IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

Cheetah3 must've been remastered at least? I missed the prevs but it's hard to imagine he did nothing to it.

The preview on Amazon which appeared briefly sounded a lot clearer and crisper than the Cheetah released on soundcloud - so yes it will sound stunning to the ears and it does sound mastered

it's weird that the time is not different, but the whole track sounds very different. It looks like he 'completed' the track and saw people liked it, so improved the mix a ton and got it mastered.

I imagine it will sound as crisp as syro, or he wouldn't release them on aphex.

Edited by Brisbot

Cheetah3 must've been remastered at least? I missed the prevs but it's hard to imagine he did nothing to it.

The preview on Amazon which appeared briefly sounded a lot clearer and crisper than the Cheetah released on soundcloud - so yes it will sound stunning to the ears and it does sound mastered

it's weird that the time is not different, but the whole track sounds very different. It looks like he 'completed' the track and saw people liked it, so improved the mix a ton and got it mastered.

what makes you think he cares more when he's releasing something as aphex twin :cerious:

bro, orphan selek and hangable auto bulb

hope it sounds a bit different from the afx dump those tracks, can't wait to blast it

Edited by Ivan Ooze

did the Cheetah3 track really sound different in the amazon sample? only listened once and on terrible headphones, but i don't remember it sounding remixed or heavily eq'd/remastered. seems like he wanted that laid back muffled sound/mix when he recorded it. i guess time will tell...

did the Cheetah3 track really sound different in the amazon sample? only listened once and on terrible headphones, but i don't remember it sounding remixed or heavily eq'd/remastered. seems like he wanted that laid back muffled sound/mix when he recorded it. i guess time will tell...

it was a lot clearer I thought - all of the elements in the track were - undoubtedly cleaned up the soundcloud version of Cheetah3

it was a lot clearer I thought - all of the elements in the track were - undoubtedly cleaned up the soundcloud version of Cheetah3

ooh i hope cheetah 7 retains that murky lo fi -ness, makes it even more chill (:

what makes you think he cares more when he's releasing something as aphex twin :cerious:

hope it sounds a bit different from the afx dump those tracks, can't wait to blast it

bro, autobulb is the AFX moniker... jussayin

i understood it as such; his Aphex Twin moniker is reserved for his more cutting edge musix, not reserved for purely high-fidelity production values, etc.

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

Guest bitroast

Because it's going to sound exactly like those, right?

well, until the actual ep drops can't really confirm one way or another 100%.

the amazon samples that were accidentally leaked earlier tho suggest that the cheetah tracks act as good indication of what the EP is going to sound like. if not 100% exactly the same, they at least provide good indication for tone and vibe (+ a nice way to sample the music and still have surprise when the ep finally drops).

ie. there's no real necessity to have samples / full track released at this point.

orphan selek is perfectly mastered

It's mastered differently than Syro, the sounds aren't as 'big'. They are clean though, Syro can be a bit overmastered at times. To the point where you can drive on the waveforms. This isn't an issue or anything. It's just what I hear.

Because it's going to sound exactly like those, right?

Well, Cheetah is basically slower Syro from the two available trax. So.. probably? Also used some of the same equipment, circlon or whatever. Btw, it is just a guess and my opinion. I shouldn't have to explain that everytime I post. But I guess I will.

I imagine more money goes into aphex twin mastering than afx. It's that Warp cares, not him so much. He has consistently released his best music on average on Aphex Twin.

Orphan selek isn't as 'big', and the sounds feel more basic than Syro as you can tell he spent longer on the syro tracks....which makes sense. hangable auto bulb doesn't sound as crisp at RDJ album and even ICBYD. This is just my opinion. His aphex twin moniker tends to have notably better mixed/mastered tracks. The tracks aren't necessarily better compositionally because of this, but that is just what I hear.

Edited by Brisbot

Here's my dream from last night: Cheetah's first 4 tracks get released on Bleep with a snippet of a Squarepusher track (that Rome track) (it is secretly in the file you download). I remember being super happy in that dream.

Edited by Consul

Here's my dream from last night: Cheetah's first 4 tracks get released on Bleep with a snippet of a Squarepusher track (that Rome track) (it is secretly in the file you download). I remember being super happy in that dream.

Maybe the cheetah cassette is just unreleased squarepusher trax

Maybe the cheetah cassette is just unreleased squarepusher trax

This is the next innovative step everyone's been waiting for Richard to take

I never have dreams pertaining to my life. It's either something that happened to me YEARS ago or something that never happened to me. I used to have a ton of dreams where I wasn't even a participant in the dream, I was like a camera watching other people. Oddly they stopped around when I stopped writing as a hobby *shrugs*.

But I haven't had any music based dreams *double shrug*. Maybe one day.

So yeah...

Edited by Brisbot

I pre-ordered the LP moments after the initial announcement but the tape was already "sold out". I checked back 20 minutes later and the tape was available, so I bought it, but it was a separate order, so I got charged again for shipping. I emailed Bleep to see if they could combine my orders, so that I didn't have to pay for two shipping charges, but they replied a few days later and said something like "due to the limited nature of the product, we cannot help you at this time". I call stinky, foul bullshit. I mean, the problem was their website was wonky. And how hard is it to kick me back a little dough and put them both in the same box? Really. ?

Edited by J3FF3R00

you want the guys from warp and their artists to work in a fuckin dildo factory until they are zombies? stop complaining, buy an album and just listen to the music