IGNORED

Is that Syro dropcard worth a lot of money?

Boris de Vries

I have this Syro dropcard lying around my desk. It came with the vinyl I ordered.

Something was supposed to be going on at that url that was on it but it didn't.

Can I sell it for a lot of money now? Or in a couple of years?

I just don't feel like I need it. It just feels like a piece of meaningless 'merchandise'.

Is it just a cheap piece of plastic? (it looks very cheaply produced) Or is worth keeping around and is it going to be worth lots of $$$ in a couple of years?

I didn't even redeem my download with that particular code because I ordered it from Bleep and it was available on there via my personal account anyway.

How did this work out with similar releases in the past?

I'm guessing there were thousands (I've got two myself). Don't think they'll go for a lot, but yeah, what Joyrex said. I did see one offered on eBay for 200 quid when Syro was released, but that one hasn't sold (I assume/hope).

I think BoC also had these dropcards for TH, and nobody really cared for them afaik.

It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Yeah of course, but what I was trying to say/inquire is: what usually happens with these dropcards? do people just throw them out at some point after redeeming the download? Do they cherish them?

I'm really not someone who's up for selling these things for loads of cash but if there's a market for it, but I might just be sorry just throwing it in the trash..! I don't know...

It just feels worthless to me at this point and I feel like throwing it away but knowing how many crazy fanboys there are around, it might be a stupid thing to do.

i dont think it will be priced more than 50-100$ even some years later. maybe 200$, assuming its pretty easy to fake and...its a piece of frigging plastic you cant even play on your turnable or cd-player

on the other hand, this went for 305 pounds so i have no idea wtf is wrong with this world

I've done some ebay searches and the most expensive i've seen so far is 8 dollars.

I guess I'll keep mine here and have it be in a 'mint condition' for a couple of years.

Mine has been numbered well into 9000 so I guess about 10 000(?) have been made. not a big rarity, huh?

i have 50 of them and in three years ill drop them all off of the empire state building for the filthy sheep to dance around like monkeys and snatch them up as they fall to the ground

Guest Chesney

Holy shit, are people really thinking about this? Why does everything have have monetary value?

These things would have cost pence to produce, in fact have a look on the Syro cover. Take into consideration that is was free and add inflation accordingly. That will be the value. Pretty much zero.

If any is trying to sell these for more than that then they are a prize cunt. People buying them are the most delusional, needy, materialistic fools on the earth.

Cool that people have a thing they like to collect, not knocking fanatics but they shouldn't have to pay the earth for pointless, worthless trinkets.

Holy shit, are people really thinking about this? Why does everything have have monetary value?

These things would have cost pence to produce, in fact have a look on the Syro cover. Take into consideration that is was free and add inflation accordingly. That will be the value. Pretty much zero.

If any is trying to sell these for more than that then they are a prize cunt. People buying them are the most delusional, needy, materialistic fools on the earth.

Cool that people have a thing they like to collect, not knocking fanatics but they shouldn't have to pay the earth for pointless, worthless trinkets.

first it costs 0.24 $

second you are a narrow thinking material cunt yourself

Owning one of these cards has been proven in controlled double blind studies to make you a better person.

Archived