IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

Ah, the firestarter. When they topped the charts and America winced. That was back when techno was loathed. I was there.  Just the sound of an 808 drum in mainstream America made people gag. Mainstream America has always been really closed minded about music. Booing Dylan for going electric? I rest my case. 

Perry's real-life character Wayne Maunder in the upcoming Tarantino film died less than 4 months ago. Weird coincidence. Was only cast last August. Both gone by the following March.

I'll always remember him most as the Reverend Cloutier in Oz, his arc and fate was haunting.

These celebrity deaths seem to have ramped up since Albert Finney.

"If you’re looking for what the Intelligent DanceMusic dudes categorized themselves against, it was this."

Fuck off

More likely that it was C&C Music Factory, La Bouche, and Ace of Base.

On P4K, there was a review of Beirut's new album Gallipoli recently where in the first paragraph, the writer said the title was not based on the WWI conflict or the associated "terrible Mel Gibson movie" (Peter Weir's classic 1981 film).

I found that statement of utter dismissal rather bizarre, unnecessary and pandering to demographic.

On P4K, there was a review of Beirut's new album Gallipoli recently where in the first paragraph, the writer said the title was not based on the WWI conflict or the associated "terrible Mel Gibson movie" (Peter Weir's classic 1981 film).

I found that statement of utter dismissal rather bizarre, unnecessary and pandering to demographic.

The trust fund interns of Brooklyn are who I go to for my moral and cultural guidance. I never fire up my streams without consulting the 'fork first.

with all due respects to them both (rip) i feel like the only one on watmm today who has never listened to the prodigy or seen anything with luke perry.  grew up in the 90s, which i guess puts me on the young side of both of their stuff

Edited by Marked x 0ne

? growing up in the 90s puts you squarely in that demographic. you just missed it somehow, it happens. I missed the entirety of Star Wars and Indiana Jones and consequently don't care about either.

"If you’re looking for what the Intelligent DanceMusic dudes categorized themselves against, it was this."

Fuck off

pretty sure intelligent dancemusic dudes were the last ones to catagorize themselves as intelligent. but i guess the person who wrote this is the journalist and i'm just some fan on the internet who doesn't have the platform / voice of journalistic authority.

what a load of bollocks. 

? growing up in the 90s puts you squarely in that demographic. you just missed it somehow, it happens. I missed the entirety of Star Wars and Indiana Jones and consequently don't care about either.

yo wtf. you don't like star wars?

rip my friendship with usagi. 

[edit] OR indiana jones ???

Edited by bitchroast

Wtf?! 2019 is fucking savage!

noticed this in 2016-2018.. growing up so heavily connected to media is going to give this impression... 

have to toughen up a bit i think. be sad, pay respects, and try to take the experience as a positive and move on. 

otherwise, you're opening yourself up to emotional connections with so many people all across the world we've never even met (also, especially when it's ranging back to people from the 70s and 80s like david bowie and prince, etc.). 

i got sad at robin williams passing because it felt like a family friend i had grown up with had passed away. and then i had to remember, noooo i just grew up as a kid watching mrs doubtfire and aladdin. 

yo wtf. you don't like star wars?

rip my friendship with usagi. 

[edit] OR indiana jones ???

that is correct, sir.

The Fat Of The Land was popular when I was 10, other kids bought it.

Rune Glifberg skated to Breathe in “Sorry!”(2002)

Lol at that Pitchfork writer hating on the Gallipoli movie. Like yeah, Mel Gibson lost his shit, but his movies were really fucking good.

Fuck off

More likely that it was C&C Music Factory, La Bouche, and Ace of Base.

Reminds me of that Autechre tv interview and the euroclub bit, lol.