IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

Ah, the death of a Rolling Stone.

While sad for his family and friends (condolences, of course) it does provide me with an opportunity to once again put forth that The Rolling Stones are the most overrated band in history.

If you want to listen to mediocre pub rock, there are tons of others that are nearly as good, if not better at it.

8 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Ah, the death of a Rolling Stone.

While sad for his family and friends (condolences, of course) it does provide me with an opportunity to once again put forth that The Rolling Stones are the most overrated band in history.

If you want to listen to mediocre pub rock, there are tons of others that are nearly as good, if not better at it.

I feel they always got too much credit for following The Beatles’ lead, following the trends of each decade, but coasting after the 70s. As for touring, I think they will hire a seasoned drummer to finish the gigs and maybe beyond that. A lot of fans don’t even realize they’ve had a black bass player for almost 30 years after Bill Wyman quit, as he’s usually not included in band photos.

45 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

I feel they always got too much credit for following The Beatles’ lead, following the trends of each decade, but coasting after the 70s. As for touring, I think they will hire a seasoned drummer to finish the gigs and maybe beyond that. A lot of fans don’t even realize they’ve had a black bass player for almost 30 years after Bill Wyman quit, as he’s usually not included in band photos.

Coincidentally I just walked past a record store that had “Their Satanic Majesties Request” in the window. That’s not following the Beatles lead, that’s straight up plagiarism.

Plagiarism filled with mediocre pub rock, of course. That band truly is the very definition of middle class kitsch.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Upset man said:

Ah Lee Perry fuck he seemed like he’d always be around.

pretty much yeah. but, he will always be around in our minds an souls !

R.I.P. mr the upsetter ♥️

• Like 1