IGNORED

Favourite YouTube Videos

Joyrex

I'm not entirely sure what to make of this. I didn't know they were making a new System Shock (and Warren Spector is on the project), however, this looks kinda promising. I just hope they don't fuck this up... I mean the trailer has that zombie horn at the end and that's usually not a good sign

I think it's due out by the end of this year, or possibly 2019. I have to admit though, having played the original back in 1995, the remaster looks like it'll be much smoother to play. I just hope they don't "dumb it down" for console ports.

This is perhaps one of the grimmest bad endings in video game history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dibO67-z4Q

This is perhaps one of the grimmest bad endings in video game history.

good god

that reminds me - there was a 3d "beat em' up" arcade game I remember from the late 90s / early 00s that, if in 2 player mode, ended with you having to fighter your partner. literally watched this brother and sister bond over playing and beating the game together only to walk away pissed off because of this twist. minor tragedy. allies to adversaries, like watching the ussr and america after WW2.

that reminds me - there was a 3d "beat em' up" arcade game I remember from the late 90s / early 00s that, if in 2 player mode, ended with you having to fighter your partner. literally watched this brother and sister bond over playing and beating the game together only to walk away pissed off because of this twist. minor tragedy. allies to adversaries, like watching the ussr and america after WW2.

Kinda sounds like the end of Far Cry 2. All of your expat buddies you develop comradery with over the course of the whole game...only to find yourself killing every last one of them so you can use that case of diamonds that they're guarding to bribe the border guards to allow the refugees to escape the country. And this right before you kill yourself effectively as the only way out of your terminal illness. Talk about a gut punch.

Edited by ambermonk

cat's internal monologue:

these fucking humans goddamn fucking sweatshop-driving cunts imma kill you all and eat your corpses just wait you fucking bastids