IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Sadly the Cylob feat Aphex Twin tracks will never see the light more than this cus of them not being friends anymore and can't release anything without permissions from the other one.  . 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah? Wait 'till Cylob sees a massive fucking cheque with his name on it.

Someone said to you, somebody you dislike wants to release some music you made together. Here's twenty grand if you say yes. What you gonna do? Yr gonna say yes!

So fucking what if they dislike each other. To be honest if I hated someone and I could make twenty fucking grand off then I would.

Ahhh! Maybe It's King Richard Of Cornwall being the heretic. I dunno I'm drunk. Good night.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, DucksOpinion said:

everyone right-o folks !! This one is a biggun for all the ppl craving that unreleased Aphex Twin choonage ! @Manios , an awesome (and very lucky) guy, purchased a 2 dubbed gen cassette from DJ Food for which one member of DJ food has been holding onto since 1995. Here are 5 UNRELEASED songs from that whole compilation, most of them being collabs with the hungry man of techno, Cylob ! It also has one of Richards EARLIEST  songs he's ever created on this tape too. This is totally phenomenal and it's great to hear these dug up songs!

Cheers! feat. The best cylob photo.

transcribing the text from the discord screenshot.

this is very exciting stuff! he appears to be talking about 16 fresher+cleaner when he says "one of Richards EARLIEST songs he's ever created". Richard confirmed in the soundcloud comments that he made it in 1985, and that "in 1985 this was the fastest techno track ever made!"

on the photos included here, this track is written on the box as "THE BEST APHEX TRACK EVER !!!", lmao, that's fucking fantastic.

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

this raises some very interesting points about the "Joyrex Tape" that leaked on here around 2011. it's been explained that one of his friends went into Richard's bedroom after he passed out at a party, and he went around taping tracks from his DAT tapes onto a cassette tape. i think it's heavily implied by now that he grabbed more than one DAT tape, because there are runs of tracks from multiple sets of tracks from the soundcloud dump.

if we look at the 14 tracks in the track list, the "Joyrex Tape" looks like this:

track 1 - starting the tape with fresher+cleaner ("the best aphex twin track ever" :rdjgrin: if this was written on a tape in big letters, wouldn't you grab it first?)

tracks 2, 3, 4, 5 - tracks from ab6 (tracks 5 to 8 on the ab6 tape)

track 6 - gear smudge

tracks 7, 8, 9 - tracks 10 to 12 from the tape with the alt. versions of Ventolin (Praze-an-Beeble Mix). Richard was omitting released tracks when he put the tapes on soundcloud, i think the original version was numbered 10 (track 7 on this tape) and then the next two were numbered 11 and 12 on soundcloud.

tracks 10, 11, 12 - new info, based on these new uploads, these are all collabs with cylob? these are the only three tracks never uploaded to Richard's soundcloud. maybe they're not even Richard? suppose he picked up a Cylob tape, he heard Richard turning over in his sleep and started panicking 😂. track 10 is confirmed as an Aphex+Cylob collab, hence the lack of permission to upload it, but there was no explanation for 11 and 12.

tracks 13 and 14 - rogphlange and droneBreak, possibly on the same tape, they don't have running numbers in the track titles on soundcloud but that could be right.

so that's my new theory - tracks 11 and 12 were never Aphex tracks, they are Cylob tracks and that's why he never put them on soundcloud. there was a tape with a run of tracks 10, 11 and 12, that was a Cylob tape and it had the Aphex+Cylob collab (track 10) on it too.

mystery solved! funnily enough, these are also the tracks described as "unreleased Melodies from Mars outtakes", i never agreed with that description, they just sound similar.

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Dragon said:

transcribing the text from the discord screenshot.

this is very exciting stuff! he appears to be talking about 16 fresher+cleaner when he says "one of Richards EARLIEST songs he's ever created". Richard confirmed in the soundcloud comments that he made it in 1985, and that "in 1985 this was the fastest techno track ever made!"

on the photos included here, this track is written on the box as "THE BEST APHEX TRACK EVER !!!", lmao, that's fucking fantastic.

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

Blows my mind he wrote this in 1985            :aphexsign:Rave:)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, DucksOpinion said:

So, this would be the tracklisting?

(The two untitled tracks are tracks 11 & 12 from the Joyrex tape).

Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 21.30.09.png

So I’ve apparently lost the plot. This is the track listing to what, exactly? 

16 hours ago, WaxenPith said:

I guess I'm confused because the tracklist DucksOpinion posted doesn't match the tracklisting on the tape (with µ-ziq/wagon christ/gak tracks/fresher and cleaner as track 1 vs track 16/ a song called "dance to the beat"  etc)

Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 21.30.09.png

Cover.jpg

Edited by hayhook

37 minutes ago, hayhook said:

I guess I'm confused because the tracklist DucksOpinion posted doesn't match the tracklisting on the tape (with µ-ziq/wagon christ/gak tracks/fresher and cleaner as track 1 vs track 16/ a song called "dance to the beat"  etc)

Yeah, thats why I am highlighting it because @Dragon is talking about a track listing which isn't that cassette image...but I think he is referring to the Joyrex Tape. And if that is the case, I wanted to get a little more clarity on what tracks he thinks belong where...

I think the fact that some tunes appear on both is also causing confusion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DucksOpinion said:

Yeah, thats why I am highlighting it because @Dragon is talking about a track listing which isn't that cassette image...but I think he is referring to the Joyrex Tape. And if that is the case, I wanted to get a little more clarity on what tracks he thinks belong where...

I think the fact that some tunes appear on both is also causing confusion.

my post was about the Joyrex Tape with 14 tracks.

could you talk me through the tracklist you created? you put fresher+cleaner at the start, but there are 17 tracks altogether, i also was a little confused.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2024 at 2:45 PM, Dragon said:

my post was about the Joyrex Tape with 14 tracks.

could you talk me through the tracklist you created? you put fresher+cleaner at the start, but there are 17 tracks altogether, i also was a little confused.

Actually, that tracklisting was made from my deciphering of your post. I tried to get them into the order you'd mentioned...

But I think I've just confused the situation even more.

Still...quite a nice listen.

20 minutes ago, DucksOpinion said:

Actually, that tracklisting was made from my deciphering of your post. I tried to get them into the order you'd mentioned...

But I think I've just confused the situation even more.

Still...quite a nice listen.

oh! okay. yeah i think you made a couple of mistakes.

tbh i just want to know what are these extra tracks (in green)?? i need to hear them 👀

Screenshot_20240710-212735.thumb.png.286a460795feffe92355f4b2cd83f0eb.png

11 minutes ago, Bubba69 said:

ok I guess this confirms the other tracks are likely legit yeah?

If not anyone have been taking the other Joyrex Tape TRK 11 and master it to sound alot better, higher the tempo etc but I doubt it highly because u can clearly hear more details in this tape leak and it just sounds like it's from a totally different source than the Joyrex Tape tracks. 

Happy times! I really love that Joyrex Tape track 11 with Cylob. I think their collaboration would have turned into something very lush!
I love the Ventolin remix by Cylob and Im not even into the original Ventolin. 

I wish we could hear it in better quality ofc!