Kinda funny to see some fucking Dave Grohl complain about pop music in that video. Pop music is much more than Top 40 or schlager or whatever the tip of the commercial iceberg called. Outside of terminology and supposedly "intellectual" shit the ranters always seem to listen to themselves, the point of the video is too obvious to comply.

It might be obvious to us, and his idea that tv and film is more interesting now is wrong and grohl's music started plain and got progressively less interesting, but it is instructive to be reminded of the fact that mainstream is macdonald's grade pink slime now and valuable for the youngsters who clearly more easliy succumb to this negative reality, yes the video is made by someone that probably isn't into music very much, having spent his life instead writing about alt politics. The way thing have been going, I wouldn't be surprised if we all do end up watching hypnotoad, heh.

As for pop music as a thing, I have no problem with pop, everything I like is pop in aesthetic, I don't listen to hooks from my washing machine in some attempt to be different, I like nice melodic and rhythmic content, not trying to 'break all the rules' only to be left with nothing. The pop I listen to is italo or alternat or whatever though, it's still pop though, just not popular. Of course this leads into some conversation of definition and I would have to again bring up my argument that most people don't like music anyway, like inherently are not that intrested in music, it's more a socially conditioned thing than an ingrained passion, and this is illustrated by what passes for popular music either here or on the nomadic plains of Mongolia.

That's the ultimate reason for the situation as i see it. Mainstream is about making money and the most cost-effective and controllable way is preferred. As it's tied to economic rules, there's no need for comparison to less product-oriented times.

Vincent Gallo wrote a nice (if a bit romantic in regard to "new thoughts" and all) definition of influence in music in his review of King Crimson record:

You know, in the sixties and early seventies people under twenty-five years old controlled only a small portion of the economy. They didn’t spend so much money on things that would be mostly insignificant in their lives. Bands could sell only a hundred thousand copies of an album and have major impact worldwide. When I say the word ‘impact’ I really just mean that if a person, a band, a thing never existed then the world would be different. Different in a real way, in a way that allowed other people in the future to move forward in their language and ideas to have capacity to think new thoughts.

http://www.vincentgallo.com/writing/KingCrimson.html

hrmm, i ignored (was ignorant for the most part of) the gallo thing when it came around, but i'll read the review you recommend. It will be intresting because somehow i never after all these years, listened to one king crimson album, or even song all the way through i think that was a live song from the free concert in the park that the stones did in the late 60's. hah. yeah, i'm terrible, maybe it's not very good though, i don't know, i'll have to break the alcohol drought one of these days and do a youflub hunt for their music catalogue.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's James Harden he's talking about, a basketball superstar. Her (that other less attractive Kardashian) previous basketball star partner Lamar Odom ended up in overdose in a remote brothel. Yeah, i know my shit

giphy.gif

Yeah I didn't check my spelling but Harden is on fire lately

MusicRadar appears to be at the centre of a software piracy storm involving Kanye West, who's seemingly being accused by Deadmau5 of attempting to use Pirate Bay to download Xfer Records' Serum synth.

The furore stems from a seemingly innocent photo that the star posted on Twitter, showing him listening to Sufjan Stevens track Death With Dignity on YouTube. However, fans were more interested in some of the other open tabs in his browser, particularly those that showed that he was looking at the Serum page on Xfer Records' website and another page titled 'Pirate Bay Torrent Xfe…'

The screenshot shows that West was also browsing MusicRadar's guide to the 50 best VST/AU plugin synths in the world today at the time. Number 1 on that list is… Xfer Records Serum, which costs $189.

kanye-tweet-650-80.jpg

Now, this doesn't provide proof that anything untoward was going on, but the Tweet certainly didn't impress Deadmau5, who co-founded Xfer Records with his friend Steve Duda, and was quick to respond. "What the fuck @kanyewest ... Can't afford serum? Dick." was Deadmau5's succinct reply to Kanye's Tweet, and he wasn't finished there.

A follow-up Tweet said "Let's start a Kickstarter to help @kanyewest afford a copy of Serum," and he then added that "He needs a small loan of 200$#prayforyeezy".

Kanye West took to Twitter last month to claim that he was $53 million in personal debt. He has yet to comment on the controversy, but Hollywood Life previously reported that he was considering taking legal action against the Pirate Bay after around half a million copies of his new album The Life Of Pablo were downloaded from there on the first day of its release.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/kanye-west-reads-musicradar-appears-to-go-on-pirate-bay-and-gets-slammed-by-deadmau5-635331

Hypothetical: I'm pretty sure that if I saw Kanye in a ditch covered in open wounds and covered in piss and shit I'd kick him in his stomach, spit on him, and laugh as I walked away.

Hypothetically, of course.

sent using magic space waves

Oh snap... I forgot about this album... Haven't listened yet... But I guess I'll save myself the trouble. (was a fan during first few albums).

i hope turbo grafx 16 destroys even more bleached butthurt so we can put an end to all these prolapsing nazi nunholes

one thing is for sure: it will embody the true definition of punk, as kanye always has

# I’m bored ### when you get married will your wife have a giant minnie mouse head? # This brightened up my day… thank you dead-mow-five

— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) March 2, 2016

Do you do birthday parties?? My daughter loves Minnie mouse…

can you please bring the minnie mouse head … not yours she specifically likes minnie mouse …

I need you to perform at her party with specifically a minnie mouse dead-mow-five head… not a mickey mouse dead-mow-five head.

I’m very detailed oriented and I will know the difference so don’t try to just throw a bow on the original head…

I’m very detailed oriented and I will know the difference so don’t try to just throw a bow on the original head…

7/10 would retweet.

(I was wondering what you would post about that Deadmau5 affair Ivan :emotawesomepm9: )

Archived