IGNORED

Clark - Death Peak

lawrenke

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope the album is consistent this time.

Strange, I thought 'Clark',his last official full length was his most consistent material yet...now the one before that...not so much.

Same.  Iradelphic lost me, but s/t clawed me back in again.

Strange, I thought 'Clark',his last official full length was his most consistent material yet...now the one before that...not so much.

I actually agree with this, it was his most consistent. It was a decent  good listen from start to end, but I haven't once thrown on a single track from that album. I don't think any of the tracks (maybe banjo?) stood out as singles or worth playing on their own. I feel the complete opposite about Iradelphic, which most people around here seem to hate.

Not sure if it's worth noting that he is personal friends with Wilkinson and Nathan Fake? I feel like they influence his output significantly.

Edit: The teaser sounds like Clark trying to copy OPN. 

finally we learn of the savage beast that took his leg mobility away

LOL

Clark needs to have a wheelchair song or album cover one day... that joke never gets old.

I was going to suggest "death night", but then there'd be this whole "night" versus "peak" debate that would rage on for decades...

I actually agree with this, it was his most consistent. It was a decent  good listen from start to end, but I haven't once thrown on a single track from that album. I don't think any of the tracks (maybe banjo?) stood out as singles or worth playing on their own. I feel the complete opposite about Iradelphic, which most people around here seem to hate.

I don't think either Iradelphic or s/t had any stand-out songs worth playing on their own. And I actually found Iradelphic to have more of a flow than s/t, which sounded like a hodgepodge and really lacked any flow. Last I checked anyway. 

Really hoping for something interesting on this album. The live teaser hasn't inched me any further toward pre-ordering. 

I agree and that's disappointing. I haven't gotten into OPN very much (saw him live last year though and that helped), but I LOVE Clark's older stuff. Seems like it'll at least be more energetic than Clark's last two. 

Seems like it'll at least be more energetic than Clark's last two. 

This is what I'm hoping for. I think clark's at his best when he makes higher energy tracks. Not saying he doesn't have lovely melodies, just that his heavier hitting stuff has been my favorite.

If the album's called Death Peak and the single's called Peak Magnetic I'm guessing those two titles together are a goof on Metallica's Death Magnetic.  Can't wait to hear those Lars Ulrich breakbeats.

this is exactly what I think every fkn time it appears on facebook

the only clark album i am not a fan of is iradelphic. that was the only misstep imo. the single issue i had with the self titled one was that every beat was practically 4 to the floor.it was paced perfectly though. i'd imagine this one will be too, i think he is awesome at putting an album together. my fear is that only half of these will have beats and also be just oonce oonce oonce. but it'll be dope, even if it is.

for someone who has struggled to get out from under aphex's shadow for a long time would hopefully have maybe, i don't know, at least 1 person tell him that having the art on his new LP should not be a folded face of himself?

the only clark album i am not a fan of is iradelphic. that was the only misstep imo. the single issue i had with the self titled one was that every beat was practically 4 to the floor.it was paced perfectly though. i'd imagine this one will be too, i think he is awesome at putting an album together. my fear is that only half of these will have beats and also be just oonce oonce oonce. but it'll be dope, even if it is.

Yeah I'm with ya on both counts, after the disappointment of Iradelphic I thought the s/t was a nice pivot back into the general direction of Turning Dragon but with a little less crunch and more emos.

I'm all for musician bromances like his with Bibio - I like both of their musics, and their remixes of each other have always been up to snuff - but I think in the case of Iradelphic it clouded him into (deliberately or inadvertently) trying to make a Bibio record.  Fan/"critic" expectations can be a motherfucker though, I'd reckon if Iradelphic was released as a collaboration album between the two it would have been a lot better received.  It's actually a pretty enjoyable album if you close your eyes and think of it this way.

Yeah I'm with ya on both counts, after the disappointment of Iradelphic I thought the s/t was a nice pivot back into the general direction of Turning Dragon but with a little less crunch and more emos.

I'm all for musician bromances like his with Bibio - I like both of their musics, and their remixes of each other have always been up to snuff - but I think in the case of Iradelphic it clouded him into (deliberately or inadvertently) trying to make a Bibio record.  Fan/"critic" expectations can be a motherfucker though, I'd reckon if Iradelphic was released as a collaboration album between the two it would have been a lot better received.  It's actually a pretty enjoyable album if you close your eyes and think of it this way.

I have never seen it this way but it makes so much sense now 

Mofos,

it is Death Peak

check out the single here:

https://soundcloud.com/throttleclark/peak-magnetic

This track is fantastic - Clark has consistently proven he can produce quality music, and this is no exception.

He's surpassed Squarepusher in my opinion as far as my musical tastes go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i agree. i think it was so disjointed. which is odd, because every one of his albums flow so well. he has always made a point of focusing on that i feel. 1 misstep for me in 17 years is totally ok though :)

Mofos,

it is Death Peak

This track is fantastic - Clark has consistently proven he can produce quality music, and this is no exception.

glad to hear that. wasnt the case when us fanboys were lobbying for the clark subforum lol

i agree. i think it was so disjointed. which is odd, because every one of his albums flow so well. he has always made a point of focusing on that i feel. 1 misstep for me in 17 years is totally ok though :)

Mofos,

it is Death Peak

glad to hear that. wasnt the case when us fanboys were lobbying for the clark subforum lol

True, it took me awhile (and Clark awhile :dadjoke:) to grow and mature

Hopefully this album is a huge hit so he can fund a cure and finally get out of that damn wheelchair

I'm all for musician bromances like his with Bibio - I like both of their musics, and their remixes of each other have always been up to snuff - but I think in the case of Iradelphic it clouded him into (deliberately or inadvertently) trying to make a Bibio record. Fan/"critic" expectations can be a motherfucker though, I'd reckon if Iradelphic was released as a collaboration album between the two it would have been a lot better received. It's actually a pretty enjoyable album if you close your eyes and think of it this way.

Mofos,

it is Death Peak

True, it took me awhile (and Clark awhile :dadjoke:) to grow and mature

Hopefully this album is a huge hit so he can fund a cure and finally get out of that damn wheelchair

lol. he must hate us here...

usually big fan of dancing but this looks ridiculous

This... I dont understand what people shrouded in translucent cloth wiggling back and forth, and people in hoodies, ball caps, and ridiculously long cornrows whipping their hair back and forth in front of strobe lights has to do with Clark, his music, or his new album. I want to know what the f they were thinking for the concept. Makes zero sense

Archived