IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

CIRKLON EP...?

You're supposed to be the man in the know. We should be asking you questions

Just wondering out loud... the Cheetah EP might be the start of other hardware-influenced EPs Richard has in mind. Probably not though.

Just wondering out loud... the Cheetah EP might be the start of other hardware-influenced EPs Richard has in mind. Probably not though

He's been pretty truthful lately. And he's been keeping his word for the most part so we know SAW 3 and MfM will be coming at some point. I really hope that SAW 3 being half done thing is for real.

Also... srs... badger. Like. I know you said it was a good hint, but um... I still go through that thread every day looking for that 'right' post.

I listened to this streaming on my phone this morning, thought it was pretty darned good. Nice little thing that keeps itself tamed and focused. I doubt I'll buy it any time soon, but there's a few catchy and interesting tracks in there, was expecting it to be much more boring based on the general tone of reactions in this thread. Good job mr afx

Guest bitroast

CIRKLON EP...?

You're supposed to be the man in the know. We should be asking you questions

Just wondering out loud... the Cheetah EP might be the start of other hardware-influenced EPs Richard has in mind. Probably not though.

the rdj releases of late have all been pretty specifically categorized already.

cheetah ep = half an hour of cheetah synth.

ccai2 = half an hour of cat, etc

deejay selek = half an hour of misc. (??)

analords = 4 hours of music categorized into 20 minute hardware/setup specific EPs.

etc.etc.

the whole notion of him starting to release hardware influenced EPs seems to be a trend that started awhile ago, is what im getting at. im just hoping he keeps the releasing up cos everything has been very very very enjoyable :music: :^)

The bass a 4:52 in Cirklon3 -- I've always wondered how he does such squigly, melty, pitch-bendy lines like this. I've had some patches on my TX81Z come close, but I love how since the tuss he's been doing lots of those style sequences where they're really expressive and the pitch warbles around.

Think he's got an LFO rigged to the pitch and step editing the rate or just having a go at the pitch via midi on the cirklon?

Being a fly on the wall in the studio with the guy at work would be something to behold, just to see the process. There's obviously a tedious amount of work and he's put into his craft and it keeps getting more precise and fresh IMO. I've always figured that was the magic - just a dude who can write great tunes, pushing himself in an art spending more time just doing than than I do on anything. Not to discount anything he does, just that it really must be quite a bit of organization, work and discipline to craft tracks like he does with the setups he has. After spending a few days fiddling with a friends cirklon, it just makes me appreciate his tunes with it even more, they are really fun and quite deep, makes thinking about making some of the tracks he does with it at the helm would be an undertaking to say the least.

I am playing the hell out of this EP. Much more than I thought I would. I've heard it roughly.. 50 more times than DeeJay Selek.

did anyone else get a copy with the side labels reversed? A1-A4 sticker is on the B side and vice versa. i'm willing to start the bidding at $1000 for this ultra-rare AFX collectible :)

Edited by mammalsolidarity

In this very moment, aphox is working on a commodore 64 setup, building a masterpiece that will be mastered and released ten years in the phuture. The ep will be called "the C64 buckmisterfuller reverse hacked orbital bubblubobble psychoactive salt baths" and will include legal RCs to make the first listening in the shower. Warp will release 200 wax cilinders to hear it in mono. 200 Bitcoins each. Resell prices of the cylinders equally cost of a mansion.

The prelistening party will be inside the Gizah pyramid. RDJ himself will arrive in a centipede tank throught the sands of the time.

Edited by HexagonSun

Really? I heard his next release would only be available on teletext.

I finally got a chance to listen to Cheetah, and I love it. It's a head-nodder throughout. CIRKLON3/Cheetah3 teac sounds so much better than the Soundcloud version. It's kind of like it's a new track, although there's really nothing changed about it. The whole record is great, especially the last 3 tracks.

Finally got to buy this release and listen on my headphones... so so so so so freaking good! Loving this EP. So full of life and rewarding of multiple listens.

And since everyone else is doing it;

Bought the CD from Sister Ray record shop on a trip to London. Track list sticker on outside of the cellophane wrap, just like Syro when I purchased that. What's all this talk of transferring stickers from shrink-wrap to digipack? You weirdos! I ain't defacing the artwork with a sticker... I cut around that mofo with a pair of scissors like a normal person and tuck that shit into the crease of the unfolding sleeve. Pulled the same trick with the Syro album sticker.

Bet all your Panini doubles went on your headboards when you were kids ;)

lots of really cool micro-tonal (technically that's probably the wrong word) things on this release on all tracks except 2x202 but that tracks slammin' so no complaints from me here.

I've not gotten my vinyl yet but I want to try speeding up the 1st side to 45rpm.

Edited by StephenG