IGNORED

Clark - Death Peak

lawrenke

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole bibio iradelphic thing is stupid. He'd been working on most of the tracks since before he met him. Before Body Riddle. 

Don't bring facts into this. 

You mean like the part where Iradelphic sounds like Bibio or the part when they became besties right before Iradelphic?

I'm pretty sure it went down like this - after a day of picnicking in the foothills, strumming their acoustics, antiquing, and splicing reel-to-reels in an abandoned farmhouse, they retire back to Chris' fully-accessible studio where, after being asked what he's working on, Clark - still eager to impress - feverishly scans his shelves for an old DAT labeled "Prebody 6/8 chill."   It is of course covered in dust, but to his horror it's not the enchanted dust of drifting memories so cherished by Bibio, just the dust of malaise that has beset his life ever since the accident (Chris hadn't yet confided in Steve the circumstances surrounding that fateful day).  "Wow, look at that lovely sunset!" Chris then exclaims, diverting his new friend's attention to the window and gaining the precious seconds he needs to clean off the cassette on his faded jeans.  "Phew, close one." Chris thinks.  Just then there's a palindromic knock on the door, which both immediately recognize as none other than that of Julian House.  The three fellows proceed to spend the evening bonding over absinthe, tarot readings, and BoC-Dilla mashups, after which they crank out Iradelphic in about an hour and a half.

The whole bibio iradelphic thing is stupid. He'd been working on most of the tracks since before he met him. Before Body Riddle.

You mean like the part where Iradelphic sounds like Bibio or the part when they became besties right before Iradelphic?

I'm pretty sure it went down like this - after a day of picnicking in the foothills, strumming their acoustics, antiquing, and splicing reel-to-reels in an abandoned farmhouse, they retire back to Chris' fully-accessible studio where, after being asked what he's working on, Clark - still eager to impress - feverishly scans his shelves for an old DAT labeled "Prebody 6/8 chill." It is of course covered in dust, but to his horror it's not the enchanted dust of drifting memories so cherished by Bibio, just the dust of malaise that has beset his life ever since the accident (Chris hadn't yet confided in Steve the circumstances surrounding that fateful day). "Wow, look at that lovely sunset!" Chris then exclaims, diverting his new friend's attention to the window and gaining the precious seconds he needs to clean off the cassette on his faded jeans. "Phew, close one." Chris thinks. Just then there's a palindromic knock on the door, which both immediately recognize as none other than that of Julian House. The three fellows proceed to spend the evening bonding over absinthe, tarot readings, and BoC-Dilla mashups, after which they crank out Iradelphic in about an hour and a half.

this fanfiction is getting me hard. keep going.

looks like he is going to be in NY in May. wonder if i should make a clark shirt for that...

vfgklz.jpg

What's your shirt size? I've still got the one I made years ago lol, I could send it to you :D

edit wait: I asked you already.. the one I got made was a medium, I didn't end up getting clark to sign it though lol.. still, pm me your address and I'll send it to you!

Where did you read this? 

He's talked about it several times. He'll talk about how old certain tracks are like how the pinning pt 1 was from 2005. He played Secret without the vocals during a 2006 radio mix. 

huh. He didn't strike me as the type to have unreleased tracks sitting around for that long (a-la aphex). Don't know why but I figured he was always kind of working on his next album and then moved on.

Well I thought the live trailer looked absolutely smashing - the dancers looked pretty into it, also the track accompanying it was GREAT (the part when the ravey arpeggiated synths kick in are outstanding)! No doubt his new style is going to turn some heads and make a very select group of people on an electronic music forum a n g e r y but I'm personally very happy for him that he's pushing his signature sound further and trying new ways of performing his music live, I can't wait to see him in London.

:D

Blank, I dont wanna hate, but you just seem to like everything! Every time I'm like "Nahhh" you jump in filled with positivity. It's charming and all, but I'm starting to doubt the taste and decerningness of it all after this Clark live show debacle

I'm pretty sure it went down like this - after a day of picnicking in the foothills, strumming their acoustics, antiquing, and splicing reel-to-reels in an abandoned farmhouse, they retire back to Chris' fully-accessible studio where, after being asked what he's working on, Clark - still eager to impress - feverishly scans his shelves for an old DAT labeled "Prebody 6/8 chill."   It is of course covered in dust, but to his horror it's not the enchanted dust of drifting memories so cherished by Bibio, just the dust of malaise that has beset his life ever since the accident (Chris hadn't yet confided in Steve the circumstances surrounding that fateful day).  "Wow, look at that lovely sunset!" Chris then exclaims, diverting his new friend's attention to the window and gaining the precious seconds he needs to clean off the cassette on his faded jeans.  "Phew, close one." Chris thinks.  Just then there's a palindromic knock on the door, which both immediately recognize as none other than that of Julian House.  The three fellows proceed to spend the evening bonding over absinthe, tarot readings, and BoC-Dilla mashups, after which they crank out Iradelphic in about an hour and a half.

lol

looks like he is going to be in NY in May. wonder if i should make a clark shirt for that...

vfgklz.jpg

What's your shirt size? I've still got the one I made years ago lol, I could send it to you :D

edit wait: I asked you already.. the one I got made was a medium, I didn't end up getting clark to sign it though lol.. still, pm me your address and I'll send it to you!

flol that's right!!! ok we may have to do that!

but you like "everything" without saying why one thing is good and another maybe not as good.

that's called being discerning and it's a lvl 34 skill and you'll need a base 48 charisma to even compete in the local tourneys so might have to grind it out some more brotendo

but you like "everything" without saying why one thing is good and another maybe not as good.

Just like how someone can dislike something without saying why it's bad to them, which has also been a vague opinion expressed countless amounts of times on WATMM? What's with the weird distain of positive opinions towards anything all of a sudden? lol

Also I'm pretty sure I said above about why I liked the video so much!

good on you m8, I'm with you, too much unnecessary hate here imo

Archived