IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Has anyone else noticed Quoth dustbin sample in Mental Telepathy?

hahah! nice!!

edit: red alert just came on.. I had already forgotten about this track!!

Edited by MIXL2

I couldn't follow the uploads yesterday, plenty of new tracks to discover but...looks like it's over no ?

Also many thanks to Das Gespent for the nice package :beer:

EDIT : lol @ Warp finally following User48736353001 on Soundcloud !

Edited by StocKo

Its the mufn runs house break YOUR WELCOME

http://oldskooltechno.com/2011/01/the-most-commonly-sampled-breakbeats-%E2%80%93-techno-edition-part-3/

The drum beat ends in a pattern of two distinctly different bass notes.

straight outta compton?

holy shit

how the fuck

lol my dad used to listen to NWA (don't ask). That's where I've heard it 8123904190824012840 times.

thank you

haha i wish my dad had such taste. xD

I'm actually a bit relieved he's taking a break from (or finished) uploading. Now I can carry on with my life and actually listen to the tracks with my full attention without the anxiety of missing a new track.

I'm very, very happy, regardless.

Read a lot, write a little. Been an RDJ fan since was sat getting a haircut a long long time ago – am 2 years his junior - and it must have been MTV played the video for On whilst I sat in the barbers chair. All these abstract bits flying around a beach in a stop motion way, that was the start.

The SAW’s followed as did everything else he put out officially (was v late to the Tuss) and to be honest had resigned myself to the fact that Drukqs was probably his official parting shot.

I picked up on WATMM last year when the Caustic Window rumours started and have been hooked ever since into following what eventually turned out to be Syro which in turn led to the soundcloud deluge.

I signed up just to post this – for me, SAWI and SAWII are the things I always return to most of all and the last few days have been amazing. I still haven’t been through it all properly but there are some tracks there that are at least equal to if not surpassing some of my favourite music of all time.

Thanks RDJ – it’s like literally overnight, we have been gifted a solid 8 or 9 albums worth of material, stuff we may never have heard.

For me (and it will change as I discover more and more of the new stuff) 70’s tune and Ssnb are worth the price of a CD alone.

Happy listening

Churchwood

Its the mufn runs house break YOUR WELCOME

http://oldskooltechno.com/2011/01/the-most-commonly-sampled-breakbeats-%E2%80%93-techno-edition-part-3/

The drum beat ends in a pattern of two distinctly different bass notes.

straight outta compton?

holy shit

how the fuck

lol my dad used to listen to NWA (don't ask). That's where I've heard it 8123904190824012840 times.

thank you

haha i wish my dad had such taste. xD

fuck it here you go

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=50558469424946152361

Guest FredFurther

So, if we could download this close to god given thing to our hdd's for offline pleasure, what would we call the folder? The Dump??

Despite being 99% sure he's done uploading, I'm still refreshing the page every now and then, but I feel a little more greedy every time I do.

I think there's a pretty high chance of him doing another "proper" release at some point this year, and these 100+ tracks will do just fine to stop me getting tempted to listen to Taylor Swift in the meantime.

Despite being 99% sure he's done uploading, I'm still refreshing the page every now and then, but I feel a little more greedy every time I do.

I think there's a pretty high chance of him doing another "proper" release at some point this year, and these 100+ tracks will do just fine to stop me getting tempted to listen to Taylor Swift in the meantime.

just follow the account on Soundcloud, you'll be emailed when new tracks are uploaded.

looks like it's over, definitely going to spend the coming weeks really digging into this stuff, especially RDJ/ICBYD era stuff, really great work. I just wish I could give something back for such a gift.

Hi all,

I know that its quite soon, but has anyone gone through and started dividing up tracks into eras and or "albums" ?

I'd be interested to see how you have approached segmenting the tunes.

I have a 4 hour journey to see my girlfriend this afternoon and 4 hours back on Sunday... so will be listening to the whole lot on the road (7 CD's ordered by soundlcooud upload time) and getting a feel for styles etc for later segmentation.

So, if we could download this close to god given thing to our hdd's for offline pleasure, what would we call the folder? The Dump??

I'm boring and call the album/artist 'user48736353001'.
I go artist: Richard D. James and album:user487363530 since that was the original name