Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

4d0lf, on 30 Jan 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

hayhook, on 30 Jan 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

Dixons Theft -mooow (3:52)

https://www.mediafire.com/?lv7857nkj48fajl

I get

Permission Denied.
"Shape Me (Original Mix)" by StereoK may be available for download from Amazon.
huh? :wacko:

anyone else having this problem?

Yeah, someone needs to start a separate thread so we can all vote on an unofficial tagging system.

What is the artist name(s)? Album(s)? Artwork? Are we keeping or ditching the numbers? These questions need answers!

I'm going with Aphex Twin and the album is user487363530. the artwork he tagged is the artwork I'm keeping with.

Edited by jules

Gotta love how websites such as NME have barely reported on this.

I'm sure it'd be a completely different situation if 100+ Arctic Monkeys or Kasabian tracks were to surface.

Fuck music journalism. Fuck it in the nostrils.

Yeah, someone needs to start a separate thread so we can all vote on an unofficial tagging system.

What is the artist name(s)? Album(s)? Artwork? Are we keeping or ditching the numbers? These questions need answers!

I'm going with Aphex Twin and the album is user487363530. the artwork he tagged is the artwork I'm keeping with.

If that's the case, I'll probably use one of the fan-made designs for iTunes.

Edited by valleyinaire

I think artist should just be Richard D. James, since the tracks are also by universal indicator, afx, caustic window etc...

4d0lf, on 30 Jan 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

hayhook, on 30 Jan 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

I get

Permission Denied.

anyone else having this problem?

I get

Permission Denied.

same. reaupload pls, that would be veeery noice. thx in advance :wub:

Guest crowndicey

I think artist should just be Richard D. James, since the tracks are also by universal indicator, afx, caustic window etc...

That makes sense. Although I tend to just throw everything under Aphex Twin just because that's how I first discovered his music and is the most recognizable name. Doesn't really matter at the end of the day. It all came from that dudes fingertips.

Just a heads up: when organizing these the 'Window Peeper' track from the Noyzelab interview tracks could be included too. Since it was tagged as being from the Llannerlog studio and made in 1988, it fits right with the other tracks. It was also uploaded with a specific # (5 Window Peeper).

Weren't there more Noyzelab interview tracks that could be included?

hmmmm i'm running out for lunch right now,

i am seeing the same thing when I'm not logged in to mediafire

(first time using it, will have to check the settings when I get back and will reup/fix)

Well technically 35 Japan was released under his Polygon Window alias... But I for one have tagged this all as by Aphex Twin (along with everything else he's done) because I've had enough of hunting for the various aliases in my library, hehe... :)

+++

Better make different topics for that, someone do it pls. thx, or it will be a mess. Specially if richard will upload extra tracks and this thread will go 10000+ pages

think i'll just make an "aphex twin unreleased" folder and smash in all together with the syrobonkers stuff and everything else that may come. otherwise i would have to reorganize constantly, too lazy for that :-D

21 Vtmn2 sounds so fresh

doesn't like it was made in the early 90s at all

those synths sound so Arpanet/Zwischenwelt mid-00's Gerald Donald sound its crazy.

Fork Rave sounds like something off Burial's Rival Dealer but the sounds have washed out and decayed themselves the long way round..

its gonna be quite divisive working out what fits where, as a lot of the Aphex albums were compiled from large time periods anyway. There are about 20 tracks alone which would sit nicely on ICBYD mood and time-wise, and about another 20 for SAW1. There are a few tracks from 94 that hint at some lost funk phase (i thought Bummy was the only one). Will probably try and come up with some kind of personal compilations that have good flow and tonal coherence.

21 Vtmn2 sounds so fresh

doesn't like it was made in the early 90s at all

those synths sound so Arpanet/Zwischenwelt mid-00's Gerald Donald sound its crazy.

Fork Rave sounds like something off Burial's Rival Dealer but the sounds have washed out and decayed themselves the long way round..

its gonna be quite divisive working out what fits where, as a lot of the Aphex albums were compiled from large time periods anyway. There are about 20 tracks alone which would sit nicely on ICBYD mood and time-wise, and about another 20 for SAW1. There are a few tracks from 94 that hint at some lost funk phase (i thought Bummy was the only one). Will probably try and come up with some kind of personal compilations that have good flow and tonal coherence.

both vtnm and vtnm2 are ventolin mixes according to joyrex.

Yeah it seems pretty much obvious given the track title and the other tunes he was uploading in the same batch, but i didn't make the connection til Joyrex said.

Guest Toastmann

So much to listen to, not enough time ;_;7

Or I'll just skip sleeping this weekend and hold my own little Richard marathon