IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Guest Bourbon Surf

That zip of the 4th batch doing the rounds would make a great double cd package.. so many belters in it..
if it is the end, (please no), then inthesky is a good track to reminisce about those great hazy days when we thought it would never end..
straight into Flabbard is a great transition.. the rave goes on (hopefully)

On that note, have to say though i still can't get enough of medievil rave.... someone should totally cut the dude dancing in the windowlicker video to it, though the sunny LA vibe may not be appropriate... maybe an animation of windowlicker pimped up afx dancing through landscapes from ralph bakshi's wizards.....

maybe i should roll another..

Edited by Bourbon Surf

btw anyone noticed this description on his official sc?

"another mix,

In answer to the questions I keep getting asked.

ccai pt2 , part 1 is Drukqs, as that was the first thing I released that utilised computer controlled instruments, namely a modified Yamaha disklavier, 2nd gen and a couple of midi controlled solenoid based drum mechanisms I made just after I got the Disklavier.

I kept seeing them [disklaviers] in hotels, usually used to pipe muzak around the place and thought why doesn't anyone actually use one of these to compose music on and make beats etc!

A couple of times when i saw them in hotel lobbies, i sneaked up to the disklavier and set it to play ultra low pitch and very slow, funny watching peoples reactions, it was down every corridor etc

NOBODY i spoke to back in around 1999 inc. people at yamaha knew how to connect one of these to a computer and I had to take my computer into Yamaha to try it out to see how fast these things could go, no info on the net then either.

The first year I burned out countless solenoids in the thing and learnt how to repair them myself, the more recent gen ones like I used at the barbican have temperature cut outs on them thankfully, i’ve still fried a few though!"

Yeah, it's been commented on a few times already in this thread.

for me it the best of the last batch. i guess i just brushed over it yesterday and forgot about it. triple d would be my favorite but i've had a pretty decent quality mp3 of it as gibgib from some torrent i downloaded years ago on demonoid.

Members:

Kilgore Trout

tunnocks

LUDD

Edited by Kilgore Trout

...but overall I'd say 179 brk 2 is my favorite. Just can't get enough of those breaks

I love that track too. Hopefully he will comeback and post more like that.

Edited by Consul

btw anyone noticed this description on his official sc?

"another mix,

In answer to the questions I keep getting asked.

ccai pt2 , part 1 is Drukqs, as that was the first thing I released that utilised computer controlled instruments, namely a modified Yamaha disklavier, 2nd gen and a couple of midi controlled solenoid based drum mechanisms I made just after I got the Disklavier.

I kept seeing them [disklaviers] in hotels, usually used to pipe muzak around the place and thought why doesn't anyone actually use one of these to compose music on and make beats etc!

A couple of times when i saw them in hotel lobbies, i sneaked up to the disklavier and set it to play ultra low pitch and very slow, funny watching peoples reactions, it was down every corridor etc

NOBODY i spoke to back in around 1999 inc. people at yamaha knew how to connect one of these to a computer and I had to take my computer into Yamaha to try it out to see how fast these things could go, no info on the net then either.

The first year I burned out countless solenoids in the thing and learnt how to repair them myself, the more recent gen ones like I used at the barbican have temperature cut outs on them thankfully, i’ve still fried a few though!"

Yeah, it's been commented on a few times already in this thread.

ah sorry. always kept my eye on this thread but somehow i didnt notice :-)

Guest sloanster

It may just be a conundrum behind smoke n mirror's, having a laugh as he's hunting haggis in the hills, the tracks are there, 207 and counting, haggis, elusive as always and a devil to catch a live one called Richard!

Here is my tally on the last 15 uploads, prior to the disappearance (the names are a bit wonky)…

-5Mp2

-5parabeats2
-7summerfestivalloveinthecountry
-17elb1
-18elb2
-26 SubbassjzzYvEntolins
-27dondo
-30Dolby
-ibizaspliff
-natalie,jane,me,hawkeimperialRingD_
-8-mtg-edit-eq
-10-inthesky