IGNORED

Saddest Autechre track.

NorthernFusion

I've always suspected Key Nell to be a Shay 'n Rwan release, too boss not to be.  Love the breakdown halfway through this^

Without a doubt: VLetrmx

++

I recall EP7 / LP5 being heavy on #emotional tracks but I can't remember which ones specifically off the top of my head

LP5 more than EP7, I'd say. Rae is on there.

LP5 brings the feels alright and remains my fav - I'll add corc to the list because that track tears me to shreds everytiem

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason, Characi gives me some heavy feels. Something about that weird atmosphere, the way a very simplistic melody can bleed through and play off against the texture of the track. There are very few others like it.

Another is P:.Ntil, which again uses its melodies/harmonies very sparingly and precisely to do what it does. For me this track is so intense that sometimes I can even listen to it. I get a very visceral, tactile kind of reaction to it (even early on, with the hissing and the clicks) and when it builds, the sense of dread and fear isss...

1 1 is so sad. A real tear shedder. The track around 18:50 on Krakow...a pure fit of despair. Misters Booth n Brown got a special talent for a strange and wild breed of hearbreaker.

I used to think Audiotrack B12 from Old Tunes was the only track that could do this, but 1 1 is totally blew me away when I first heard it. Like a whole world of that shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0l-5VHN_Ig

i always found this one particularly sad but i don't know if it's an ae track:

Interesting, that one has always been suspenseful but not sad at all for me. The one after it is devastating, though, like that 1984 quote about a boot stamping on a human face forever.

Piezo and Nine are an incredible two tracks especially right next to each other, damn geniuses

some tracks on Amber are like BLEAK to me in a way but not 'sad' in a pure sense. Like I said M62 feels like slogging through some afterlife dimension, Japanese version of Hell or something

Just can't understand some of these picks for sad tracks. I feel like you must be picking them because you were going through sad times when listening to them

Just can't understand some of these picks for sad tracks. I feel like you must be picking them because you were going through sad times when listening to them

Same... to each their own, though. Instead of seeing them as "wrong" or something, I'm just mildly fascinated. There's definitely some common ones.

The weird thing to me is that some of the tracks here are, to me, some of their happiest or most triumphant, like this one:

Or this one:

The original Neu! track is definitely a bit sad, though.

Same... to each their own, though. Instead of seeing them as "wrong" or something, I'm just mildly fascinated. There's definitely some common ones.

The weird thing to me is that some of the tracks here are, to me, some of their happiest or most triumphant, like this one:

Or this one:

The original Neu! track is definitely a bit sad, though.

well, i never said that it makes me sad, au contraire. but is it wonderfully heavy and rainy. it has an east berlin vibe...

well, i never said that it makes me sad, au contraire. but is it wonderfully heavy and rainy. it has an east berlin vibe...

I assumed since you posted it in a thread entitled "Saddest Autechre track" without comment that you found it to be the saddest Autechre track :)

I agree about it being heavy and rainy for sure.

Agreed with VLetrmx21, Yuop and all end.

Of the more rhythm-based kind, it'd be drane (Peel Session) and the unreleased live version of Kalpol Introl.

Archived