IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I don't know if this has already been covered but one of the most recent comments on the soundcloud profile asks if anyone has the theme tune to "How" kid's TV program as he reckons it may have been made on the Fairlight. Does anybody know if Richard owns one? I looked on wikipedo and Aphex isn't listed as an owner. Yet...

Fairlights were designed in 1979. "How" ran from 1966 to 1981 so the answer's No unless they used one for the very last series

Back in the day it used to be possible for artist to rent one as well. I know that Coil did so for the making of one of their albums.

Now this is over, all the watmm tourists will be leaving soon.

you know, the members with 30 posts who says "us" and "we" when referring to the watmm community vis-a-vis its being mentioned in pitckfork, despite contributing literally nothing and whose interest will vanish once the excitement slows down

so you mean...you?

re: the mastering comments. If he is just uploading all these tracks raw from the tape, they sound really great already. My thought is he's originally recorded some of them to Dat or cassette slightly hot on purpose and/or also ran some of them through master bus compression or EQ originally. Richard, if my speculation here is also bullshit please leave an applicable soundcloud comment

Guest murphythecat8

can someone answer me? how many trax did RDJ officially released, including all his alias, his unreleased stuff, remixed, compilation ect excluding the live stuff?

Edited by murphythecat8

that's pretty lol considering how skytree was just crying about how CCAI was "hot"

re: the mastering comments. If he is just uploading all these tracks raw from the tape, they sound really great already. My thought is he's originally recorded some of them to Dat or cassette slightly hot on purpose and/or also ran some of them through master bus compression or EQ originally. Richard, if my speculation here is also bullshit please leave an applicable soundcloud comment

can someone answer me? how many trax did RDJ officially released, including all his alias, his unreleased stuff, remixed, compilation ect excluding the live stuff?

search

you know, the members with 30 posts who says "us" and "we" when referring to the watmm community vis-a-vis its being mentioned in pitckfork, despite contributing literally nothing and whose interest will vanish once the excitement slows down

so you mean...you?

giphy.gif

you animalistic beast

so you mean...you?

sb7vgp.jpg

Guest LoveRhino

Ya know, I'm trying to be real cautious with enthusiasm with this whole thing, because what we've got already is incredible, but I really don't see anything preventing this from turning into 400+ tracks like that embedded ID tag suggested. I don't even know how to deal with this. I mean it's out of control. It's like, I've been listening to this dude for years, have this identity of him built up over the course of them through this music, and in 3 days it's almost completely obliterated (not in a bad way). I really think when all is said and done this is going to take me a few years to completely grasp the scope of. Also, as far as I know nothing like this has been done quite like this in contemporary music. This is the kind of shit that estates of dead musicians drag out over the course of a decade, milking the album and a half of unreleased material they found for everything they can get out of it, and this dude just says take it all. This is definitely a milestone in my musical life.

Here here.

Yeah, cos all true Aphex / Braindance fans have to post here thousands of times to prove their worth, even if it's just mindless drivel. Great contributions btw

Edited by chaofan

Yeah, cos all true Aphex / Braindance fans have to post here thousands of times to prove their worth, even if it's just mindless drivel. Great contributions btw

1) Go fuck yourself, chaofan

2) y'all seem to have completely misunderstood my point. I am referring exclusively to people who show up for the goldrush and then split when it's over. I am not at all railing against new members or people with low post counts.

1) Go fuck yourself, chaofan

2) y'all seem to have completely misunderstood my point. I am referring exclusively to people who show up for the goldrush and then split when it's over. I am not at all railing against new members or people with low post counts.

point 1- ha! A bit harsh!

point 2 - know what you mean, but it's this kind of thing that might engage people who've not heard much rdj before, and make them go out and buy a few records. I mean, I don't imagine there are that many people who are excited about this whole thing and either a) not already fans, or b) won't buy stuff based on this. But yeah, if your comment is just restricted to the fact that quite a few new users won't stick around, fair enough.

Edited by chaofan

so you mean...you?

so you mean...you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_burn_centers_in_the_United_States

>be me, watmm user

>use watmm, pretty cool

>been here since 2004

>only post when it's worth posting

>older users think i'm a pretty cool guy

>rdj releases loads of stuff on soundcloud

>newfriend comments 'you know, the members with 30 posts who says "us" and "we" when referring to the watmm community vis-a-vis its being mentioned in pitckfork, despite contributing literally nothing and whose interest will vanish once the excitement slows down'

>am flagged as user with 30 posts

>stop posting on watmm

>slow decline

>now i'm dead

Guest PolyKrome

I'm still amped on all this. It feels like I'm still waking from a dream or something. I've walked around with a wry smile on my face since the first 10 tracks were posted. There are so many amazing tracks in this bounty that it's just off the chain! I'm super digging Organ right at this moment....such a killer track!