IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Good grief... Please, someone should put together a comprehensive guide of what's been uploaded these last months. I completely missed the Syrobonkers thing, and now there's another 111 (?) songs available... Plus different versions (phlangebeat)....

Guest RupturedSouls

Popped all the AB6 tracks together ad listened through. Very awesome. Really bugs me that we don't know what track 1 is though!!!

Guest Londonskater

Just noticed that 11 phlangebeat runs at 4:37 for the 320kbps version whereas the 128kbps version runs for 5:11.

Both 128 and 320 are 4:37 for me with that track.

Weird. Anyone else got a 5:11 128kbps version of Phlangebeat?

Just noticed that 11 phlangebeat runs at 4:37 for the 320kbps version whereas the 128kbps version runs for 5:11.

Both 128 and 320 are 4:37 for me with that track.

Weird. Anyone else got a 5:11 128kbps version of Phlangebeat?
nop but hey that track was from the lost Joyrex tape right? Same as that Step To Cornwall track but slower on Lost Joyrex tape.

Holy lol, wat a fail. Syntopia is promoting the faek strepsister Aphex album on bandcamp as the real deal (somewhere here; http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2015/01/31/download-free-album-from-aphex-twin), look at the donations flying in; https://user48736353001.bandcamp.com/album/strepsipter

:facepalm:

The page is gone now btw, hopefully forever.

Finished organizing my files, and I've uploaded them in case anyone wants them, free account though so I don't know how much bandwidth/how many downloads I'm allowed:

https://mega.co.nz/#!oQYhiZLR!0JgeqyNmIi2kCJDCTuO3-6Dt3tnKFk1r9K2TO1kb4Yo

112 tracks (110 downloaded from Soundcloud + the 128 kbps streaming versions of the 2 that were only briefly available).

I've left the filenames unchanged, but tags are as follows.

Artist: AFX (it's the hashtag he added to nearly every track and I thought it unnecessary to make exceptions for the couple of aphex/pbod/... ones).

Album: user48736353001

Track number: Order they were uploaded

Title: As on Soundcloud (so sometimes different from the file name)

I also added his comments and embedded the artwork for each track.

If someone downloads this and finds anything wrong with it (bad files or errors in the tags or whatever), let me know.

thank you manmower!

Have you looked at the spectra for tracks from ICBYD? They all cut off around there as well. It's just the nature of the medium he was using then.

DAT on half speed.

Finished organizing my files, and I've uploaded them in case anyone wants them, free account though so I don't know how much bandwidth/how many downloads I'm allowed:

https://mega.co.nz/#!oQYhiZLR!0JgeqyNmIi2kCJDCTuO3-6Dt3tnKFk1r9K2TO1kb4Yo

112 tracks (110 downloaded from Soundcloud + the 128 kbps streaming versions of the 2 that were only briefly available).

I've left the filenames unchanged, but tags are as follows.

Artist: AFX (it's the hashtag he added to nearly every track and I thought it unnecessary to make exceptions for the couple of aphex/pbod/... ones).

Album: user48736353001

Track number: Order they were uploaded

Title: As on Soundcloud (so sometimes different from the file name)

I also added his comments and embedded the artwork for each track.

If someone downloads this and finds anything wrong with it (bad files or errors in the tags or whatever), let me know.

thx a lot man!!

btw dl speed is ace! u r a good person, sir! :flower:

Sorry but which tracks make up AB6? Obviously there's 6 files with AB6 in them so those are done, but there's no track 6 or 1. Down to guessing?

The best I can see if that some of the files have 'AFX' in the genre tag, unless that's what some of you have added? Doing this tells me that Step up to Cornwall is track 6 for AB6. I think.

Not that it's essential I split them up but just felt like trying out a playlist or two.

this whole thing is making me really itchy, a bit frantic tbh; browsing through the posts of last night to see if there's any new info while listening to p-string could actually save a lot of ppl a lot of coffee!!

+ how the fuck am i supposed to pick favs here??? u know so i can like them on sc & rdj can master some of those gems and maybe throw together a box set or two...

but there are TOO MANY gems! :crazy:

oh have i said thank you dear sir richard of cornwall for this cornucopia of magnificent sounds?!

Popped all the AB6 tracks together ad listened through. Very awesome. Really bugs me that we don't know what track 1 is though!!!

I saw the man in your avatar in The Purge Anarchy. He purged on the souls of the defenceless.

Some of these tracks are amazing. I really want to thank Richard for letting us download them. It's made me feel 17 again.

No one has mentioned Glockenspiel which has acid made with the dx100 glok sound by adding portamento (before he owned a 303). Pump that shit is pure funk - check the drum fill. Lots of the old tape ones are amazing and show his journey as a musician. P.e is such a trip -polygon window sounding as is catsquidge2. Afx theme shows how early he evolved his melodic style. Bcr78 reminds me of gak but at a slower tempo. I think I remember hearing it once in 94.

There are at least as many which he hasn't yet uploaded. Don't know if this means he will put them up or not. There was Woo Disco - another proto hardcore one with mental woo sample riff; an earlier drum machine version of Xtal and many more.

It's great hearing drum patterns used in different contexts and sounds you recognise from other tracks.

Hearing them loud in a car brings another dimension too. ep string sounded great. The groove emerges from stuff like squalitude acid and phuqed

He did say they were Unmastered.

finished getting all my mp3s tagged with his track comments and artwork n shit but i'm having an internal conflict over whether to keep the numbers or get rid of them... what's the general consensus?

I removed all the numbers (except for "34.5 p.e"). I felt no great sense of loss, impropriety or impiousness; I recommend all do the same

<edit> also, did anyone mention that most of the 320K sources are actually at 48K sample rate? Which is ideal for me personally as my digital system is master clocked at 48K and I usually have to upsample music to listen to it (not that I ever heard a shred of difference)

Edited by xy_politics

Just played Square Dance and usually I take no notice of the soundcloud comments 'cause I just find them a bit stupid and annoying but I laughed though when somebody wrote So You Sampled a Spacehopper :biggrin:

Sorry if this has been posted already but does anybody have Girl/Boy Dark as a single download? I swear I had converted it.

C'mon people, just one track until I am complete!

Right click save as teddy man

Thank you so much! Fuck me all this is incredible.

Edited by Twelvetrees