IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Just going back through the 12 hours of pages, nice work guys. Sillies for thinking there was anything vaguely gonk in there, but nice get on the nines.

Currently 2/3 through tt1pd, NTS3 has a live-ly unhinged EP vibe thus far.

I'm on my third pass of this stuff now, so here's some initial thoughts.

This is fucking weird. Like even by Autechre standards this session is WEIRD AF. But then also there are some bits that are kind of normal (?). 

There are some excellent tracks on here, and there are some supreme head scratchers as well. I'm not sure what it's going to take for me to wrap my head around nineFLY.  Same goes for acid mwan idle.

On first impressions it may be my least favorite of the 3 sessions thus far, but also I expect I'll be chewing on it's mysteries for longer than the prior two.

tt1pa is fucking phenomenal, fucking fuckity fuck

I got to this track and played it back 3 times in a row...

Fucking... Hell...

So much mind-melt!!

=D

I'm on my third pass of this stuff now, so here's some initial thoughts.

This is fucking weird. Like even by Autechre standards this session is WEIRD AF. But then also there are some bits that are kind of normal (?).

There are some excellent tracks on here, and there are some supreme head scratchers as well. I'm not sure what it's going to take for me to wrap my head around nineFLY. Same goes for acid mwan idle.

On first impressions it may be my least favorite of the 3 sessions thus far, but also I expect I'll be chewing on it's mysteries for longer than the prior two.

Splesh did my head in...

The bass is INSANE... But I'm going to have to get my funk on before I click with it, I think...

Just so weird hearing these type of sounds coming from AE...

They never cease to surprise, and once it's clicks - I'm sure I'll be amazed.

first listen going on now. acid mwan idle ... kind of wish this was the final track. kind of a momentum killer. i don't think this session will possibly measure up to NTS2 but tt1pd was pretty great (wish the bass was louder again though).

I´m sorry for tt1pd it deserves a much better name its just uberlush, never heard something like this in my life.

I want to get cremated to acid mwan idle

lol

I kind of love that there are tracks on here that I wouldn't even be able to identify as AE if I didn't know. There's acid mwan idle, then there's g131 and nineFLY both of which could easily be mistaken for coil outtakes if not for their signature production, and shimripl air. It's exactly what I like the most about listening to AE and what I've been missing for the past couple releases (as good as they were)..

I suspect this one is going to get a lot more plays.

I´m sorry for tt1pd it deserves a much better name its just uberlush, never heard something like this in my life.

I want to get cremated to acid mwan idle

lol
tt1pd will forever be known as woodpechre in my heart and mind.

Why can't Autechre be CHILL, just once. "carefree counter dronal" COULDa been chill, but NO--it's gotta be all spazzin' out. Ok, the latter third of NTS 2 is semi-chill. but, shit, man. WTF is up w/ the mighty Aut' nowadays..? jkl;

i have to go back to it again but i think NTS2 is one of their best. the same instinctive instalove i had for confield and exai. deserves the bold.

this one is more uneven again but does have some genuinely different tracks for AE as a couple people said ... g 1 e 1, nineFly.

Why can't Autechre be CHILL, just once. "carefree counter dronal" COULDa been chill, but NO--it's gotta be all spazzin' out. Ok, the latter third of NTS 2 is semi-chill. but, shit, man. WTF is up w/ the mighty Aut' nowadays..? jkl;

I would love me some of those brilliant multilayered hyper complex ambient drony almost jazzy moments too

but I also like the loud and noisy ones

The driving percussion/bass in splesh reminds me of spl9 (in the best possible sense) I totally get lost in it. But now with the addition of crazy bird chirping melodies flying around you

its m u s i c, maaan.  plenty of "chill" spotify playlists in the world if youre lookin for that

glos ceramic is downright the most evil and horrifying thing I've ever heard. So good.

someone explain nineFLY to me though, I like the bassline going on for sounding so evil but the melody makes absolutely no sense to me.

just noticed these NTS albums are listed as live albums on Rate Your Music; even the boxset has [live] in brackets. do we have any confirmation these are all live jams (which they do sound like, but still). i figured they're still made the same way as elseq was and aren't actual live shows so the distinction is a bit odd.