisbon and bristol had incredible sound, raved my ass off. i'm gonna go over the bristol show and find that chest shaking bass track that was the heaviest i've ever experienced, shook the flim loose, ha:)

met up with @cruising for burgers and raved and talked before and after. gave me a car ride to the airport and put on blackbox ep for the journey, magic:)

@Mattthegoone the LEGEND!! got me a tape at bristol (THANKS!) cause i didn't show up until 19:40 with gates closing at 20:00. didn't catch up with him until the aphex afters with vibert. that was a fun night:)

i remember luke vibert also playing synthacon 9, got real excited hearing it twice within a couple of hours. i don't know if he would've known aphex only just played it at forwards. they know each other so well maybe they were on the same frequency 🙃

best summer of me life :aphexsign:

just noticed the center writing is back since i stopped writing in the middle but i'll not use it except in special occasions, ha:)

Great to see you again man, very good night, I hope you got those posters home safely 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, colunga said:

are you guys in the wrong thread?

Diatoms is giving away a free card for the fieldday vinyl to someone who gets the most emoji under their post. Check the previous page. There will be a winner on 12 september

So come on you slags, write a post about why you love afx and win that cardcode 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mattthegoone said:

Great to see you again man, very good night, I hope you got those posters home safely

haha, they're still in my afx hoodie pocket:)

• Burger 1

I can't show people electronic music. It's not real music to them. I feel alone sometimes in that way. Not that it's the only genre I like, but I keep it to myself for the most part. 

• Like 8

my afx journey started when i was 4, i first heard i care because you do from my dad. i remember hearing the beginning of acrid avid in his car super vividly. we continued listening to that drukqs, come to daddy and windowlicker. we used to watch the rubber johnny video every night because i loved the track and the creepy video as a little kid ( i still do lol). about 4 years ago i went in super deep getting into richards discog. i started to discover caustic window and all the alia’s. i had already been a musician but richard made me want to make electronic music, so i started doing it. i went through some tough stuff and richard has been there for me through all of it. he practically saved + changed my life forever. now 4 years later i have loads of gear and have made 1,700 songs and released 11 or so records. i also have 2 record labels with coming up on 100 releases. i’m only 17 years old and seems like i have an eternity in front of me. hopefully my story didn’t get to deep, richard is just a huge hand in my life. ‘PS i’m not gonna pay 250 fucking P for this record but i love the songs so i might if i don’t get this one lolol’

i make electronic music under the name ‘Reservior…’ available on all streaming services

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

6 hours ago, diatoms said:

@Bubba69 in the lead with a week left to go,    7  e moji

the more you moji others they may return the love

i'm putting one on all the posts to be neutrally positive:)

:aphexsign:

I don't think mine should count as it was just a response to the 3 little bears observation

8 minutes ago, Bubba69 said:

I don't think mine should count as it was just a response to the 3 little bears observation

give us your favorite afx story:)

(you're tied with yourself at 7 with your reaktor quote as well, ha)

On 9/3/2023 at 9:08 PM, Bubba69 said:

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with my life before I heard aphex for the first time two decades ago. Today I make my own oscillators in Reaktor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matureraver said:

my afx journey started when i was 4, i first heard i care because you do from my dad. i remember hearing the beginning of acrid avid in his car super vividly. we continued listening to that drukqs, come to daddy and windowlicker. we used to watch the rubber johnny video every night because i loved the track and the creepy video as a little kid ( i still do lol). about 4 years ago i went in super deep getting into richards discog. i started to discover caustic window and all the alia’s. i had already been a musician but richard made me want to make electronic music, so i started doing it. i went through some tough stuff and richard has been there for me through all of it. he practically saved + changed my life forever. now 4 years later i have loads of gear and have made 1,700 songs and released 11 or so records. i also have 2 record labels with coming up on 100 releases. i’m only 17 years old and seems like i have an eternity in front of me. hopefully my story didn’t get to deep, richard is just a huge hand in my life. ‘PS i’m not gonna pay 250 fucking P for this record but i love the songs so i might if i don’t get this one lolol’

i make electronic music under the name ‘Reservior…’ available on all streaming services

Just wondering - did you mean to misspell 'Reservoir' or is it really 'Reservior'?

18 minutes ago, gafjunkis said:

Just wondering - did you mean to misspell 'Reservoir' or is it really 'Reservior'?

it’s spelled Reservior… with the dots and such. i misspelled it on purpose when making the name

On 9/1/2023 at 12:46 PM, cern said:

Did anyone saved Aphex son's tracks he uploaded to Soundcloud? 

what are those called?! need to hear those

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, matureraver said:

it’s spelled Reservior… with the dots and such. i misspelled it on purpose when making the name

what are those called?! need to hear those

I recall this happening but can't recall the track name(s) but here is an article.

https://www.complex.com/music/a/khrisd/aphex-twin-son-soundcloud

On 8/31/2023 at 6:47 PM, Ivan Ooze said:

Me and a bunch of friends were gonna do shrooms at a friends house who was gonna try it for the first time, so i went to the record store to buy an electronic album to chill to on the shroomies and i blindly bought drukqs. 

lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, matureraver said:

please i need this recorddddddddddd!!!(im never selling it clearly) i love all you guys and thanks for the streams on my music keep playing it!!!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Diatoms is giving away a free card for the fieldday vinyl to someone who gets the most emoji under their post. Check the previous page. There will be a winner on 12 september

Alco rn

image.gif.0a4254916d38023703d2018b44f66e12.gif

• Haha 4