IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I think he's done dropping, but now enjoying the fruits of his several day's labor by reading all the comments/praise

I wouldn't put it past him to put like 1-2 more a week from now, when he trips over an old tape he forgot about.

Well that I do agree with

I'm confident he just got busy with other things and isn't done. It wouldn't make sense for him to get up yesterday morning to upload a handful of songs he could've just uploaded the night before.

I also think he's dropping these sequentially from oldest to new, and I'm still anticipating Drukgs/Analord/Syro??? era tracks.

Just wishful thinking on my part, also I wouldn't call this a 'normal' week for my brain.

who knows, like RDJ keeps saying he hates the whole distribution side of things, he just wants to make music. guess he's torn between hating all that but also feeling good about folks hearing all this stuff. Depends on how he feels.

I also think he's dropping these sequentially from oldest to new, and I'm still anticipating Drukgs/Analord/Syro??? era tracks.

Syro leftovers would be awesome to hear. This + prepared piano pieces !

I think the 128k is great beacuse it lends to that era when 128k mp3s were the best you could do. Higher rate would always be a great addition.

yeah I remember being frustrated when I couldn't find a 128kbps encode of the drukqs leak on slsk.. because I was on dialup and didn't want to spend hours downloading individual 256kbps mp3s :P

even funnier, I got the CD and ended up ripping it at 128kbps hahah (it was one of the first full albums I ripped to mp3, it was such a novelty at the time!)

Edited by modey

Guest prototype303

yeah those good old dial-up days hahhaha

was on a 56k modem back them, took me fucking hours upon hours to download an album, max speed was 2.5-5 max. back then i thought 128k was the nuts.

Edited by prototype303

it just needs to read our reviews to see if his music always good and recognize the tracks that have most affected ... especially know the tastes of his fans ... it allows him to move on, to go further and get rid of his old tracks to go ahead for new sounds and new music: the need to be innovative? Yes, and with our comments and ratings! ;-)

updated

https://gist.github.com/tablatronix/e1ae69227eb86818113c

some of the desc were missing, or modified, I rechecked , didn't see any other difs.

Thanks for this. Working right now on my own set, using the big mega .rar as a starting point, re-tagging with custom artwork where present, using aphex twin as artist unless it's clearly a pseudonym, and using 2015 unless the notes list a year/range.

that's strange, 'cause i don't have this corrupted file and the full lenght i've it's 4:30... strange but true after En Ex confirmation... 'cause i've not dwlded this corrupted version... i would like to listen it to see the difference...

I missed the error initially, but yeah, the longer one is corrupted. I thought it was a different edit at first, but now I see what happened and why Richard reuploaded it. The 4:30 track is the correct version.

Interesting that the name got a slight tweak, though.

Edited by En Ex

obvious fake shit that, by using the name aphex twin like that, is borderline criminal

yeah, i'm confused, 'cause... even if it's free, how can we enjoy Richard's success?

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2015/jan/29/aphex-twin-soundcloud-dump-shock-and-delight?CMP=share_btn_fb

apologies if this has been posted before but "10 Shit Smothered" appears here, last track.

http://www.discogs.com/AFX-Analogue-Bubblebath-Vol-31/master/617160

Yep - there are quite a few that ended up appearing as officially released tracks with slight tweaks...

obvious fake shit that, by using the name aphex twin like that, is borderline criminal

yeah, i was thinking it was most likely some copycat. thought i`d put up the link though cos you hardcore aphex heads will have a better ear for this stuff than me

Guest HokusPoker

Lackluster is so funky. Haven't even listened to more than ~7 tracks. Just what I needed during exam preparation time. Incredible.

Thanks, Richard.

So the consensus is that there have been 111 tracks uploaded, and 2 taken down?

I have 111 and don't see any doubles, knew that the dark girl/boy song had disappeared after i got it.

I'm curious what the other missing track is.