IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

22 hours ago, Pirtek said:

Sounds like the opening bars of Twoism slowed down... faek

6 hours ago, DavieAddison said:

Just popped up on Apple Music. Definitely not them. 

IMG_5695.jpeg

I really, really,  hate when artists do this - the same thing happened with TR/ST where some other artist with the same name now gets comingled with the real artists works.

If your stuff can't stand on it's own, then git gud.

LOL, watch it is legit and everyone will instantly love it :dadjoke:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Friendly Stranger said:

This person/these people need to fuck right off, the penalty for doing something like this should be getting shot out of a cannon into outer space. 

Right now, the Twoism server is probably at capacity :dadjoke:

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I really, really,  hate when artists do this - the same thing happened with TR/ST where some other artist with the same name now gets comingled with the real artists works.

me too. I guess on spotify someone was spoofing wisp and it was like some german rapper with a bunch of songs on his official acct or something idk if it got sorted (I don’t use spotify) but… lol 

• 1 month later...

Saw the letters MDG on a car plate in a beautiful place out in the country the other day, that has to mean something.... The brothers are ultimating the last beats inside his cave near the scottish shore

@mdg confirmed, right?

Jcpriegoh9_Boards_of_Canada_as_Pythagorean_greek_magicians_e4e98637-dfe1-404c-996e-4b6ff4404061.png

Edited by Milwaukeeeee

On 6/23/2023 at 3:53 PM, Joyrex said:

Someone's doing it to Burial now too

IMG_5833.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

• 4 weeks later...

Had a few beers and tempted to type something silly, or obnoxious, or totally weird (obvs not as weird as Alien Sugar) or even something sensible. But I don't think I can actually come up with anything at all. My brain has become a pathetic puffball of dust. FFS please release something. It's not funny anymore...

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 2
  • Big Brain 1

On 6/9/2023 at 6:08 PM, auxien said:
On 5/17/2023 at 11:46 AM, auxien said:
On 5/4/2023 at 6:39 AM, auxien said:

On 4/24/2023 at 6:48 AM, auxien said:
On 4/2/2023 at 10:22 AM, auxien said:

in the wake of brian mcbride's passing, i have been (re)visiting some interviews with SOTL and figure i'd share a couple of the comments they've made about not releasing music for 13 years:

Come 2008, and the glow of the duo’s critical halo did more to harsh their working practice than the 9,000 kilometres and nine timezones which lay between them. “We felt,” Wiltzie explains, “that there was too much noise around us, as if we had suddenly created something meaningful on a level that felt superficial.” Bravely, they elected to pause. “It’s best to quote Brian here: ‘You don’t want to manufacture longing.’” *

To us, too many artists are caught up in this political economy of keeping in the spotlight — like if you don’t put something out every year, people will forget you. But Wagner took 10 years to put out the Rhinegold.

Nothing stops. I think it’s more like a problem with the world. The world thinks that as an artist you have to follow this pattern – musicians record, and they go tour, then they go back record, they go tour… For me, I like to do different things. 2007 was the year we put out our last record. Sure, that was nearly ten years ago...For me, just doing something because it’s popular is not really a reason to do something...But you know – we’re still together, we’re still productive, we’re still working on music. Just recording a record to record is not really a reason to record for me. And you have to have a reason behind it. You just make art, because you feel like it. I never wanted it to be like a job.

Working on the music, for me, it’s kind of important to not fake it in some ways, to not try to force this emotional state out of it, to sort of pay attention to what’s going on in your life, if you’re feeling inspired or motivated just letting it happen. Especially after you’ve released a bunch of records for a long time, you don’t want to manufacture longing.

• Like 1