IGNORED

New Aphex Twin advertising in London underground station

nickthefish

Yes, pretty strange, no news for 2 days which makes me hope for some moves tomorrow

Did you not see what arrived at Boomkat today, this is the huge Aphex Twin news we've all been waiting for = https://boomkat.com/products/selected-ambient-works-85-92-digitally-remastered-edition-0312f4c7-0479-4914-9134-e26b42ccd270

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sincerely hope the new Aphex sounds nothing like the stuff in this Youtube clip.  This might ruffle some feathers but one of the things I dislike about a lot of later era Aphex Twin, Analord etc..is the strong focus on making stuff funky.  Where as RDJ's earlier material was so much deeper, more emotive, massive, other worldly....somewhere along the line he became fixated on funk, which is an element of music I can't stand for the most part.  

I'm hoping at some point he returns to his earlier, more serious vision of things.  He used to make music that was intense, that cut through the bullshit.  Now it's - look how slick and funky I can be.  Just my two cents but I hope the new one is some serious business.  Fight me.

I sincerely hope the new Aphex sounds nothing like the stuff in this Youtube clip.  This might ruffle some feathers but one of the things I dislike about a lot of later era Aphex Twin, Analord etc..is the strong focus on making stuff funky.  Where as RDJ's earlier material was so much deeper, more emotive, massive, other worldly....somewhere along the line he became fixated on funk, which is an element of music I can't stand for the most part.  

I'm hoping at some point he returns to his earlier, more serious vision of things.  He used to make music that was intense, that cut through the bullshit.  Now it's - look how slick and funky I can be.  Just my two cents but I hope the new one is some serious business.  Fight me.

i hope squarepusher does jungle again

agreed 5000%

autechre better release amber 2 next aswell

I actually agree with that (especially the funk thingy). Me no fight you.

That youtube video sounded okay. Sort of like Orphan Deejay Selek: lukewarm analordness that he can do if you wake him up at 3am. The best of Analord and The Tuss rival his best music from the 90’s and have tons of depth as well as the ever important funk.

A full album Statement from the ‘phex full of stuff we haven’t heard in the making would be of utmost dopeness.

I agree, thanks for putting it into words, while I can sort of see that snippet fitting into a strong LP full of melodic acid techno (it's a decent track no doubt), I sort of wanted an album full of Houston tracks, proper next-level bangers with insane sound design (that track, even live, has some of the best sound design on the drums and bass I have ever heard), not upgraded Tuss tunes. Serious business as you put it, let's hope, aye? I would never wanna seem ungrateful either cus whatever he wants to put out I'll be infinitely thankful just that he is making music for us. And you never know, I had this thought today, we could get a full album of other tunes with Houston and Primavera being in a few yeas (Metz to Syro was 7 years, so using same cycle we get a 2023 release), it shouldn't be a given we are getting those Txx tunes now but it sure would be good!

:aphexsign:  :aphexsign:  :aphexsign:

...I'll be infinitely thankful just that he is making music for us....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl_ZKuunl14/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1gv6kq602eosf

More. LA

I mean, the other ones were cool but this is easily the dopest.

I hope this one’s real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holy shit. it's happening we're getting a new album. 

amoeba's official account posted it too, it's real: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl_eJ8oAovC/?taken-by=amoebahollywood

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl_ZKuunl14/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1gv6kq602eosf

More. LA
I mean, the other ones were cool but this is easily the dopest.

Archived