IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

Tangent incoming!

Just played Seven Forty Seven. Fucking ripper of a tune! 

It's next level for sure, it feels like one of the 90+ Geogaddi session tracks that didn't make the album. Or way earlier! That's one of the beauties of BoC, alot of their tunes are timeless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2024 at 8:22 PM, Friendly Stranger said:

It's next level for sure, it feels like one of the 90+ Geogaddi session tracks that didn't make the album. Or way earlier! That's one of the beauties of BoC, alot of their tunes are timeless.

Yes. I think it's one of their best. Perfect for a sunny summer morning or early evening. Blue skies, puffs of warm white clouds on the breeze. This track makes the eagle in my mind travel far and wide. To places I've never been but would enjoy. It really is a trip. Total immersion.  A powerful 10/10 track.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 8:22 PM, Friendly Stranger said:

definitely feels like a Geogaddi-era production, also this is probably confirmed by Seven Forty Seven appearing on the old-school BoC shockwave website along with other Geogaddi tracks and outtakes.

obviously this track expands on the earlier piece (audiotrack A6, which is *unspeakably* beautiful) from the Old Tunes tapes, and it shows that during this 1999-2002 era of their production they were prepared to go back to their much older compositions and rework them, keenly capturing as much of that youthful lo-fi emotiveness as they could.

they knew for a fact there were masterpieces on those Old Tunes tapes, it drives me crazy that they were exploring them and reworking them but still not releasing them, even in 2024 lmao

• Like 1

On 6/18/2024 at 6:02 PM, auxien said:
On 5/13/2024 at 7:42 PM, auxien said:
On 3/8/2024 at 7:37 PM, auxien said:
  On 11/13/2023 at 6:27 PM, auxien said:
  On 8/31/2023 at 7:50 PM, auxien said:
On 6/9/2023 at 6:08 PM, auxien said:
On 5/17/2023 at 11:46 AM, auxien said:
On 5/4/2023 at 6:39 AM, auxien said:

On 4/24/2023 at 6:48 AM, auxien said:
On 4/2/2023 at 10:22 AM, auxien said:

• Farnsworth 2

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Dragon said:

can anyone tell if he used the live recordings available online? or if this is a clean copy?

Sounds very clean to me.

Yeah, that sounds like the studio version of the unreleased ATP track. The above link is expired but it was saved here:

I am also reading that there have been copyright strikes against Old Tunes tracks on YouTube with Warp Records being the rights holders.

... Could it be?

Edited by Goiter Sanchez
  • Like 2

Next to PIC’s crystal clear high quality ATP-06 upload, the new copyright strike sightings on YouTube against R35TT and the other tapes, there’s also the following: the Hell Interface Facebook page has been deleted or set to private on August 1st. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Isn't this kinda how we found out what tracks were going to be on Syro? They started getting copyright strikes on YouTube before the tracks got formally released

• Burger 1

I doubt, some interesting posts from random boc lurkers suggest they are done for near future. At least all the prophecies from TH are completed 

7 minutes ago, Fredd-E said:

https://bocpages.org/wiki/Peter_Iain_Campbell

PIC is credited with most of Boards of Canada's publicity photos, included many exclusive photos in published interviews.

I believe he took the photo that inspired/was used in the Geogaddi album art, amongst other notable contributions. 

If there are studio versions of the ATP tracks I would do dangerous, dangerous things to get my hands on Echus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Friendly Stranger said:

I believe he took the photo that inspired/was used in the Geogaddi album art, amongst other notable contributions. 

If there are studio versions of the ATP tracks I would do dangerous, dangerous things to get my hands on Echus.

I am willing to bet there are. Or atleast maybe a soundboard recording of them. Don't forget that "Echus" was used briefly in the ATP documentary, as can be heard here: 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Friendly Stranger said:

could you give an example of something you'd do for Echus?