IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

he MAY have found an alternative to soundcloud, he's been complaining about how shite it is (it really is if you want to upload in bulk), but that's just blue sky thinking probably

yeah thanks richie, it was amazing, your absolute babe, never stop xoxoxoxoxo

p.s chris cunningham holds a grudge against rich?

nah I think he means Chris Jeffs (Cylob)

yeah maybe he'll start a bandcamp or something, i don't think its over but you never know with this guy

sucks we didn't get 2 download the new tracks, i'm not gonna listen to those 126kps tracks :sad:

god i miss his soundcloud already :cry:

Guest gorfman666

sooo, i was waiting for downloads of tracks 176-205 so i never ripped em off soundcloud.

now i wish i would have grabbed em. anyone have a link?

If anyone needs them I'll upload all soundcloud and noyzelab tracks tomorrow in one big lump. They're all on my work pc though so can't do it till 9am ish tomorrow (uk)

yeah maybe he'll start a bandcamp or something, i don't think its over but you never know with this guy

sucks we didn't get 2 download the new tracks, i'm not gonna listen to those 126kps tracks :sad:

Most 128kbps mp3s are indistinguishable from 320kbps, if you run into one with noticeable artifacts you can always skip it

iTunes used to sell their tracks at this bitrate not long ago, and encoding these days is even better

But I know what you mean, mentally it doesn't feel as good, just trying to comfort the casualties

If anyone needs them I'll upload all soundcloud and noyzelab tracks tomorrow in one big lump. They're all on my work pc though so can't do it till 9am ish tomorrow (uk)

Nice one. Any chance you can do as two separate lumps as I have all soundcloud but none of the noyzelab ones?

Most 128kbps mp3s are indistinguishable from 320kbps, if you run into one with noticeable artifacts you can always skip it

iTunes used to sell their tracks at this bitrate not long ago, and encoding these days is even better

But I know what you mean, mentally it doesn't feel as good, just trying to comfort the casualties

128 and 320 is a BIG difference...

yeah thanks richie, it was amazing, your absolute babe, never stop xoxoxoxoxo

p.s chris cunningham holds a grudge against rich?

nah I think he means Chris Jeffs (Cylob)

ooh, thanks for clearing up

Good times for sure, and I think we can count ourselves lucky to have been there while it was going on, the whole thing pretty much went under the radar, I think relatively few people got in on it.

Also I'm sure it's not the end of the story. If it was a legal issue I'm sure he can just release these (or forthcoming tracks) as albums though it would take a bit longer, be more work.

agreed its a bit disappointing seeing it go, especially since he seemed to be getting comfortable interacting with fans. seemed like SC comments was the perfect venue for him to do that since it's a bit more low key than something like a forum, etc. anyway, it's still great that we have a ton of tracks. never wouldve expected him to do that in the first place so i cant really ask for anything more.

We didn't get any new tracks after the counter hit 205, right? Just want to make sure i didn't miss any last minute additions before it vanished.

guys you have so little faith

hah, I think maybe it's all panic stations right now, but I also think you are right, hopefully it will be tied up nicely, somehow.

tbh I was getting a bit complacent with the soundcloud, as it seemed they were gonna be there forever, now I'm hopping about like mad lol

Edited by beerwolf