IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

master sample spotters... help!!!

This is driving me insane.

On the song 20 Pink floyd, from about 6 seconds to 51 seconds... I've heard that exact same drum break and double bass drum hit 100000000000000000033314 times before.

But for some reason I can't figure out what track.

You must be joking, but anyways:

I don't get it

On the song 20 Pink floyd, from about 6 seconds to 51 seconds... I've heard that exact same drum break and double bass drum hit 100000000000000000033314 times before.

Sounds familiar, though slower than it should be. Cannot place it.

Yes, slowed down.

Go to 5:34 of the funky drummer track. spot the break.

it also happens to be one of the most used breaks of all times

Ah yes. Right. Well, time to hand in my badge and gun. Time to put this old war horse out to pasture.

it's the break from run DMC Run's House, which is funky drummer plus some sauce.

I don't get it

Yes, slowed down.

Go to 5:34 of the funky drummer track. spot the break.

it also happens to be one of the most used breaks of all times

Gotcha.

Ok question. Since I obviously don't listen to this james brown feller' because I'm busy with the idmz.

Where have I heard that exact same break with the 2 bass hits (which are very notably missing from this "james brown" dudes track) like in 20 pink floyd, in uh... like music we I listen to?

At first I thought it might be a wagonchrist track but skimmed the discography and found nothing.

edit: but good job guys with the regular source. I'm legitimately impressed. I'm just trying to find out where I heard it (which is def not james brown lol). It was the exact same break and timing with the bass as the 20 pink floyd track.

Edited by StephenG

please tell me you're trolling me hard with the james brown comments.

the break is the same.

Aphex uses it in Popcorn.

But it's been used it hundreds and hundreds of songs..

http://www.whosampled.com/James-Brown/Funky-Drummer/sampled/

It's not just the break I'm talking about...

The drum beat ends in a pattern of two distinctly different bass notes.

also yes of course I'm trolling you hard with the james brown stuff.

whos jams brun?

Edited by StephenG

straight outta compton?

holy shit

how the fuck

lol my dad used to listen to NWA (don't ask). That's where I've heard it 8123904190824012840 times.

thank you

Edited by StephenG

Guest kymppinetti

straight outta compton?

holy shit

how the fuck

lol my dad used to listen to NWA (don't ask). That's where I've heard it 8123904190824012840 times.

thank you

haha i wish my dad had such taste. xD

Guest kymppinetti

I don't know if it actually exact the same. That 'snare' sounds is pretty similar to my ears. Meaby the sound makes you feel it's the same.

Close enough though.

I don't know if it actually exact the same. That 'snare' sounds is pretty similar to my ears. Meaby the sound makes you feel it's the same.

Close enough though.

you talkin' to me, or zeff?

Guest kymppinetti

Close enough though.

Oh xD To you

Close enough though.

Oh xD To you

It's not "exactly" the same, but it's the same break sampled, and ends in an extremely similar couple of bass notes. cheers, thanks for pointing it out.

Its also sampled from the Run DMC record on Wagon Christ's Electro Gangsta if youve heard that.

heh lol that's an even more likely source than the NWA one tbh. (edit: as to where I was remembering it from)

I even posted a page or two back that I thought it was from wagon christ.

I know the break is sampled a bazillion times, but that little bass hit at the end isn't, so much. In fact, I imagine wagon christ mayble sampled NWA in that Electron Gangsta track?

Edited by StephenG

Not sure if anyone else has replied to this yet, but on the offchance they haven't, it's from Run DMC's My House, as sampled by the Future Sound of London in a few of the Dead Cities tracks, if memory serves.

It's crazy listening to all these, as someone else who started out making silly little mashups with a cheap sampler before moving on to original creations that were a bit out there.

#99 - 4 Red Calx (2:51)

#109 - 4 Red Calx[slo] (5:41)

The longer one is the first one slowed down

I think rich slowed it down on the spot - they both have the same track number in front. he uploaded the first one, then uploaded the second one later, then deleted the first one. as if hes like "ah nvm i want that one slower instead". and just added "[slo]" to end.

Thanks 4 this in4mation ;-) & i've got them both